Say you had to, could you choose one game per console?
‹ Previous1234
  • Really quiet at work today so stole this from Gaf as thought some of the answers were interesting, though many lists are similar. If you could only have one game for each console you've owned what would it be, and why? Remind you of a good time in life or just an awesome game?

NES -Super Mario Bros 3.

EAE22E82-6660-4050-83A4-E162583E2470.png

Just an awesome game, better than anything I'd ever played. And loved the Tanooki suit.

Runner up- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

SNES - Super Probotector

41E3D170-ED2D-458B-8702-95E95C97F63C.jpg

Played this just far too much. Awesome game. Co-op with my dad. Aces memories. Loved every second of it. The guns, sound FX, the looks, awesome.

Runner up- Zelda A Link to the past.The much better game really, but man those co-op memories.

PlayStation- Metal Gear Solid

2D181FB4-1366-4F1B-9A40-2689B2E8D015.jpg

Really snuck up on me, wasn't interested at all but man, hooked within minutes. Way beyond its time. Speed running at a mates house became almost a weekly thing.

Runner up- Resi 2. Very close...

N64 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

F94B081B-D3A0-484A-A5F8-9595408CC0E0.jpg

Christmas Day was taken away by this, sod the other gifts, keep your food, I'm not stepping away from this.

Runner up- Mario 64, mind blowing at the time for me. The absolute scope of it all...

Gamecube - Resident Evil 4

C139ECBD-50DA-4B53-A2D7-991FF26020CF.jpg

Don't think I've completed a game as many times. Again it was much more than I expected. Was so worried they'd changed an awesome formula, turned out to be one of if not the best 3rd person experience I've had.

Runner up- Eternal Darkness. Lots of choice here, but ED is such an awesome gem of a game, shame it's not got a sequel...yet.

DreamCast- Shenmue

9A6A1EAA-BA02-4883-9BE5-E6FBEF66B574.jpg

The most boring good game ever. Way ahead of its time in scope, and hardware capabilities. The combat system was ace though, and even the crap story pulled me in a bit.

Runner up-Jet Set Radio, fucking awesome game. This was a close call too.

Xbox - take a wild fucking guess...

D2DB8A4A-D899-4243-A3C5-E53EAB2E4843.jpg

Saved for ages and got about 4 launch games, took the day off college, didn't put anything else in the dust drive. Hall had everything. EVERYTHING I wanted in a game. The memories, co-op, MP, most played game for years until Halo 2.

Runner up-Halo 2 would be too easy, though it added online MP! So I'll go with Fable. Awesome game at the time. Did loads I'd not really seen or been interested in before.

PlayStation 2-MGS3

D04A6DA0-11A0-45FE-B4C8-57CE3AFD4E4E.jpg

Loved this game, eventually. Same crazy MGS but loved taking the gameplay systems into a different environment.

Runner up-Good few I can't really choose from DMC, Ico, Silent Hill 2.

Xbox 360 - Not very original but...

43EC12D8-584E-45E3-AA6A-AB9833E32817.jpg

Again just awesome. Pretty much exactly what I wanted. No Arbiter, just Chief times! The co-op, the MP took up so much of my life, fucking awesome times.

Runner Up- LOADS! Bioshock, Mass Effect, Red Dead, Dead Space, CoD 4, but I'll go with Gears, came kind of out of nowhere and took up so many Uni nights on MP, and tons of forum fun...and hate.

PS3 - Uncharted

C1DC2136-BDA0-4D57-A90A-19BC7F65E713.jpg

I'll be honest in saying I wasn't big on the PS3, but I did like Uncharted, a decent adventure with likeable characters. A good romp!

Wii-Super Mario Galaxy

C0C8CA6D-1738-49FB-AD4C-E4135F6E67CC.jpg

Ninty do it again, take Mario and put him in a different environment with much of the same systems and somehow make it work. Aces game.

Runner Up- Metroid Prime, took time but eventually loved it.

PS4 - Not played much on it but so far I'd have to say
    The Last of Us Remastered

14FDEA78-2B80-44C6-8812-7E5EEB920BD4.png

Great game, never played on PS3, but really emotionally involving!

Runner up- Until Dawn, rubbish but awesome game! Loved comparing results with everyone!

Xbox One- Destiny

91D87437-5A61-428B-B1D1-0D1BD867BD62.jpg

Simply never played a game so much. Regardless of what everybody else thinks I love it. Played nearly everyday for an age. It's got everything gameplay wise. And it's been fucking awesome with badgers. So many memories. And to be honest it still gets better all the time. Best game mechanics wise of all time for me.

Runner up-Alien Isolation, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Halo 5.
  • Top job Vere!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Top job Vere!

RECOGNITION!!! Thank you Matty!!!!!
  • My choices would entirely depend on if it included extra joypads and friends to play with, or not.

Solo:
    NES - super Mario bros
    SNES - super metroid
    N64 - Zelda ocarina of time
    Cube - prince of Persia Sands of time
    Xbox - fable
    Wii - Mario galaxy
    Ps3 - uncharted 2

With friends :
    Swap out the following
    N64 - wwf no mercy
    Cube - winning eleven 6 FE (PES basically)
    Wii - wii sports plus

Just picked for consoles I've owned...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Great post Cocha, 
    For me I'll start at SNES and go for consoles I've owned.

SNES - Secret of Mana. 
    Loved it, played it through several times and even now go back to the iOS version when  on long commutes.

N64 - GoldenEye.
    Played the multiplayer every morning with my brother and mates down the road without fail for two whole summer holidays from school. We played most evenings after school and I don't think I took the cart out of the console for nearly 6 months once.

PS1 - Metal Gear Solid. 
    Again, like Cocha I picked up a copy not expecting much and it's my most played game behind GoldenEye. The running length is perfect for speed runs and I Spent far too many nights just playing with the guards.

PS2 - GTA Vice City.
    The lights, the music, the sights , for me Vice City wasn't a game, it was a place.

DC- Shenmue !!
    Yes it was dull at parts, yes it was very long, yes it was quite slow but I didn't care. I didn't play the game, I lived in it.

GameCube - Luigis Mansion.
    I picked it up with the console and went back for another run through so many times. Such charm, so much character, many gameplay. Wow.

PS3- Singstar. 
    The one game I still play regularly thanks to my wife. Simple, easy to pick up and the one of the only games I still own on the console. Runner up points go to the Uncharted Trilogy.

Xbox 360- Dark Souls.
    Just because. Best game ever. 'Nuff said.

Xbox One - Destiny/Dark Souls 3
    Perfect tie here. Dark souls 3 is just brilliant, I'm going to play it through so many times I'm sure.
    Destiny because of the amount of hours spent with the Badgers, just the best fun on full badger raids!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • My choices would entirely depend on if it included extra joypads and friends to play with, or not.

Solo:
    NES - super Mario bros
    SNES - super metroid
    N64 - Zelda ocarina of time
    Cube - prince of Persia Sands of time
    Xbox - fable
    Wii - Mario galaxy
    Ps3 - uncharted 2

With friends :
    Swap out the following
    N64 - wwf no mercy
    Cube - winning eleven 6 FE (PES basically)
    Wii - wii sports plus

Just picked for consoles I've owned...

Yeah course dude, a few of mine are based a lot around the MP times.
  • Just realised I left out the Wii.
    I can't think of many games I would want to keep on it. The Wii was pretty forgettable for me
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Just realised I left out the Wii.
    I can't think of many games I would want to keep on it. The Wii was pretty forgettable for me

Was tough picking for that, same with PS3 as I did most of my gaming on the 360 and had it for exclusives. Totally forgot about Secret of Mana! Great shout!!
  • Realised I didn't give reasons why for each game, but basically I picked based on having all those games together to play from, so i mixed game types too, rather than just picking my outright fave /best game for each console. So a mix of greatness, memories and game type went into the consideration.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Really quiet at work today so stole this from Gaf 

Please don't do this again.
  • No pictures because phone and lazy but:

Gameboy - Tetris
    C64 - barbarian - I know it wasn't the best game by a stretch but me and a mate got so much mileage of it.
    Amiga - sensible soccer - any version, one button perfection. Turrican 2 is a very close second.
    Pc - football manager - since Champ manager, I dread to think of how much time got sunk here
    Megadrive - madden - similar to barbarian, a few of us just got crazy into this
    Snes - street fighter 2 - tight between this and Mario kart but for ages sf2 was the only game I had or needed.
    Saturn - Sega rally - just wonderful. Id hate to see how its ages so ill stick with the memories.
    N64 - goldeneye and Mario 64 are epics but it was wwf no mercy that got the most play time. Still fire it up on emulator.
    Ps2 - burnout 2 - arcade racer perfection. Pro evo 6 close second
    Xbox - as good as halo was, I was late to that party. Soul calibur 2 was probably my xbox game of choice.
    Ps3 - call of duty, several versions. Had great fun on all. Think mw3 was the last I played.
    360 - geometry wars 2. Think its the only game I got full achievements on by choice
    SFV - reddave360
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Gameboy - Tetris
    PC - Syndicate
    SNES - Super Metroid
    N64 - Super Mario 64
    PS2 - ICO
    Xbox - hahaha
    PS3 - I unno yet
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Spectrum - Chaos 
    Great turn-based game with friends!

hBpmDCGbmfqA1iAokwvDjls-1O7TK75_EiUTyEbh56Zh9w9mv-7Vh2Pzx4aWfxVqGvDu=h900

Gameboy - Super Mario Land

super-mario-land-gameboy-g-boy-006.jpg

Atari - Carrier Command

Eventually found and beat that enemy carrier!  Almost chose Dungeon Master here.

carriercommand.png

Amiga - Speedball 2

ICE CREAM!
    Best with friends.

tumblr_inline_mf8bqhOGi71r3ktb7.gif

PC - Unreal 3 arena

So much fun with mates, so many crazy user maps, i played with a Starscream mod.

mpu_q3arena_id1386843417_343178.jpg

Megadrive - Bare Knuckle 2

Great music, art and gameplay

3dsor3.jpg

Arcade - Street Fighter II Championship Edition

They had this machine at the local chippie in Archway, i spent many afternoons buying chips with a saveloy and playing this.  I eventually beat the guy who taught me.  I played Ken and Guile.

1178079880.jpg

Super Nintendo - Super Mario Kart

So many games with friends!  Awesome memories.  Felt slick, fast and fun.

super-mario-kart-02.png

N64 - Goldeneye

This ruled University in my shared house with mates.  Unlocked every secret, clocked on every setting, played the shit out of 4 player splitscreen.  I was the Baron or Moonraker Elite.

goldeneye-multiplayer.jpg

PS1 - Wipeout 2097

Played this with 2 consoles linked and 2 TVs with 2 sofas opposite each other at UNI.  At one point i was 14th in the world on the first track on the wipeoutzone leaderboards.

maxresdefault.jpg

Dreamcast - Ikaruga

Wasn't particularly good at it, but what a game.

cover.jpg

Xbox - Halo 2

All about online, didn't care much for campaign.

xbox_halo_2-110214.jpg

PS2 - Vice City

Fav GTA so far, just so colourful, ridiculous and bombastic.

actual_1358556114.jpg

Xbox 360 - Halo 3

So awesome it doesn't need a picture, favourite game of all time.
    Runner up would be Vanquish, i'm still sub-20 on the worldwide leaderboards on the 1st Challenge.

PS3 - yikes, wasn't a massive fan of anything here :(

Xbox One - Destiny

Discovering the Vault of Glass with mates FTW

10620013_662578647194859_2225267710092041681_o.jpg
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Awesome Billoire. Destiny Fo Life.
  • Amiga 500
    Lotus Turbo Challenge 2
    Loads of fun playing this with my brother back in the day. We still do the "extra time" and "turbo" voice at each other 20 odd years later.

Gameboy
    Tetris
    Probably the closest thing to a perfect game.

Gameboy Colour
    Pokemon Silver
    Love me some Pokemon. I think Gold/Silver had a good balance of Pokemon, before they got full retard with it. Having pretty much all of the previous game shoe horned in as well is crazy.

Mega Drive
    Streets of Rage 2
    Used to coop this all the time at a mate's house. There always 3 or 4 of us so we passed the pad on using a continue or beating a boss. Often turned to chaos as we sought revenge for the other player accidently hitting us.

N64
    Banjo-Kazooie
    Well it is top of my fave game ever list so it defaults onto every other list.
    Fun gameplay and charm by the bucket load, played through multiple times over the years and it still holds up.

PlayStation
    WWF SmackDown 2
    Not the most in depth gameplay but a crap ton of stuff to do. Felt like a wrestling toy box. Everything that happened on the show could be done in this game. Make a stable, go on a title run, jump off the top of the cell to put someone through a table, Last Ride through the top of the cell. Amazing fun.

Gamecube
    Smash Bros
    A true celebration of everything Nintendo, tight gameplay, loads to do in MP and SP. I don't think it has been bettered.

PlayStation 2
    GTA San Andreas
    There is a them running here.
    A shit ton of stuff to do for both good and bad. Getting fat then jet packing out of Area 51 to get back to your low rider bike for a drive by. Awesome.

Xbox
    Timesplitters 2
    Theme, shit tons of content again. A great shooter as well, such a shame Haze killed them off. Genuinely hilarious characters to play as and a really very good level editor for the time.

Skyrim
    Just awesome. Hadn't played any of the series before so was dubious but it ended up being one of my favourite games. A few of us at work got it at launch and would come in to work every morning and tell tales of our adventures.

PS3
    Fallout 3
    Got this really quite late on. Spent an entire Xmas break playing it non stop. Just totally immersed in the world. Nothing they have done has topped the VR side quest.

Xbone
    GTAV/O
    I've bought this game 4 times now! Absolutely love it. Going online with friends is great fun, don't play as much now but I doubt there will be a time when I'm fully bored of it.
  • Doing this quick since its early to bed before champ league final. 

Amiga Speedball 2
    Master System Sonic the Hedgehog 
    Megadrive Sonic 3
    Saturn Sega Rally
    Dreamcast Soul Calibur 
    SNES Super Metroid 
    N64 Goldeneye 
    GC Super Monkey Ball
    Wii Skyward Sword 
    Wii U Captain Toad 
    DS Chrono Trigger 
    3DS Fire Emblem Awakening 
    PSX Wipeout 2097
    PS2 MGS3 Subsistence 
    PS3 Pixeljunk Monsters
    PS4 TBC
    PSP Space Invaders Extreme 
    Vita Velocity 
    Xbox Oddworld Stranger 
    360 Rez HD

Not sure I like this list.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • No, I couldn't. Not for all the consoles I've played on, anyway.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Some consoles are very hard to wittle down to. I just went with gut feeling - 360 had so many games I loved.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Some consoles are very hard to wittle down to. I just went with gut feeling - 360 had so many games I loved.

Took me ages, especially with the 360 and PS2.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Typing using dodgy iPad so will expand on Monday on my PC

Commodore 64 :
    North & South

Nes:
    Faxanadu

Snes:
    Secret of Mana

Saturn:
    Sega Rally

PlayStation:
    Final Fantasy VI

N64:
    Ocarina of Time

Dreamcast:
    Skies of Arcadia

PS2:
    Timesplitters

Xbox:
    Halo: CE

Xbox 360:
    Street Fighter IV

Xbox One: 
    Destiny

PS4:
    ?

PC:
    World of Warcraft
  • Master System: Fantasy Zone 2
    Scrolling shooter that I used to complete over and over
    Runner up: Wonderboy in Monster Land

PC Engine: R-Type
    Couldn't get enough of R-Type at the time, and this was the best home version
    RU: Legendary Axe

Gameboy: Tetris
    Obviously
    RU: Ninja Gaiden

Megadrive: Shining Force 2
    Tough decision, but there was nothing else like this at the time
    RU: Devil Crash

SNES: Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Perfect game pretty much, and played it with friends more than anything else
    RU: Super Metroid

PS1: Final Fantasy VII
    Still one of the best RPGs ever, and at the time just miles ahead of everything else
    RU: Suikoden 2

N64: Mario 64
    One of the first proper 3D games, with so many ways to tackle levels
    RU: F-Zero X

GBA: Fire Emblem
    Still my favourite turn based strategy, and best version of FE I've played
    RU: Astro Boy

Gamecube: Super Monkey Ball
    Just great fun SP and MP
    RU: Ikaruga

XBox: Ninja Gaiden
    Best fighty game at the time by some distance, and a really good challenge
    RU: Halo

DS: Dragon Quest IX
    One of the other best RPGs ever
    RU: Disgaea

Wii: No More Heroes
    Clever and original, with one of the best soundtracks I've heard
    RU: Dead Space: Extraction

360: Dark Souls
    Because Dark Souls
    RU: Bayonetta

Vita: Persona 4 Golden
    I'm surprised how much I got into the relationship building stuff in this, but it's weirdly compelling
    RU: Everybody's Golf

PS4: Metal Gear Solid V
    Just an amazingly expansive game with so many ways to play that somehow all work together
    RU: Invisble Inc.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is this "if you could only have one from now on", or "if you could have only experienced one"?
  • PC - Civ 2
    Playstation - Vandal Hearts
    Xbox - Deus Ex IW
    PS2 - Ico
    360 - Gears of War Judgment
    PS3 - Uncharted 2
    Wii - Resident Evil 4
    PS4 - Destiny
    Xbone - Gears Ultimate
    Wii U - Mass Effect 3
  • Handhelds :

PSP: lumines
    DS: Chronic Trigger
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Is this "if you could only have one from now on", or "if you could have only experienced one"?
    This is an important question. Not that I reckon I'll be arsed with making a list myself.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Mega Drive: Sensi Soccer

Snes: Super Metroid

PC: Championship Manager 01/02

Saturn: Loaded

N64: Ocarina of Time

Gamecube: Metroid Prime

PS2: Burnout 3

360: Trials Evolution

PS3: Dunno, everything was a bit shit.

Wii U: MK8

PS4: The Golf Club
  • ZX Spectrum: Spellbound Dizzy
    Amstrad 64: 
    PC: Civ 2.
    Gameboy Colour: Pokemon Silver
    Megadrive: Micro Machines 2 Turbo Tournament '96.
    N64: Pokemon Stadium.
    Xbox: Halo
    Xbox 360: Halo 3
    3DS: Fire Emblem: Awakening
    Xbox One: Destiny
  • acemuzzy wrote:

Hmm, hadn't really thought of that particular question. I'll go with could only have experienced one, but that's mainly as mine were based just as much on the memories as much as the quality of that specific game.

• That changes things greatly.
  • Ill have a crack later.
  • It does? Man this has become complicated then. Oh well, I was making it just a favourite and putting my reasons. So do whatever you want really!
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!