The Joy of CEX (and other brick 'n' mortar establishments)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A good indie is a delight.  There seem to be some in GB but there's fuck all in the way of that over here.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Local Game is shutting down apparently. Was only a matter of time.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Nooo
  • One less spreadsheet though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Heh. That was at my actual closest, and maybe now elf's closest too...
  • The guy in Game cheerfully tried to sell me an £85 download code for Lego 2k racing today
    The Forum Herald™
  • Isn't that the game that is basically laced with a criminal amount of DLC? We were warned what would happen with the Skyrim horse armour.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    The guy in Game cheerfully tried to sell me an £85 download code for Lego 2k racing today

I'm genuinely incredulous at this. What the fuck is the gaming world coming to?
  • Ventured into CEX today with a boxed N64. It caused quite the stir.

They gave me £100, which covered a good chunk of the cost of a 2nd hand V2 Switch. Hopefully now Nintendo will let me review their games.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A few N64s have popped up in my local CEX of late.

I have a "spare" Japanese one I should probably sell.... has a bridge adaptor to play US games with.

My primary JP-N64 is modded for RGB SCART and has the cart slot modded to accept US games. So really this backup one is just gathering dust.

Wifey bought me my PAL console so I'd never sell that one, or the PAL version of Bust-a-move 2 we played to death. :)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My Pal N64 is in box in the garage, with og bags around everything. It may come out on my 40th birthday but it is preserved for C to enjoy.

The JP N64 is perma hooked up to the 29 inch crt.
  • JonB wrote:
    Ventured into CEX today with a boxed N64. It caused quite the stir.

They gave me £100, which covered a good chunk of the cost of a 2nd hand V2 Switch. Hopefully now Nintendo will let me review their games.

You can buy a Switch from somewhere else than Syph’s Switch Emporium? I literally had no idea.
  • Heh. I gave my boxed launch N64 to the charity shop about a month ago.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Heh. I gave my boxed launch N64 to the charity shop about a month ago.

I'm right here my dude
  • g.man wrote:

Best place for it - like vernon kay
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    My Pal N64 is in box in the garage, with og bags around everything. It may come out on my 40th birthday but it is preserved for C to enjoy. The JP N64 is perma hooked up to the 29 inch crt.

I'm convinced my girls won't want my hoard. 
    I have started to think about starting to wind it down and gradually sell it off

Daughter #2 has claimed my Asteroids cabinet though that may change once the practicalities of housing a 300lb 6ft tall box kick in.
  • Well davy, when the day comes please consider me for your copy of Cannon Spike!

Although I hate to think what the going rate will be at that point!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Davy I’ll take your wank vinegars.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    g.man wrote:

I'm right here my dude
    Tbh if I’d had any time I’d have offered it up for free, but we were clearing the loft at my mum’s place prior to the new owners getting the keys, then I had to dash off to America, so a bunch of stuff like that went to the charity shop.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Davy I’ll take your wank vinegars.

Used or unused?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    jesus lads.....coffee down shirt etc.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    I'm right here my dude
    Tbh if I’d had any time I’d have offered it up for free, but we were clearing the loft at my mum’s place prior to the new owners getting the keys, then I had to dash off to America, so a bunch of stuff like that went to the charity shop.

Thing is - charity shops are wise now - and they will get a good price for it. So it's a good thing you did there.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Eric wrote:
    Well davy, when the day comes please consider me for your copy of Cannon Spike! Although I hate to think what the going rate will be at that point!

Indeed I will. If it wasn't a game I liked I'd sell it now.  Fact is my clear out several years ago pruned my collection back so what I have now I genuinely like.

My Wii collection still has bloat and is far too big but I'd get buttons for most of the games in it. That's what needs pruning first.

My SNES collection is something I hardly ever touch and it's the likely first candidate. But I keep getting cold feet thinking about it.  I think if I got JP CIB copies of SMW, YI, Pilotwings and F-Zero I'd likely flog the PAL games I have.  I already have CIB SFC versions of All Stars and SMK. Those are the games I really have a strong association with re those early SNES days. Was a great time for me personally.

One of the SNES regrets of the clear out was big box Super Metroid. But not too many other regrets re SNES.  But I knew I was never going to play it again.
  • GameStop shut up in Ireland recently. One of their stores was in a local, high rent shopping centre. A small chain bookstore has expanded into their vacant unit which kinda raised eyebrows but today, I was walking down Dublin's most expensive street for rent and spotted one of their stores which I'd never noticed before.
    It all just seems at odds with the way brick and mortar is going. AFAIK, they haven't expanded into new business like a coffee shop in the back or even into schoolbooks or magazines. Just good old fashioned books.
    Am I missing something or are they? I understand people like to browse bookshelves but going for high rent property doesn't seem like the best idea?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Could be the type of people the area attracts?
    Sunday afternoon moochers with money to spend, rather than people who want a specific book at a specific time so just get it online.

The small town near my parents is full of shops that unfathomably seem to keep going but a lot of people go there as something to do on the weekend.
  • Hmm, maybe. Can confirm the bloody area around centre is mental at weekends and the street is pedestrianised so definitely strollable. Just seems odd. Shrug.gif
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • I think there’s a shift starting with our town centres now though. Perhaps moving back from all ginormo corps and into hands of local or smaller scale retailers? The landlords will take whoever and perhaps at lower rents too? Towns and the small cities will find ways to re-use the spaces being freed up.
  • It was mentioned the other day but Halifax seems to have found its own groove or niche. Not quite a tourist destination but need to offer something that is closer to what the soul of the town was.
  • I’m in Bedford for a family wedding. Just been to the town centre. Full of charity shops and nice little coffee shops / cafe (unfortunately no specialty coffee). Couldn’t find any Folio books in the charity stores though :(
  • Hello Elf, you're just 15 minutes from where I am right now. I'm waving
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!