The Walking Dead - A videogame by Monkey Island and Gary "I wrote the script for Akira" Whitta
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Olimite wrote:
    Never really liked those characters, so I'm hoping it's someone else.
    I didn't like them at first but they were 100% behind me during the final chapter and they put themselves out to help, I respected that and I also respected the fact that they genuinely cared for Clementine and would do there best to cherish and protect her.

I'm still not sure whether I want series 2 to be based around Clementine or not, I certainly don't want to be controlling her but I don't really want another strong character to magically appear and fill Lee's boots, it sort of seems too far-fetched if you get my drift?
  • Best story, yes. Best gameplay, best control, best graphics, best presentation etc., no. Best game? Depends which are more important.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Olimite wrote:
    Never really liked those characters, so I'm hoping it's someone else.
    I didn't like them at first but they were 100% behind me during the final chapter and they put themselves out to help, I respected that and I also respected the fact that they genuinely cared for Clementine and would do there best to cherish and protect her.

I'm still not sure whether I want series 2 to be based around Clementine or not, I certainly don't want to be controlling her but I don't really want another strong character to magically appear and fill Lee's boots, it sort of seems too far-fetched if you get my drift?

depends on where its set. There are clearly a lot of strong people in that world.
  • I only saw a couple of bugs, and I didn't really give a shit as the game was amazeballs.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • JMW wrote:
    Best story, yes. Best gameplay, best control, best graphics, best presentation etc., no. Best game? Depends which are more important.

Not to cross pollinate threads, but surely the same stuff can be used against Journey?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I don't think there's been anything this year you could say was a slam dunk GOTY. They're all compromised, and very different.

Except FTL of course, you eeejits.
  • @MJ - Not really, you just presumably mean the amount of difference you can make. Journey's implementation, look, etc. was flawless.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    But it's a PC game, instantly ruling it out of everything.

Yes, I'm kidding.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    FTL? It's a top down 2D affair. It'd run on very modest hardware.
  • JMW wrote:
    @MJ - Not really, you just presumably mean the amount of difference you can make. Journey's implementation, look, etc. was flawless.

Nope. Story, characters etc missing from it, but it didn't matter as the experience is what you played for. The few bugs and things this don't matter as the overall experience of the characters is what is important.
  • I can't give anything in TWD, apart from the story and emotional attachment, more than about a 6. Yes they're important, which is why it's in my top 5, but it's not everything - otherwise you're getting close to it being no different than watching a TV series.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Don't forget the valve puzzle!

valve puzzle. sheesh.
  • Just finished the game.  Thoroughly enjoyed it but would agree it was more story then game.  Do any of the choices actually make a difference? 
    Spoiler:
    I'll be looking forward to what they do with season 2.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    If you don't take the food
    Spoiler:
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Nope, nothing changes nothing from I have gleaned...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Speaking of which
    Spoiler:
  • @n0face: 
    Spoiler:

@mod74:
    Spoiler:
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, yes. I guess that could make sense. I assumed it was a kiddie radio tuned as pairs.
  • Nah it looks fairly grown up, but Clem has put stickers on it.
  • Clem knows the score, literally.
  • Spoiler:
  • I'd like to say the guy came to the wrong conculsion, but really its a little bit broke.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Aaahhh, did not know that was forced upon you, my bad. I just took it, cause you know zombie apocalypse an all.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Heh, take that Tempest.
  • You're all morally reprehensible but I knew that anyway it's why I love you all xoxo
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Mod74 wrote:
    Spoiler:
    haha!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Finished it this afternoon, think that now, while Bas is home and we had some dinner, I might be able to talk about it. What a great game, I was actually pretty tired at the end (played half of ep4, and ep5 in one sitting) and am glad it all has come to an end. For me at least. 
    Spoiler:

Think that turned out to be quite the big post, but it feels like so much has happened in those 13 hours (according to steam) and Bas isn't interested in hearing my stories!
  • Sorry, could you repeat that please?*

*joke only applies if you imagine it's a spoken post. 

(Icarus cards posted yesterday)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!