CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Two stats. The ARC scaling only comes into effect if you gem it and change the attack type from standard to Fire/Bolt/Arcane.
  • Ah no wonder it didn't go up when I recently added a level to ARC.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Where did you get the Rosmarinus? I could just look up the guide I guess...

Fuck sake. Looks like I missed an item. And it's all the way in the upper cathedral ward. No matter. Should take no time to get there, right? Just dispatched Gascoigne. Gave up on trying to do the fence glitch to get to Woods early.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Its been patched out.
  • Pthumerian queen is actually slightly harder than I was anticipating. She has an attack where she causes spears to come out of the ground, and I don't quite have the timing down. If I miss the first one, it's about 50/50 that she'll kill me. I decided not to hammer it yesterday because it was late and I needed to sleep, so I'm hoping she's not a road block. Otherwise, I should platinum this over the weekend.
  • Ugh, getting one shotted by bosses in the defiled chalice is nae fun. 

It's good in the way that it compels the player to learn their patterns really well in order to win... but I've had a long meh day, and I'm really not in the mood for it.

I'll be back though... and I shall gain satisfaction.. vile beasts.
  • Having trouble with Shadow of Yarnham on NG++. Anyone around to co op? I'm level 140 though!!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I can help once i've re-adjusted my brain from Dark Souls.
  • Cool cheers. I'll be on on and off today.
  • I seem to have Internet issues. I'll keep trying to kill it on my own or get a decent connection going. Been disappointed with my Virgin net recently.
  • On the third boss now.....I'll be glad when this dungeon is done and I get my full length health bar back.
  • I got the Pthumerian Queen trophy yesterday, so yay.
  • Fair play voices, you must be honing in on dat platinum so.

Got him on my 4th try. Not as bad as I was expecting tbh. Think I'll go back to my new bloodtinge char for a bit - these chalice dungeons can start to feel like a bit of a chore when you do three/four back to back.
  • I think the dog boss in the defiled chalice is the hardest boss on the way to the Queen's trophy, but the other bosses between that and the Queen aren't easy either (excluding the first 2 bosses in the Greater Isz dungeon, but I'm not sure if you definitely need to do those before opening up the level 5 Pthumerian one). 

I need to play with a guide to get the platinum as I'm missing some basic stuff.
  • First chalice boss that I've had to hit more than 4 or 5 times! Enemies starting to need more than one hit too. 

For Arcane Haze Extractor. Guessing it'll come in useful at some point.
  • Yep, you need it to get the materials for the level 4 and 5 dungeons.
  • Wow undead giant in lower pthumurian, fuck you
  • Oh man, just you wait!
  • voices wrote:
    I think the dog boss in the defiled chalice is the hardest boss on the way to the Queen's trophy, but the other bosses between that and the Queen aren't easy either (excluding the first 2 bosses in the Greater Isz dungeon, but I'm not sure if you definitely need to do those before opening up the level 5 Pthumerian one).  I need to play with a guide to get the platinum as I'm missing some basic stuff.

Yeah the dog was pretty bad but the headless bloodletting thing that I've just (finally) dispatched was much, much worse for me.

If Ps4 controllers were a bit cheaper this one would've learned how to fly on a couple of occassions tonight.
  • They're all pretty bad. Even the Pthumerian Descendant is hard when he has the twin blades.
  • Yeah, throwing his blades through the stone pillars? 

It's just not cricket Miyazaki-san.
  • Just barely got the Queen (bit of a Fool's Idol knock off) first try. 

No more chalice dungeoning for me for a while now methinks, Yay.
  • Nice one. I've just treated myself to an arcane buffed rifle spear, which has completely broken the game.
  • Don't think I've ever used it. Will try next Blood session.
  • You'll need some decent +arcane damage gems to get the best out of it. Shooting for about 1000 at the moment.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Encountered my first Arcane Spear invader on Saturday. I was only SL50, so fair play to him for gathering all the required gems at that sorta level, but it's still cheap as fuck - he one-shotted both my companions, but i gave him a right old run around Cainhurst, which ended up with me on the other side of the Evelyn table and him just out of firing range. I assume he didn't wanna climb over because i could've charged up an R2 ready for his landing. Anyway, long story short, i got bored of the waiting, emoting, and constant shrill ghost screaming, so i hopped back over and let him have his cheese.
  • Sounds fairly broken (and annoying re: PvP) alright. 

Likely to get an uber-nerf soon, you'd think.
  • If a boss can be relatively easily stunned then the arcane spear makes them completely trivial. It really needs to be patched, because it would be even stupider in pvp. 

It's fair game if they come into my world though. That thing is coming straight out.
  • Curtis wrote:
    Encountered my first Arcane Spear invader on Saturday. I was only SL50, so fair play to him for gathering all the required gems at that sorta level, but it's still cheap as fuck - he one-shotted both my companions, but i gave him a right old run around Cainhurst, which ended up with me on the other side of the Evelyn table and him just out of firing range. I assume he didn't wanna climb over because i could've charged up an R2 ready for his landing. Anyway, long story short, i got bored of the waiting, emoting, and constant shrill ghost screaming, so i hopped back over and let him have his cheese.

I'm surprised he couldn't shoot you over the table.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    That table is pretty wide. lol! He tried repeatedly, but i kept side-stepping and only getting hit by the very outer edges of the cone shaped bullet spray. Lag helped. 

Anyway, lets all agree its broken, and now the internet is rife with Youtube vids of it, From will address the issue soon enough.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!