Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    How long is Devastation supposed to be?  I've had it for a year and am about halfway through.
    How do you know you're halfway through if you don't know how long it is? Eh? EH?
    I can just tell.  I thought I was halfway through and as a thought leader, knew I was right.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Thought as much.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Did you.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I think so.
  • If the Watership Down reboot is shit I'll be forced to assume it's a conspiracy against me and my favourite childhood things.  That Cities of Gold game on 3DS was crap too.
  • if it has black and white vision mode and hunting i'm in
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    If the Watership Down reboot is shit I'll be forced to assume it's a conspiracy against me and my favourite childhood things.  That Cities of Gold game on 3DS was crap too.

There's a Mysterious Cities of Gold game on 3DS????????

Does it have the song?
  • I was looking forward to this, until now.  That's a pity.  I'll maybe stick it on the wish list and wait until it pops up in a sale.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    If the Watership Down reboot is shit I'll be forced to assume it's a conspiracy against me and my favourite childhood things.  That Cities of Gold game on 3DS was crap too.
    There's a Mysterious Cities of Gold game on 3DS???????? Does it have the song?

It doesn't have THE SONG, but it appears to have a re-recordered version of the song. 

I never played it, was put off at the last minute by reviews for this one too.
  • Looks like it's also on Steam, is cheap and has very low requirements...

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait. Based on the 2012 series. There was a 2012 series?
  • Last time I checked it hadn't been translated to English.  That was in 2012 though :)
  • played the first two chapters of this last night. i'd have to read some reviews to see why they hated it so much but i actually kind of enjoyed it... usual button combination stuff, couple of directional specials and chains launchers etc and a quite interesting block/parry mechanic. Bebop and Rocksteady boss fights were the highlights.

it's probably not worth the £38 i spent, but it feels like a solid 7+ so far.

I Can see why it doesn't have local coop, you've basically got free roam of the entire map and the turtles go off all over the place, 4 player split would probably kill my console.

It does seem low budget in some areas, the maps are a little plain and lots of gfx assets repeated (hello subway train graffiti) i guess getting Nolan North to voice Leonardo spanked the cash
  • This reminds me of the Star Fox Zero reviews.

We paid full price for Turtles in Time and Lylat Wars back in the day and they were just as short as this and SFZ.

We moan about wanting these games then don't buy them when they come around.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • i've read some reviews now, and the main gripe aside from some low budget stuff seems to be with the insanity of the brawling. all i can say is that i think most game reviewers seem to be shit at action games...

also this game is clearly designed to be played 4 player, lots of little things that would be great with 4 people.
  • I'll probably sit this one out, but considering most reviewers didn't get Vanquish at all i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't get this.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • Finished it last night, had a lot of fun. The only real gripe i can concur with from the reviews is the lack of stages and some of the aesthetic stuff. 

i think platinum made a valiant effort to translate their single player action formula to 4 player coop and bring back the old arcade brawlers of the 90s, and also make fairly interesting 'Japanese' take on the Ninja Turtles. Shame it will probably bomb due to reviews etc.

it loses points for not having any sort of local coop, though it would have only been possible through split screen, and the sheer number of bad guys on screen probably made that very hard to maintain some decent fps.

solid 7 for me, add in nostalgia glasses and 4 player coops and it goes up. should have been £25
  • Man, I want it. Sounds a bit like Anarchy Reigns which I loved. I woulda baggsied Mike if you hadn't so I guess I'll have Leo. Co op it with me Smang.
  • Anarchy Reigns was a budget release though.
  • Not for me - I imported it from Japan
  • Yes, but you're silly.
  • My box says MAX ANARCHY on it, I stand by my decision. Anyway stop trying to make a point I don't care about. Value is decided by the buyer.
  • Value is decided by the buyer.

Quoted for Trufax. 

I still have Transforrmers to play as part of my Platinum wankery. Will likely pick Turtles up in due course. Unlikely to do co-op cos kids/time/life.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • yeah man i'll play with you Nick! sorry about Mike but he's my nunchaku hero, it's why mine have orange rope! i would say maybe wait till it goes down in price a bit. £40 might be a bit hard to take.

it's got a few things in common with AR, especially if you played the online stuff. not quite as deep on a technical/combo level but the combat is heavily pushing towards teamwork, as such some things like a dodge roll don't exist (you have invincible block instead), and parries don't really give you enough time to retaliate - the rest of the turtles can take advantage though. there's no steaming off killing everyone by yourself! 

the turtles aren't overpowered unless TEAMWORK

hylian_elf wrote:
    Value is decided by the buyer.
    Quoted for Trufax.  I still have Transforrmers to play as part of my Platinum wankery. Will likely pick Turtles up in due course. Unlikely to do co-op cos kids/time/life.
    I'm not sure how much i can recommend TMNT single player. That said i kept feeling the urge to go back and play it after i stopped and punch some stuff.

Transformers is amazing. Not very often does something come along that feels so faithful to the source material but is also a fucking solid game too. awesome soundtrack as well.... it does that revengance thing where it builds during boss fights.

• The Boy is really into Turtles right now. He is playing, on his LeapPad, the worst pile of rubbish I have come across in my life. May have to buy Manhattan on my Bone or something so he can play/watch.
  • I'll probably follow suit shortly, it's edging closer to £15ish.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    The Boy is really into Turtles right now. He is playing, on his LeapPad, the worst pile of rubbish I have come across in my life. May have to buy Manhattan on my Bone or something so he can play/watch.

Set up the SNES with Turtles in Time.

The Arcade Game is also on XBLA and PSN.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'll probably follow suit shortly, it's edging closer to £15ish.
    It's £11.99 on the PS Store.
  • Boughted and played two levels with Boy watching. The half hour it took to download must've been the longest half hour of his life. He was so happy to see a proper Turtles game though.

Having played it a bit, I'm not sure why it got such bad reviews. Maybe it gets worse or more repetitive?
  • I played it for 5 mins just to see what it's all about.  I'd assumed there was no freedom to the stages, but was surprised to find an odd mix of beat 'em up and Jet Set Radio.  What I took from the reviews is that it's comparatively dull when compared to Platinum's best, and woefully short.  £11.99 though...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!