adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    So, turns out the original Donkey Kong is quite good???
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Put about 3 hours into this Octopath demo and it's fucking terrible shit. Reams of awful dialogue, some of it in appalling ye olde English; some mawkish sentimental bit of story; more endless drivel dialogue; random fucking battles a la FF7; 30-year-old line up in front of enemy and take turns type battles where you can't tell how long it's going to take or how much life an enemy has left; more stupid random battles. And a final endless fucking battle against some thing that just kept going and going with no kind of indication of whether it was going to take 5 more minutes or the rest of my life. It has nice graphics.
  • Opinion unclear. Did you like it?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    In there first day obviously.
  • Thx for the clarification.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I await someone opining that it's a great example of whatever shit it's supposed to be.
  • Opinion unclear. Did you like it?

Well he did play it for 3 hours so must’ve liked it!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Opinion unclear. Did you like it?

That does that doesn’t mean anything. I’ve put 300+ hours into Skyrim which is a giant pile of horse shit.
  • @ERE

Donkey Kong is great. I have very little experience with the game outside of the game and watch version, but it's perfect for high score chasing.

Don't bother going for top rank though. Wes Copeland ha that spot.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Opinion unclear. Did you like it?

That does that doesn’t mean anything. I’ve put 300+ hours into Skyrim which is a giant pile of horse shit.

You’re breaking my heart here, Cinty.
    Get schwifty.
  • He's right, though; it's an awful game.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    :(
    Get schwifty.
  • I'm still loving it Raiziel.

It's amazing. It's so amazing that you can find new and fresh things to do even after all this time.

Did a misc quest last night that, after some pretty tough combat with a mega creepy crawly thing, granted me a 10% health spell perk after exploring some more after the quest finished. A lot of the really good stuff is hidden away.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    o/
    Get schwifty.
  • Sounds nice. I may very well give it a try at some point. If Cinty can put up with 300 hours so can I.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I was playing it just last night, the world building is great, even if their ambition far, far outreaches their budget. Stick it on easy and it's a fun adventure romp around fantasy land, bopping wolves on the head with maces.

But if you can't see that, as a game, it's an outdated, broken mess, then there's something sorely lacking in your critical analysis.
  • Kow wrote:
    Put about 3 hours into this Octopath demo and it's fucking terrible shit. Reams of awful dialogue, some of it in appalling ye olde English; some mawkish sentimental bit of story; more endless drivel dialogue; random fucking battles a la FF7; 30-year-old line up in front of enemy and take turns type battles where you can't tell how long it's going to take or how much life an enemy has left; more stupid random battles. And a final endless fucking battle against some thing that just kept going and going with no kind of indication of whether it was going to take 5 more minutes or the rest of my life. It has nice graphics.
    Much better than my analysis after playing the first demo of “its shit”
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • \o
    The Forum Herald™
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    I was playing it just last night, the world building is great, even if their ambition far, far outreaches their budget. Stick it on easy and it's a fun adventure romp around fantasy land, bopping wolves on the head with maces.

But if you can't see that, as a game, it's an outdated, broken mess, then there's something sorely lacking in your critical analysis.

I’m fully aware of Skyrim’s faults, and I’ve never denied they exist. But I have an emotional reaction to Skyrim and Oblivion before it. I have always had my head in the clouds, and here were these games that let me explore a fantasy world in first person. In a small way they fulfill the dreams of my youth, and for that I can forgive them their faults.
    Get schwifty.
  • Besides.. outdated possibly although I'd argue it looks sweet in the Special Edition on PS4 Pro.. I don't really like melee combat but I always go archer/spell casting/thief so it doesn't matter.

That I can play on handheld is even sweeter on Switch.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Captain Toad demo now out on Japanese eShop. Couple hundred meg only. Three levels.

Sweet!
  • An utterly charming game. Until the final level where it does the equivalent of rope a dope to the player.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Well that was a fun little distraction for twenty minutes. Can see myself enjoying it. Good that it's coming with a lower RRP, for first party Nintendo at least.
  • Vela wrote:
    An utterly charming game. Until the final level where it does the equivalent of rope a dope to the player.

The
    Spoiler:
  • We have a new EShop winnar.  Flashback - pretty much the original game, mind - takes the biscuit at £17.99.  Hello yes you may call me Con.
  • I'll pick that up in a sale, just sold my SNES version for £30.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    An utterly charming game. Until the final level where it does the equivalent of rope a dope to the player.
    The
    Spoiler:

Yes.
  • I bid the game a fond farewell at that point, I'd already seen the credits and it looked like a bit of an undertaking.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Being able to continue from the Octopath Traveler demo, on a retail copy...
    I'm guessing that's been done before, but where can I find examples?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Mafia 3, Yakuza 6 and Prey spring to mind

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!