Pro Evolution Soccer (Shiny New Thread for 2016)
  • i.e. the numbers in brackets - do they refer to colours or styles?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's the colour- adjusting R G B
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Base design 2 on strips is the collar shape. Anything in brackets is RGB
  • As in custom colours? If so then that makes sense. And I assume then after making those adjustments that every other design (e.g. design 2, 3, 4) etc should be set to null if it has no RGB setting?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Is this with the imported strips or are you making your own from scratch ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    As in custom colours? If so then that makes sense. And I assume then after making those adjustments that every other design (e.g. design 2, 3, 4) etc should be set to null if it has no RGB setting?
    w

Yes, custom
    As long as you do the bits they've flagged up, the paste will take care of the rest.

And gaz, for custom strips aye
  • Reg, did it say London or ARSENAL in the commentary selection ?
  • Scored my first freekick last night, which I was pleased with. However it was with Ronaldo and he's scored something like 30 goals in 13 games for my myclub team. Now onto the "professional" level against the CPU and looking forward to not winning every game by 3-4 goals. Can't wait to play this against people in the flesh, reckon it'll be an all-round better experience.
  • In the flesh or online? None of my mates play pro evo
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    In the flesh or online? None of my mates play pro evo

Definitely in the flesh, online so far has been too laggy for me. And cutbacks are back in a big way. Got absolutely trounced by someone 5-2 who was 4-0 up at half-time with Real Madrid (I was Zenit) scoring the same goal - running down the wing with someone with stupid pace and passing across the box for Benzema to tap in. Harked back to the dark days of PES5/6 online.

Without people doing that and picking Barca/Real every game, it might be a lot more fun. Might try to wind people up tonight by picking rubbish teams and go ultra defensive and play for 0-0,1-0 although I'll be buggered by the shocking goalkeepers.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Reg, did it say London or ARSENAL in the commentary selection ?

London. Oddly every other London team has their own - probably because Tottenham etc are actual areas.

Shout out to East Kilbride being an option tho
  • Don't listen to Reg. You don't need to do anything other than import the image and paste it onto the strip.  If you'd like the colour shown in the box when selecting kits before a match to be close to the colour of the actual strip, make the base of the t-shirt a similar colour before pasting.

Ignore EVERYTHING else about the strips.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wot. I'm just going off what the pesworld readme file says.

What about names and number colours? That get sorted with paste?
  • Okay, sorry, you need to make the markings visible. But all your RGB stuff is pointless. Think about it; you're pasting an image over the top of the whole lot.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No, I had to sort the numbers and names out. Paste first, check the numbers are visible, if not change the colour. Piece of piss.

I'll be up for a few games on Friday, beware of my blimp cam punts over the top.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Okay, sorry, you need to make the markings visible. But all your RGB stuff is pointless. Think about it; you're pasting an image over the top of the whole lot.
    Image doesn't cover collars either which is what most of these are for.

Anything else to ignore? ;)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can't see collars in blimp cam.

Just knowing that they're wrong is pinging my OCD though. And the strip box on the team selection screen. And the colour of the flagsbeig waved in the crowd. Fuck it, I'll gladly spend another hour on this malarkey, it's a highly satisfying pursuit.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Seriously. Can see them on replays tho. Genuinely if I'm going to do this I'll do it proper like.
  • I just pasted image and they look fine. No messing with RGB's here either. I went through and capitalised all the teams last night too so Prem is all sorted now.

Has anyone bothered transferring players across yet or are they going to wait until the end of October? United having Di Maria and Falcao (although currently beneficial) feels wrong
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm waiting till Oct. I'm mad enough to paste pics of every manager in but I'm not that mad.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A lot of whining about the wait on the old interwebs. Fucking dweebs are saying that they shouldn't have brought the game out until the update was ready, can't see the logic in that.

This way by the time the update is out we'll have all the strips etc. sorted by old Daymo and his mob, ready to go full Master League without any wanky made up teams.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It came out early to pop fifa. In that sense it seems to have succeeded - loads more of my lots in school picked it up just cause it was out
  • Fucking hell so many posts about changing some stupid kits and stuff JUST BUY FIFA DAMMIT
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I lost to Sunderland 6-0 last night. The game was clearly cheating as the next two games I played were 1-0 wins vs Southampton and arsenal.
  • I hate it when the opposition suddenly becomes the best team in the world late in the game and you can't take the ball off them no matter how hard you try and then they score with a shit first time.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Thats what reset buttons are for. If the game cheats, so do I.
  • It used to be in PES the higher the difficulty the more the cpu would cheat, players inexplicably slowing down, terrible first touches gifting possession, last minute goals ( usually their first shot on target all game). I would counter this by playing possession football in my own penalty box for the last 15 minutes of the game passing between keeper and back 4 which was incredibly tedious. I must say I've not had to do this yet in this version but Vela's post worries me!
  • I would switch the cpu over to human control and score a few own goals, that made me feel better!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    I lost to Sunderland 6-0 last night. The game was clearly cheating as the next two games I played were 1-0 wins vs Southampton and arsenal.

Have you set them as your rival?
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I hate it when the opposition suddenly becomes the best team in the world late in the game and you can't take the ball off them no matter how hard you try and then they score with a shit first time.
    The 1 shot on target 1 goal thing is bugging me and the COM always scores the same type of goal (low drive from just inside the area into the bottom corner). I'm not too fussed if it's late in the game when they finally put together a few passes and make a chance, just if it's 1 from 1 or 2 from 2 that it gets frustrating

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!