GameCube - Nintendo goodness.
  • Beyond Good and Evil and Zelda Four Swords. Timesplitters 2 and Baten Kaitos. No wait, Pikmin 2 and Ikaruga. Or maybe Skies of Arcadia and Viewtiful Joe. Oh fuck knows - why only 2?
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Metroid prime kinda sucked.

It's the best game of that generation according to the users of this forum and has a metacritic score of 97 based on 70 reviews.

You might not like it, but it definitely didn't suck.
  • Pfft... Super Monkey Ball is only #33 and Chibi-Robo is even lower!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Super Monkey Ball fit the Cube better than the PS2 or Xbox.  The combined edition had plenty of levels but the little grooves in the GC pad were nice for locking a straight line iirc.  I'd go for that and Skies of Arcadia I reckon.  There's nothing wrong with having the definitive versions of two stone cold classics.  If I'd stuck with Metroid Prime I'd probably be recommending that instead.
  • Super Monkey Ball madness;

• Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX

I would agree with this but mostly because WW is better on WiiU.

Metroid Prime is better than 2,3 and trilogy (controls) imo.
    F Zero GX while not better than F Zero X is the latest home version.

Everything else has been bettered or rereleased On other hardware.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:

Ban request.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I think im done with Beyond good and evil. Completed it about 5 times and doubt I could go back to it.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Super Monkey Ball madness;

Ah, so I did complete it, but not without continuing as I've never seen the extra levels.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Gonzo wrote:
    Ban request.

I agree. And anyone who doesn't like Half Life 2 of SotC too.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Half Life 2 was really boring. But SOTC is the best game ever made.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Prime wasn't really an FPS.
    Horses courses.

I hated HL2 nd SotC. Not gonna get up in faces about it.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Gonzo wrote:
    Ban request.
      I agree. And anyone who doesn't like Half Life 2 of SotC too.

HL2 was epic. SotC was where the human soul goes to die.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My wife started playing SOTC this weekend. She put it down, in frustration with the controls.
  • Its does control like a turd for modern standards.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • my wife's mother came over for a few weeks from America back in October - she told my wife she'd bring her US SNES over with all the games. when we got it out of the bag is was a USA cube with melee in the drive...

and (IMO) the controller is missing a few buttons to really elevate it. and that d-pad is junk.

i'm a weird one in that i don't think i have a single game with mario in it for my cube....

regmcfly wrote:
    I've still got my bongos
    we need to organise a 4 way Donkey Konga tournament!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Prime and Ico are both top draw for me
    HL2 up there too
    SotC failed to click for me though. Controls + playing immediately after Ico. I should give it another go (in HD...).
  • i wish that component cable for the cube was easier to come by. i've heard it looks incredible on modern tellys - though i guess it'll be similar to running a GC game via a wii.
  • The component is totally worth it if it looks anything like the Wii. Surely the internet offers some cheap ones?
  • Fuck me you're right. I've just seen a cable for £170!!
  • Christ, I'd just buy a Wii.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yep - get a Wii and use component cables. However - only NTSC GC games support 480p. SO - either get an import Wii or a Freeloader with a PAL Wii.

If you down B on the controller when booting up an NTSC GC game with component connection (either via Wii or GC) you will get the option to select 480p mode. Not all games support it but the few I have (Ikuraga, Castle Shikigam 2 and Kururin Squash) do.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Fuck me you're right. I've just seen a cable for £170!!

that's pretty cheap for one TBH! from what i know it's easier and cheaper to mod the console to accept a standard component cable.
    davyK wrote:
    Yep - get a Wii and use component cables. However - only NTSC GC games support 480p. SO - either get an import Wii or a Freeloader with a PAL Wii. If you down B on the controller when booting up an NTSC GC game with component connection (either via Wii or GC) you will get the option to select 480p mode. Not all games support it but the few I have (Ikuraga, Castle Shikigam 2 and Kururin Squash) do.

i don't think this is strictly true. my PAL cube has the component socket, and my PAL version of REmake lets you hold B on boot for progressive scan... though who knows what this really means.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wow - didn't know that. Must be an early version of the PAL cube? Didn't think any PAL games supported 480p - you live and learn.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The early models were until Nintendo realised only 1% of PAL users were bothering with component and changed the manufacture to save money.
  • Yeah early PAL's have them.

Tbh looking at 480p Wii games on HD sets I still think the better option for those machines are CRT's with RGB.

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Depends on the tv I suppose. Looks awesome on a Panasonic plasma.
  • it depends. PAL games at non-480 run at 50hz compared to the USA counterparts 60hz don't they? i was shocked when i saw REmake being playing on a CRT, it was so slow.

if the wii makes them all run at 60hz then its completely worth it.
  • I have day one GC and also a component cable. Will selling them make me rich?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!