Roll.. roll.. roll.. the credits
  • I wish more movies would have credits like the old Jackie Chan movies.
    Or the little snippet at the end of Coraline, where you can see 'the strings' of how they make it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I can definitely do without "bloopers" reels on comedies for the rest of ever
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    Fuckers gotta watch the credits, man.
    This is especially baffling to me with the Marvel films. There's always a teaser after the credits, but around half the audience gets up and leaves as soon as "directed by" appears on the screen.

Yup, and i'm glad I do. Although I am a sucker for a fancy animated credit sequence.

Going by the previous teasers, I don't have a clue what they mean until I get home and google them anyway so in most instances its not worth it, especially if i've been clinging onto a piss for 150 odd minutes.

I did stay to see the end credit scene of one of the Pirates of the Caribbean films as the ex insisted we stay... never, ever again.
  • I'd seen Napoleon Dynamite online before it came out over here in the cinemas. Remember the post credits scene at Kip's wedding? Well when I saw it in the cinema with a mate I convinced him to wait through the credits for the extra scene. Well it wasn't there and he wasn't happy.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Probably the same guy that walked out of the Hobbit.  Game set match Stora.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Lol
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Aye but the teasers are shit.

Get out. Alright, the Guardians one was lacklustre, but they're generally top.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

The first iron man one was decent because it set a big stage and was a good cameo at the time. The rest? Pfffftttttt
  • Thor was the shittest of shit films, but the teaser was good. Not good enough to make me sit through the sequel.
  • Wait, I don't mean Thor, I meant Avengers (which I enjoyed). Ignore that.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

The Guardians one was Marvel trolling everyone, and therefore the best one there has been.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    The rest? Pfffftttttt

Well, pfffft and good day to you, sir. GOOD DAY INDEED.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Thor was the shittest of shit films, but the teaser was good. Not good enough to make me sit through the sequel.

Lies, they're all epic. The worst was clearly Captain America 1, which had more set up than actual plot and some supremely weird editing. But it was still a solid 6 lands of the free out of 10 Nazi occult plots.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Aye, Lennon was a fucking tool. Band of Gypsies on the other hand is a brilliant album.

Was always amused by Lennon droning on about people having no possessions from his mansion.

Watched a Ringo interview a year or two ago and came across as a real prick which was disappointing. McCartney seriously needs taken aside and told to try and stop singing loudly. Starr still has a good voice though.

Those who age have to shoulder the burden of becoming what they would despise in earlier years. The Python cast are the same - on the whole an overindulged bunch of old fools.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Python still seem pretty self aware.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Starr still has a good voice though.

About as good as his drumming. HEYO.
    davyK wrote:
    The Python cast are the same - on the whole an overindulged bunch of old fools.

This:
    Skerret wrote:
    Python still seem pretty self aware.

They've never claimed to be underprivileged yoof from da ghetto. They're still perfectly willing to take the piss out of themselves.
  • Games, not other shite.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I like the Python guys - rich and entitled but happy to admit such.

Except Cleese.

lol that alimony
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Games, not other shite.

Did I just drop through a timewarp or something?
  • Macca is still my favourite Beatle because Wings had some cracking tunes:

and his early solo LPs were full of notions too like uhh somehow inventing dubstep:

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    No doubting his talent but recent shouting performances are jarring.

Ringo sang at a Beatles celebration concert in the US - was on TV a while back. I was pretty surprised how well he sounded - provided of course that it was actually live and not a post-production thing or a mime.
  • Oh yeah I mean now he's wretched. Still, almost every old pop/rock entity is.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Ira Davies sounded as good as he ever did when last I heard him.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Chaz & Dave make no new material so they're safe.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I saw a poster for Chas and Dave performing at a local pub some years back which featured the disclaimer 'not the original Dave'.
  • His wife died and he knocked it for a while, I think.  Seen them three times, always great fun.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Oh yeah I mean now he's wretched. Still, almost every old pop/rock entity is.

Suppose so. We do take him for granted. The dalliance with that tedious model didn't help his image but he really was/is something special.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    His wife died and he knocked it for a while, I think.  Seen them three times, always great fun.

3 parts to this - features spots by Clapton, the blind half of Peters and Lee..Genius. That dickhead Jimmy Cricket does a turn but to make up for that the crowd in this are as rough as the proverbial badger's arse and seem to become more fortified as the show progresses. They wouldn't have the balls to do this nowadays.

• Watched that over Xmas, it was on itv4 or similar. Great stuff.
  • I saw that at Christmas too.  Essential viewing.  There's real booze in them there taps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!