6 - Chazmondo - 49
    7 - MistaTeaTime - 41
    8 - Paul The Sparky - 40
    9 - Engie Benjy - 34
    10 - illuminatatus 7
    11 - n0f4ce - 3
    12 - nrg dv8 - 2
    13 -stormyskies 1
  • Ooh I think my second place overall is looking very shaky.

This week's track is trickier to zero fault, should be fun chasing a good time though, I have a good 15 seconds or so to come off mine if I'm hoping to place this week.
  • Just the normal dragons peak yeah? There are a couple of variants.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yep, the normal one.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Actually I think I might be done with this. The pixel perfect wankery is getting me down.
  • This track is straight wang.

Im not complaining though as I havent even suggested a track for the whole comp although how about some nicer flowing tracks for the next few weeks?

I'll choose some if people like.
  • It looked OK on the video but I've got to admit I'm not taken with it either.  I think this might be the penultimate week....is that right DS?
  • I quite like it.  Can't do it mind, and I've only had half an hour on it so that opinion may well change.
  • I didn't realise there was an extra section at the end earlier, and punched the air during a near perfect run after jumping the gap after the steep incline near (but not quite at) the end, which resulted in my rider face planting into the next obstacle.  That'll teach me not to watch replays while I'm learning a track, or maybe to use the forbidden B button once in a while. 

Now that I've not played it for an hour or so I think maybe I quite like it.  It's a funny old game.
  • I completed the level and retried but the menu from the replay stayed on screen.

More interesting stories after the break.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I think this might be the penultimate week....is that right DS?

Yeah, this is week 11 so one track left after this.

three1ne can't be caught so he has first outright.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Cunt of a track, so many places where you can completely fuck a run. Check out my replay for top lols, it was a good run until disaster struck.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Forget about the replay, I set a time in the end. Still lost a couple of seconds when I almost beached it at the top of that waterfall.
  • Where's everyone placed roughly?  I'd rather not turn it on tonight, but might have to.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You're last, I'm third and there are a few still to put up proper times. I'd fancy all of you to beat mine to be honest, that waterfall rick was costly.
  • Im regularly 2secs up on my time by about check point 3, but only managed to carry through to the waterfall once, and then I fucked up on the next bit. Not sure I'm gonna have time to go any quicker.
  • No Spec Ops for me tonight then.
  • Just looked at the leaderboards for this track, and our competition placements.  With T_P currently in 1st this week, and 3 points ahead of me overall, realistically I'm niether going to catch him in final week, nor be caught by the chasing pack (being 14 points ahead of jdanielp), so I think I'll just settle for an hour on this tomorrow night.  I know this could be construed as 'extremely poor form old boy', but the knowledge that I don't really have to play this tonight feels like I've been given the all-clear from a serious illness. 

Spec Ops here I come.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    but the knowledge that I don't really have to play this tonight feels like I've been given the all-clear from a serious illness.  Spec Ops here I come.

lol, but I'm still looking the fuck over my shoulder!
  • I'll give it a good go tonight, try to get something decent.

Also, three1ne, as you can't be caught you might as well start thinking about your prize. I'm currently not skint so I'd prefer to order sooner rather than later. Amazon.co.uk, any game up to the value of £17.99. Second place gets the 800 points kindly donated by Chazmondo.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Trials' new trick seems to be not bothering to record times online - I set a 33.something on Thursday night which put me in 1st, but when I checked last night I was on a 35.something down in 5th. the fact that 4th was on a 32.something made little difference to my irritation, although now on 32.0 in 3rd!

as requested previously, can we try and pick next week's track promptly please, even this evening if possible? I'll have tonight and tommorrow to play it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I'll give it a good go tonight, try to get something decent. Also, three1ne, as you can't be caught you might as well start thinking about your prize. I'm currently not skint so I'd prefer to order sooner rather than later. Amazon.co.uk, any game up to the value of £17.99. Second place gets the 800 points kindly donated by Chazmondo.

Ohh, nice one ta. I believe I said I'd donate a prize this season too. Still happy to do that or if its all covered I'll defo donate for the next season.

I'll take a look over at Amazon now.

I'll also take a look at some possibilities for next week's track.

• equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    quite liking the first one as a therapeutically 'easy' one to finish off with, although I'd be happy with the second; the third is a bit too dark for my liking to begin with and looks far more difficult, which means I don't suppose I'd have time to do it justice, but whatever everyone else is happy with really...
  • Think I agree with everything you said there.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I'm guessing that t_p will be wanting the last one just to be awkward as usual :P
  • jdanielp wrote:
    I'm guessing that t_p will be wanting the last one just to be awkward as usual :P

I've not even looked at them yet but I want the last one :)
  • * Okay first one is a bit long, but otherwise not bad, I think there may be relatively long portions that are "too easy to nail". 
    * Still quite like the middle one, probably might waste quite a bit of time trying different routes, not sure if that is a good or bad thing (though probably bad for jdp if a good route is found after Tuesday night)
    * Third one would definitely induce more colourful language, and would separate the trials men from the trials boys. 

In summary I'm not offended by any of these tracks, think the first one might be a bit boring after a few runs.

tp
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Top one for me, the middle one looks pony and the bottom one looks unpossible. The fact that even the guy with a top time clipped an exploding barrel in his video doesn't fill me with confidence.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    The fact that even the guy with a top time clipped an exploding barrel in his video doesn't fill me with confidence.

yeah, that starts to suggest possible Woods Run levels of luck involved in getting enough updraft from the exploding barrel to carry up to the next bit of track as opposed to exploding spectacularly with expletives, which I was doing last night when I found out that Trials hadn't recorded my previous time!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!