Roll.. roll.. roll.. the credits
  • Vanquish had some reasonable credits. I'm not sure if I'm remembering some other thing in it, but I think Nobi Nobi Boy had decent ones, too.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Fools, there's only one credit sequence worth a watch. Go macca, go! Also, both portal songs are wonderful.

I have never seen this as Destiny does credits about as right as can be, the only time they roll is when you select the option to watch them from the level select screen.
  • AJ wrote:
    Vanquish had some reasonable credits. I'm not sure if I'm remembering some other thing in it, but I think Nobi Nobi Boy had decent ones, too.

Of course!

• Is the thread title a nod to an Afroman song?  I forgot he existed until a week or so ago.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Proof positive that Mark Chapman shot the wrong Beatle.

They're dieing the reverse order - didn't you know that?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Tearaway was delightful.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Rayman Origins and Legends are about 20 minutes of slapping each other about. Much like the rest of the game.

Great stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Proof positive that Mark Chapman shot the wrong Beatle.
    They're dieing the reverse order - didn't you know that?

Alternatively, Lennon is now revered due to the fact that he wasn't able to fuck up his legacy. Hendrix is another one. Now, I love Hendrix, he is, no question, the greatest guitarist ever to have lived, but can you imagine the kind of self-indulgent shite he'd have been releasing for the past four or five decades if he were still alive? Look at Band of Gypsies for a terrifying glimpse of what could have been.
  • I always sit through the credits. The worse thing is the odd game where the credits actually LOOP. That's caught me out once or twice.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    The credits went on and on and on and on and ariston. Fucking hell, the whole of Ubisoft must have got a mention.

This definitely seems to be the way things are happening these days. I always make a point of watching the credits, it just seems polite after people put X years into making the game. IIRC it was Dead Space 3 where I got to the thirty minute mark and they were starting to thank the secretary of the deputy head of the legal department that I pressed the skip button.

As for improving them, just a) make them shorter - people who had some input to the game only, please. No thanking the catering company that brought the sandwiches to that one meeting you had. If you absolutely feel the need to include everyone, don't put them in the post-game credits, put them in a secondary set of credits people can choose to watch (and fast forward) under the Extras stuff in the main menu. Then b) interactive in some way is always a plus. The highlight for me is Tatsunoko Vs Capcom which featured its own minigame in the credits, which doing well at unlocked stuff in the main game. But even Rayman Legends was better than just watching names roll by - you could run around on the names and smash them with your attack. No high score, just something to do.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Hendrix is another one. Now, I love Hendrix, he is, no question, the greatest guitarist ever to have lived, but can you imagine the kind of self-indulgent shite he'd have been releasing for the past four or five decades if he were still alive? Look at Band of Gypsies for a terrifying glimpse of what could have been.

Musicians. It's fine line between dying young enough that you never had chance to fuck things up, and living long enough to shit all over your legacy.

People do buck the trend, though. Johnny Cash's career can best be described as an inverted bell curve. The American Recordings are arguably the best albums he ever did.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • George and Ringo are the only Beatles to have done anything I genuinely love outside of the band.  Lennon's solo career was overrated IMO.
  • RE: inverted bell curve, Dylan took more than a minor stroll in the wilderness too.
  • Aye, Lennon was a fucking tool. Band of Gypsies on the other hand is a brilliant album.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Dylan in the 90s lol (until Time out of Mind)
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Dylan in the 90s lol (until Time out of Mind)

Slash, Ray Vaughan, Harrison, Hornsby, Crosby.  Under the Red Sky.  CLUSTERFUCK.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    RE: inverted bell curve, Dylan took more than a minor stroll in the wilderness too.

A friend of mine has the idea that this was on purpose. Dylan got fed up of being famous and purposefully put out shit albums to get people to leave him alone. It didn't work as people just thought they were experimental genius, so he gave up and started making good stuff again.

I have a similar hypothesis about Hideo Kojima and Metal Gear Solid 2.
  • I woudlnt be surprised by that.
  • I hope Sega are doing that with Sonic games.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Fuckers gotta watch the credits, man.  I saw the third Hobbit film at cinema and as the final shots were rolling, some bloke in front of us was up out of his chair and out the door before the final shot and fade.  Soon as the fade hit, 90% of the audience upped stumps and made for the door.  I always stay for the credits (my media teacher taught me that) cos it's interesting to see who did what and it's part of the experience.  The first bloke though, what the fuck.  It's 11:30 on a Sunday night in a semi-rural suburban cinema mate, there's no traffic to beat.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Maybe he had to be somewhere for a certain time you prick
  • Maybe he wanted to get out in case it ended another three times amirite?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Maybe his ex-best mate worked on it and he couldn't bear to see his name on screen.

Fucksake a little logic skerret EH.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    Fuckers gotta watch the credits, man.

This is especially baffling to me with the Marvel films. There's always a teaser after the credits, but around half the audience gets up and leaves as soon as "directed by" appears on the screen.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aye but the teasers are shit.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Maybe he had to be somewhere for a certain time you prick
    Fuck u temps, he did it cos he was simple and I could tell from body langridge an it makes me so madddd
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Maybe he wanted to get out in case it ended another three times amirite?
    Yes this is good
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Maybe his ex-best mate worked on it and he couldn't bear to see his name on screen. Fucksake a little logic skerret EH.
    This is most likely, fine call Rog.  He looked like a Kiwi, all hunched and dark eyes.

Where he'd need to be on a Sundah night at 11:30 where I live though.  Unless Benny Hinn is screening earlier these days, forgot to set the VCR.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!