Forza Horizon
  • You were right Stormy, 63 messages. Most of people beating my scores and speeds.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I am loving this more I play it.  Took it online with a friend last night and had loads of fun.  Point to point highway races are superb fun, especially that really long one which takes you through the town and forest.

Superb game.  I can see the PGR comparisons now too.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Checked in last night, my lording is over. I'll be back.

I have 1690 ms points, not sure how much longer I can resist.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Birdorf wrote:
    Checked in last night, my lording is over. I'll be back. I have 1690 ms points, not sure how much longer I can resist.
    The rallying is brilliant.

For me it went exactly the same way as the main game, not a lot of love at first but the more time invested the more I love it.

I now have a new addition to my next gen wish list.
  • I finsihed the main game this weekend (still gottta hunt for 24 more signs to bash in, along with PR stunts) but other than that I may have to get my Rally on! I can't have anything more than a moderate NAT type... so I proper stuggle with getting in games as if 1 person is in a lobby with theirs set to strict, I can't join :( Theres nothing I can do about it either as my housemates are as nerdy as me and we have a lot of devices looking for the attention of the router.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Put your 360 in the DMZ, you'll be reet.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Plan M wrote:
    Am I correct in assuming we can't buy tuning setups that other people have created in this, like we can in previous Forza games?  I can't find the option anywhere. Do you guys auto tune or manual?

Don't confuse tune with buying new parts.

You can buy new parts. You can't infact tune cars at all.. (i.e. alter gear ratios, tyre pressures etc.).
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Plan M wrote:
    Am I correct in assuming we can't buy tuning setups that other people have created in this, like we can in previous Forza games?  I can't find the option anywhere. Do you guys auto tune or manual?
    Don't confuse tune with buying new parts. You can buy new parts. You can't infact tune cars at all.. (i.e. alter gear ratios, tyre pressures etc.).
    I'm gutted I can't tune the cars in Forza Horizon as I love tweaking an extra tenth here and there out of my cars.

In fact just having the data to hand shaved a massive amount of time off my lap when we had our Top Gear Cappuccino Lap Time challenge. By looking at the power graph I was able to see the optimum revs to change gear at...
  • Webbins wrote:
    Put your 360 in the DMZ, you'll be reet.

I'm confused, I only know DMZ as meaning "demilitarized zone" :(
  • Just had a little sexy google... have a rough understanding about this DMZ... I shall attempt to do it tonight! :D
  • I did it when a shitey Belkin router wouldn't play nicely, worked a treat.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I got told by my housemate that only 1 item can sit in the DMZ at once on the BT hub 3... booooo
  • I got told by my housemate that only 1 item can sit in the DMZ at once on the BT hub 3... booooo
    If that's gospel then have a look at PortForward and see if you get any joy, if not, move out.
  • Will do, going to try a few things this evening... if not I'm pooping on the kitchen floor and moving out!
  • NAT sorted... this game is awesome online.  Infection and King are a lot of fun too!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    NAT sorted... this game is awesome online.  Infection and King are a lot of fun too!
    I grabbed King within seconds of the start and never lost it for the whole game on one session though I have spent games where I haven't grabbed it once!

One tip for infected, if you stay stationary you will get kicked. I was backed up on a hill against an unbreakable fence and was looking around ready to move when any infected came towards me but it kicked me for inactivity even though I was moving my view point about, it would explain why the car hiding in a garage kept moving backwards and forwards!
  • Good to know as I've been fairly idle at points on Infected doing the same.  King is my favourite, especially on the more street like map with all the tight little routes.  Peoples retarded driving doesn't stand a chance when they need to take corners.

One thing I have learnt about Forza Horizon... people are shit at it online.  Even in race they crash EVERY SINGLE BEND, the biggest flaw in the game is they don't get punished for it with car damage.  I always go for a clean over take only to have people intentionally nudge when you pass. They don't seem to understand that unless you drive clean, you can't win.  Regardless, it's still a lot of fun... but when Grid 2 happens, this will never be played again :P

Gonna buy me the rally mode next :)
  • Dear B&B members,

I'd like to thank you for recommending this beautiful racer.

Kind Regards,

Plan M

(One of the best games I've played - would defo make my GOTY list too)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Plan M wrote:
    Dear B&B members, I'd like to thank you for recommending this beautiful racer. Kind Regards, Plan M (One of the best games I've played - would defo make my GOTY list too)
    It still has time, the GotY draw is tomorrow isn't it?
  • I'll pop in and have a look mate.
  • I've been reading reviews on the Rally mode and it's putting me off a bit. Everyone says iot's great but way over priced.  And tbh. I can buy Dirt 3 for less money, so...
  • I'm not too bothered about the rally DLC myself.  Loving this though, first time since PGR4 that a racer will make my GOTY.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    The Rally DLC is brilliant, the best thing is learning each track in Rivals and trying to perfect your times...
  • The Rally DLC is great, but every time I go to load it up I seem to get drawn to the main game. I end up spending an hour or so just driving round and taking photos.
  • I think I might wait until it has a price drop though.  The regular game is still amazing and I am happy bombing about online :)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Horizon (and the Rally DLC) has certainly changed my mind as to what racing games I want to see next gen.

I would love a central 'hub' like Horizon and then the DLC for what you want, whether it be grass-roots banger racing or F1.

I would however like to see them spend their licencing money on real circuits, it doesn't matter a jot whether my on-screen persona is wearing Button's helmet while racing Spa nor does it matter if my Honda has YUASA on the bonnet while I'm riding the crests and falls of Knockhill. They already have the cars handling well so I would be happy with them making their own open-wheel racer or go with a lower formula if you want to keep it real.

Seeing as the handling is already good I think that this is something that could work, especially if they are pushing for downloads. They could launch Forza: Racing for free which gives you a smallish central area (it doesn't even need to give you any competitions just a free roam) and then they could release the Rally pack, the StreetRace pack, the Sunday Banger Racing pack, the Touring Cars pack and so on with each pack adding a new area. With each new area there could be free-roam challenges where any car is eligible. This could encourage people to buy packs that wouldn't interest them.

Say you are into WRC but hate NASCAR, they could launch the NASCAR pack which opens up a 30sqm area that along with the NASCAR tracks features some awesome free-roam roads really suited to WRC cars. This is where your WRC fan thinks I'll get that because the roads there are so good plus somebody on his FL has created some custom timetrials that incorporate part of NASCAR'land.

If this was priced right I can't see it failing, I myself would probably end up buying every DLC pack just to open up a massive play area.

Also one more thing, with the added grunt of next gen I would like to see proper damage brought back in along with real world physics regarding the scenery, some things should break and some things should fuck up your car. I know that online damage may get people to use their brakes once they've overheated their first dozen cars through fucking up their radiators.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    This last PR stunt is proving to be a right bastard, arrrggghhhh!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Done it, yippee!
  • Have just come back to this having given it a break for a few weeks. I am now working my way towards the gold wristband and have also completed my first rally which I really enjoyed. This game is just wonderful and I've even warmed to the festival setting. Just give me a shot gun so that I can shoot the rivals in the face before they start talking and I'll be happy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!