Bloodborne, the spoiler thread.
  • while watching the walkthrough i was thinking - the world owes zbrush so much
  • Interiors and the Hunters Garden look fantastic in those screenshots. 
    A lot of the large scape exteriors look bad, let me be clear, i mean the large vista shots. 
    Mostly because the artists have subscribed to the, correct, drawing theory that things in the distance get lighter. Well they don't when it's dark, schoolboy error.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    He dies.

I was kinda right. Well, I chose to die and reawaken. 

But I didn't even know I was choosing the ending. I thought I was choosing to go to the next bit or something. Cod I didn't get the feeling that I had just done the last section or the last boss. Really, that was so abrupt and such an anti-climax. 

I'm sure there's a tonne more to do and see. And in fact I had a small list of stuff to do before the end game. So disappointed. For this reason alone, the game is no Dark Souls.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I loved the ending, the fight is incredible and one of the stand outs of the series. It felt like the end game for me when you hit the Nightmares, especially Mensis.

Can see why it'd feel a bit bad if you wanted to mop stuff up though.
  • No, I didn't fight the real last boss. I did Mergo then went to Dream and chose first option with Gherman thinking it takes me to next section. But game then ended with a 5 second cutscene. 

Now I have to play all through again knowing not to go to Gherman then.

I'm gonna continue to avoid this thread in the meantime....
  • Well. I'm assuming it wasn't the real last boss.
  • I also gotta find out how to turn. Never once did I turn. Surely I'm a werewolf?!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You can't 'turn' fully, at least that's the thinking currently. Smacks of them having an idea but not being to able to implement it either in time, or well.
  • I think he is already turned after the transfusion at the start, maybe.
    Like he's part beast.

I don't think a full transformation is possible.

Look closely at his hand after a visceral attack and you can see its altered and changes back.

Many npcs can tell your a 'hunter' by your smell.

The story kicks off during 'the hunt' and everyone seems to be attacking you.

You regain health by doing damage to enemies who let out lots of blood that restock you slightly.

There's also vials of blood to restock you that enemies drop but there's no explanation yet why the enemy's are carrying them, maybe to attract the beast/s?

Trading in this blood makes you more powerful.
    (reaching here I know but I think that still connects somehow).

There's more I can't actually think of right now.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    No, I didn't fight the real last boss. I did Mergo then went to Dream and chose first option with Gherman thinking it takes me to next section. But game then ended with a 5 second cutscene. 

Now I have to play all through again knowing not to go to Gherman then.

I'm gonna continue to avoid this thread in the meantime....

Handy tip is to make sure you have your cloud data uploaded.
    Then if you go further than you intended or want to make a diffrent choice you can just download your cloud data and carry on from that point.

I intend to do that for all 3 endings.
  • Fuck, I had a cloud save from just before I started playing last night. And after I finished I put it in rest mods. Bollocks. 

Still, I don't mind whizzing through again. Just gonna skip optional bosses that I've already beaten and take short routes or whatever. Well, need to get that key after (maybe even during?) the Micholas or whatever his name is fight. I'm guessing it opens locked door at top of that place next to Oeden Chapel.
  • Has anyone used a Iosefka's Blood Vial? I found one on her after I killed her (I'm assuming that was her in the clinic!), but haven't used it. You can only have one at any given time in storage or on you, and I found another in the chest near the weeping ghost woman who lost her child (just before Wet Nurse) but couldn't take it.

Does it do anything special? Just wondering why you can only have one!
  • She gives out a limited supply of them if you keep going back. Once she runs out, she then offers the clinic as one of your 'safe place' options, could be to do with that.
  • You can only have one available for use at a time, if you use it though you can get another from her.
    After you do this you get some extra dialogue With her.
    The prostitute woman does this too, as does the nun.
    You can only have one or the other though from nun and prostitute.
    Nuns fills your health fast over time so it can easily fill you full and allow you to make blood bullets and still fill to the top.
  • She gives out a limited supply of them if you keep going back. Once she runs out, she then offers the clinic as one of your 'safe place' options, could be to do with that.

Hmmm. She offered clinic as safe place without me really getting anything from her. Maybe it's cos I only spoke to her much later in the game.

I sent back guy from top of windmill to clinic. But only after I killed her (oops, eh?). So didn't see him there and didn't go back to check windmill.
  • Well I'm not getting there anytime quick. NG+ is tough!!! Even with a fucking +9 Ludwig sword and over 30 on STR and SKL!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    She gives out a limited supply of them if you keep going back. Once she runs out, she then offers the clinic as one of your 'safe place' options, could be to do with that.

Hmmm. She offered clinic as safe place without me really getting anything from her. Maybe it's cos I only spoke to her much later in the game.

I sent back guy from top of windmill to clinic. But only after I killed her (oops, eh?). So didn't see him there and didn't go back to check windmill.

The guy who's eating the dead body's when you find him.
    Hit him a few times for a surprise, when you find him.
  • So I can see the great one giant things already in NG+. Interesting.
  • Just made my way to FCC. So fucking cool, I love this game.

• Now that I've finished it I can look at interesting but spoilery stuff like this ^.
  • I can hear that baby crying still WHAT THE FUCK FROM STOP FUCKING WITH MY HEAD
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Well, need to get that key after (maybe even during?) the Micholas or whatever his name is fight. I'm guessing it opens locked door at top of that place next to Oeden Chapel.
    Spoiler:
  • Oh ok. I did think the description was a bit fudgy.

Ant wait to get back deep. Currently at Oeden chapel. Gonna help crow woman then it's time for Amelia. Bought the emblem as I don't wanna do OY and BSB yet. Will take
    Spoiler:
  • ziuytlsou4havnsl5tn7.jpg
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Getting me horny that is.
  • The cannon is great fun. My character basically becomes Megatron when I use it... well if he were low on energon and could only manage two shots from his fusion cannon.

I desperately need some chunks to beef it (and a few other sweet weapons) up - it's +5 atm - even more.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You can get four shots from a cannon of you use blood. Bullets wisely. Always use bone ash on it too.
  • My cannon is only +3. Even with ash, it didn't do much on Amelia. What I did use was an urn followed by cocktails whilst she is far and I'm waiting for her to do jump so I can buttfuck her. Wasted my fire paper on the bitch.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Mine's +9. Insane damage, even on NG+
  • @elf, Bolt paper really messed her up for me (not NG+ mind). 

Four shots with the cannon? 'Getting me horny that is' - qoute the elf.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!