E3 HYPE TRAIN 2015 EX HYPER FIGHTING EDITION
  • Have they lost the third party support again?
  • adored wrote:
    Have they lost the third party support again?

They haven't had it since about 1996 have they?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    adored wrote:
    This is a very disappointing thread to wake up to compared to yesterday.

21 unread posts.

1419128130856_zpsid3u0hmf.gif
  • Still trying to catch up on everything. First E3 I've missed in years and it had to be this one.

Uncharted and Star Wars sure brought the visual wows. Liked the look of Rare's pirate thing and that knight sword fighting game looked like fun. The robosaurus thing from the Killzone lot looked good too.

The Biggest Disappointment Despite Already Low Expectations award goes to Halo 5. 343 really don't have the first bloody clue.

tLG's my fav so far.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Hololens could be absolutely huge outside of games. Prototyping and visualising could be turned on it's head.
  • Hololens could be absolutely huge outside of games. Prototyping and visualising could be turned on it's head.

It's proper amazing.

Pretty much Tony Starks set up, just wearing specs.

inzrv6fxocufej243ckc.gif

Been burned before (E3 Kinect vs reality Kinect) so holding off until I actually try it, but even so - damn!
  • If nothing else it is on the path to it. I think it has a lot more industry use than VR.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Definetely, CAD and GIS shops would lap this up. I have a huge wind farm project that would be magical to see laid out on a table like they did with Minecraft.
    Things can only get better.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hasn't this tech been around for years? I remember being wowed by 3ds AR cards in the same fashion. Just seems like a logical advance to stick it in a vr headset.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Accuracy and fidelity looked to have improved vastly, plus tininess of components to fit into a headset.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yeah AR always kinda glitches around a bit, this looks much more stable, plus more easily viewable. There didn't appear to be any ugly QR codes either so it will be interesting to see how it maps the real world and places objects.
  • People saying kinect is dead. Simultaneously people say hololens is amazing. What is tracking the world in wonder?!

Kind of funny.

• It wasn't just Minecraft that got the Hololens treatment:  http://www.usgamer.net/articles/astonished-by-the-halo-5-guardians-hololens-demo

Some kind of canned, table-based tech demo... but it seems like MS are pulling in all their big IPs to do some kind of hololens thingy?

But then again, thinking back to kinect (and stuff like SmartGlass and Illumiroom as well), they've always pulled in interesting tech demos, so the jury's still out IMHO.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    JRPC wrote:

The Biggest Disappointment Despite Already Low Expectations award goes to Halo 5. 343 really don't have the first bloody clue.

tLG's my fav so far.

Curious as to why? As a Halo fan I thought it looked awesome.

The way their respecting the lore and bringing in fan favourites, Warzone too looked ace.

I assume this ties more into your anti xbox stance?

• Kinect never really worked though. Plus no one wants to wave their arms about like a cunt.

It looks like it will better mimic what people already do at a desktop. Playing with Lego/minecraft, board games, architectural models, prototyping. I see it as much more of a viewing tool than an input device like Kinect.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    People saying kinect is dead. Simultaneously people say hololens is amazing. What is tracking the world in wonder?! Kind of funny.

Agree with that. Kinect 2 is a remarkable bit of kit.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • WorKid wrote:
    Lego? Tell me more.

Just putting it out there as a potential use, not seen anything.
  • I have to be honest and say I thought the Halo SP demo was very disappointing. There. Boom.

343 appear to be going down the linear, scripted path, CoD style follow the leader route, like they did with the last game, which wasn't what made earlier Halo games so good, and one of the many reasons Halo 4 just doesn't cut it. 

I didn't see any opportunity for imaginative and thoughtful play in that demo; just move through a level shooting stuff until the next checkpoint.  

I didn't see any evidence of emergent chaos and clever AI, nor any alternate paths or vehicular hilarity. That bit where the guy fell off the ledge and nearly dropped but saved himself at the last minute had me rolling my eyes. How many times have we seen this shit in shooters of late?

Halo just ain't Halo any more.

I'm sure it'll be a great shooter, but the chances of it ever reaching Halo 3's dizzying heights are slim indeed.

Here's hoping Warzone is something else...
  • The Biggest Disappointment Despite Already Low Expectations award goes to Halo 5. 343 really don't have the first bloody clue. tLG's my fav so far.
    Curious as to why? As a Halo fan I thought it looked awesome. The way their respecting the lore and bringing in fan favourites, Warzone too looked ace. I assume this ties more into your anti xbox stance? 

More the other way around. Have hated every single thing 343 have done with my favourite game since they took over.

Halo 5 demo made it look a hell of a lot like Halo 4 - not a good sign as far as I'm concerned. If that's the best wizz-bang level they could muster for the big E3 reveal then they're in trouble. Again.

Who the hell wants to play as Spartan Locke anyway? Give us the bloody Chief! 

It's saving grace was having Fillion back. Would have much preferred the full old ODST team back to chase down the Chief. That I could have got behind. Not this though. Not this.

Keep clinging on if you like, but deep down you know Halo's already dead.
  • The bit of the campaign they showed looked boring as fuck. I don't know how that can still excite anyone.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So, apart from Hololens, which looks amazing and that minecraft thing will sell millions if they price it right, what else have MS got to offer?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mainly Hololens.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • JonB wrote:
    The bit of the campaign they showed looked boring as fuck. I don't know how that can still excite anyone.

Yeah exactly - and who's even talking about it? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Didn't even make EGs MS conference list!

A far cry indeed from the glorious H2 E3 reveal.
  • Yeah it really was an awful showing.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Mainly Hololens.

Mmmm
  • I assume this ties more into your anti xbox stance?
    This would've been tragic whoever it was aimed at, but J2 is still a proper Halo fanboy. Get over yourself 'nana, anti Xbox stance my arse .

• Hololens looks clever, but it's a hell of a tough sell, especially from a company with such a poor recent history of supporting thinking through peripherals.
  • Boom. There it is. And noxy nowhere to be seen...
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!