GameCube - Nintendo goodness.
  • Resi was the weakest of the bunch.

Probably. I forget what they all were. I remember there was a dragon one that never got released.

Edit: wait, with the dragon one that makes five I know. Yeah, Resi was the weakest of the ones released.
  • I had a game called Lost Kindoms, I remember enjoying it. A sort of turn based strategy involving cards.

Shout out for Billy Hatcher too, if only for the theme tune ;)
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • We've got a few collectors here, how many have a copy of Doshin?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Originally, I actually just asked out of curiosity about who actually bought it, but now I'm wondering if it's worth owning as a curio. So, is it? Any novel mechanics or anything?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It's an interesting collector piece. Gameplay is based around a daily cycle - you only live for one day but your deeds leave traces behind to interact with the next day. It's kind of a light God sim - you can raise and lower land and move things like trees and rocks around and that has an effect on the population. You can be good and become more powerful with love from good deeds - or you can be bad and grow from fear.

I only played around with it a bit. Went back to it recently and while it still has charm and is presented with the usual Nintendo polish - technically  it's a wee bit off re clipping and collisions etc but maybe that's forgivable when the land is fully changeable. It's a bit slow - moving around takes a while but maybe that would speed up later on with new earned abilities - can't really say.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Sounds like it's worth keeping an eye out for it under £20, but not searching for. Then it can sit with Crimson Sea and never get played.
  • I had a game called Lost Kingdoms, I remember enjoying it. A sort of turn based strategy involving cards.

Lost Kingdoms was a lot of fun, but it wasn't turn based - cards had burn times for use, like a backwards ability cooldown, and the rest of it was real time.

Baiten Kaitons was the turn based one I believe.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I had a game called Lost Kingdoms, I remember enjoying it. A sort of turn based strategy involving cards.

Lost Kingdoms was a lot of fun, but it wasn't turn based - cards had burn times for use, like a backwards ability cooldown, and the rest of it was real time.

Baiten Kaitons was the turn based one I believe.

Ah, fair enough. It was a long time ago and I eventually traded it.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • *Baten Kaitos, even ffs.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I'm playing the Twin Snakes at the minute. Never played it before. It's metal gear solid1 done with the bombast of 2 so it's obviously the best

Hang on, a while ago, when I said that TS was the best MGS, you said it didn't count because it was a remake of 1. HYPOCRITE.

I'm off to feel smug now.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Viewtiful Joe was great.

It really is. Proper old skool hard as nails.
  • davyK wrote:
    I was all for getting Samba de Amigo and then realised the controllers are not wireless and it just put me off.

My boy is still wrapping his little mind around the wire on the GC controller. Easy to forget the magic. The ensuing explanation of light and wireless communication got his little head reeling, as did the subsequent explanation of sound.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I had a game called Lost Kingdoms, I remember enjoying it. A sort of turn based strategy involving cards.
    I had that, but finished it within a week so took it back to Game for a refund. Same with Pikmin.

Fun games, but not much to them.
  • I've got doshin
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I still have a couple of Konga Bongos - great game.  The Jungle Beat version was also cool.  Happily wiled away many an hour on the GC version of Fire Emblem too - certainly recommend checking out the lush cutscenes at any rate.

Imported a US version of Animal Crossing, got online with PSO, local multiplayer on Final Fantasy: CC - blimey, only intended to post some brief thoughts.

Billy Hatcher!  Worth playing to come up with cock jokes.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Don't think anyone's mentioned f zero gx yet. How that hasn't had a sequel, I don't know.
  • Because X sold less than SNES and GX sold even less than X.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Because X sold less than SNES and GX sold even less than X.

Which is why I've bought every F-Zero game that came out on the Wii U VC. I'd sell my gran for an F-Zero UX. (Fuck it, a 3DS version of X would do me.)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Good on ya, VC sales are important, its how we got Sin & Punishment 2.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'd settle for an hd remake with online multiplayer
  • I think thats more likely than a new game atm.

Star Fox 64 was re-released on 3DS to test how much interest the franchise still held, thankfully it was enough for a new installment on Wii U.

Hopefully Nintendo do the same with F-Zero.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • weadre wrote:
    I'd settle for an hd remake with online multiplayer

Would do me also.

[ quote="JonB"]
    Tempy wrote:
    I had that, but finished it within a week so took it back to Game for a refund. Same with Pikmin. Fun games, but not much to them.[/quote]

2/VS player LK gave it some legs.
    ayns wrote:
    I still have a couple of Konga Bongos - great game.  The Jungle Beat version was also cool.  Happily wiled away many an hour on the GC version of Fire Emblem too - certainly recommend checking out the lush cutscenes at any rate. Imported a US version of Animal Crossing, got online with PSO, local multiplayer on Final Fantasy: CC - blimey, only intended to post some brief thoughts. Billy Hatcher!  Worth playing to come up with cock jokes.

Bah, almost like for like except PSO & Fire Emblem, you jammy feck.  I still search for a semi decent price ref the cubes FE, I may just have to bite the bullet.
  • I bought a GameCube a couple years back because it was £20 and came with Mario Sunshine. Now while I didn't really like that game I did quite fancy the Star wars one... which is ace. 

But my cube has been sat on my shelf next to my Atari and PS2 unused for over a year. If I were to buy 2 games which should they be?
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Twin Snakes and RE Zero before they get re-released on PlayStations and give us all 2 less reasons to own a GCN.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Metroid Prime is current B&B 6th gen GOTG. So that one's a definite. One of the best games ever. 

Another one? Resident Evil 4. Exclusive wise? Monkey Ball is a great shout.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Eternal Darkness should get the nod over RE really, still an exclusive at least.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!