Comfort zone gaming
  • Roujin wrote:
    This announcement coming just days after your declaration that you can now bait AI Gill in 3rd Strike.

See, I've beaten the challenge already. Gill-beating is out of most people's comfyzones.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Got a few words in with the director of Alien Iso on Saturday and he cites Dead Space (the first) as a solid influence on their game.

What goes around comes around.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • So as promised I tried Demons Souls today. Only got in a couple of hours since it was a hectic day otherwise.

Impressions:
    This tutorial section is easy.
    Oh yay, a lock-on function - this is almost like Zelda but with the character weight of SOTC. 
    Parrying is hard to time properly.
    That's a big boss.
    Oh. I guess thats the screen everyone talks about.
    Nexus hey. Looks like I shouldn't kill anyone here.
    Now I'm out the front of a castle and oh these enemies are easy. Block and slash, block and slash. 
    Fuck, arrows.
    Haha, that red guy got killed by arrows.
    Shit, me too.
    Repeat last five steps ten times.

Time to play Outrun 2. 

All in all its a very impressive game but time ran away from me and I was being a bit careless due to time restraints. I can see why it would get addictive quickly and I think Ill try it again soon when I can spare a good chunk of time. 

As for Outrun, I finished the hard route first go round, the first time Ive ever gone that way. Testarossa FTW.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I couldn't meld with Souls. I think the love in is blind.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Series has plenty going for it, people do tend to get a bit all or nothing over it however.
  • Am merely positively disposed towards it. It ain't perfect. Least shitty of the crop.
  • I can't recall the last game that fits this bill. maybe Binary Domain...

dunno what possessed me to try a 3rd person cover based shooter but i fucking loved it. lots of cheesy OTT Japanese charm.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    BiDo is a game that you need to power through the first hour of. Soulless before then. But after that, zut alors Monsieur.
  • beano wrote:
    I couldn't meld with Souls. I think the love in is blind.

Souls is an odd one for me.

I have got 90% through Dark Souls and loved it but it wasn't an immediate love. I WILL finish it one day but I don't need to to know it is an amazing game. What I loved about it is the entire game, the levels, the NPCs, the areas know more than you do. They are all happy in this fucked up looming world.

Dark Souls 2 has better tech stuff but is shit, no atmosphere, no looming presence, just meh.

Demon is a cold old bastard. I really like what I have managed to get through but christ is it depressing for large chunks.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I got 90% through a batman, I loved it, it was an an immediate love. I had things to do so left it alone. I tried to go back to it and just couldn't be arsed. Now I haven't got a PS3 anymore so "what's the point?" I ask myself. Do I need a console really, well I am still paying for PS+, but at least I have a Vita, I really need need a bigger memstick for it more than a new PS3. There seems to be plenty of stuff for the Vita, but most of it I have on Android or PC. Bluergh. I'm sure I'll find something.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!