Xbox One Multi Region Game Purchasing Instructions:
  • lol - knew I shouldn't have started this - have had an e-mail from Amazon asking me to undertake an interview for the IRS because I have a US payment method (my debit card with the Oregon address). I either do the interview or get my seller account suspended.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • No way!!! That's brilliant but ridiculous. There is an alternative, log in to eBay USA, watch an item, $60
    Dollar point card. Log out, log back in to your UK eBay and it'll be in your watched stuff so buy it! Amazon don't seem to mind me doing it at all!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    lol - knew I shouldn't have started this - have had an e-mail from Amazon asking me to undertake an interview for the IRS because I have a US payment method (my debit card with the Oregon address). I either do the interview or get my seller account suspended.

IRS_bio.png
  • Verecocha wrote:
    No way!!! That's brilliant but ridiculous. There is an alternative, log in to eBay USA, watch an item, $60 Dollar point card. Log out, log back in to your UK eBay and it'll be in your watched stuff so buy it! Amazon don't seem to mind me doing it at all!

Do you get them cheaper?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    No way!!! That's brilliant but ridiculous. There is an alternative, log in to eBay USA, watch an item, $60 Dollar point card. Log out, log back in to your UK eBay and it'll be in your watched stuff so buy it! Amazon don't seem to mind me doing it at all!

Do you get them cheaper?

Hmm I'm not sure I've only done it once,let's find out!
  • I'll just get them from Amazon.com
  • To get games from US store!
    I got around (today just a hour ago) with this method (im from sweden)
    open commerce.microsoft.com and add paypal.
    add your own billing adress but finish with PORTLAND, OR 97201 USA

then hit new window and go get HOLA for chrome like stated in the guide.
    after installed VPN yourself through USA and browse to
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/home
    in there search "Xbox Gift Card"
    grab the wanted amount and hit buy and download button.
    confirm your shopping cart with your paypal.

POW! you are in the game bro!

Run over to your xbox and hit the code in "use a code"
    mind you need to be switched to usa locale on xbox.

code done!
    SUCCESS!!
    buy game!

wait for it to release *sob* :P
  • ALSO i found this just a moment ago.
    not sure if it help that much but maybe it will.
    atleast its a steal buy :)

get 50 euros for 43.99 euros
    http://cardscodes.com/Microsoft_50_EUROPE-223.html

[ul][font=tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif][li]Eurozone Live accounts only(Austria,Belgium,Finland,France,Germany,Greece,Ireland,Italy,Netherlands,Portugal,Slovakia,Spain)[/li][/font][/ul]
  • Plornt.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Naijk wrote:
    Eurozone Live accounts only(Austria,Belgium,Finland,France,Germany,Greece,Ireland,Italy,Netherlands,[/b]Portugal,Slovakia,Spain)
    Damn you FARAGE!
    Khan!!!.jpg
  • FORUM wont let me edit that bold.

Damn you FORUM. 
    Khan!!!.jpg
  • Wasn't there somewhere selling digital codes for games from the US? Thought it was Amazon but obviously not if you all seem to be just buying credit from them.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Yeah,  Amazon sell digital codes for PSN games and credit but only digital codes for credit for the Xbox
  • for me its a matter of saving around $27 USD on buying a game in usa than local here. if they could open up to be able to buy from hk or india that would save me like 40 USD on every game. That means i could afford getting 3-4 games every month instead of 1-2 with no sweat. I could support all my favorite game dev/publishers and throw my walled on more microsoft stuff that i dont need but want to buy just because i can. This bullshit xbox store blocking is in several ways not making any sense since ms gets their money they asked for in the first place and more to it if they lower digital content prices. im not paying 94 USD for a digital game in my local msstore or retail for that matter. absolutely not since the game is not complete when released which would add me another 40 USD for seasonpass or so. NO WAY! (ragequits internet) :P
  • Both Sony and MS will be getting pressure off domestic retailers to keep the digital prices high (dont also forget local taxes playing a part in pricing) in countries that can afford it, they will also be quite happy for people to be buying off their correct local stores as it means a higher percentage of the purchase goes to them.
    This is why I'm surprised it's taken them this long to stop people buying outside their region.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Got my $60 code from Amazon USA. Popped home at lunch to start MCC downloads. 

Thanks for the guide Verecocha :o)
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Got my $60 code from Amazon USA. Popped home at lunch to start MCC downloads. 

Thanks for the guide Verecocha :o)

No worries dude!! Really glad it's all working swell for everyone. Tempted to delete most of the op for the method that no longer works.
  • Has anyone tried to buy anything from other regions like Singapore, Hungary etc?
  • Sparky has from Hungary, he bought sherlock
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yup, works fine but the page where you input your card details and address etc. doesn't auto translate so it's a bit of a pain. Must have been down to the VPN, I'm not sure if you need it or not as I didn't try without it.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    FC4 is £35 from Colombia.  Shall I give it whirl?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • No
  • Subbax wrote:
    FC4 is £35 from Colombia.  Shall I give it whirl?

Yes!! Here we shall see what happens!!
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hope your Spanish is good.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I bailed and am about to buy two $30 cards from Amazon.com and just switch regions on my Xbox.
  • Subbax wrote:
    Yeah, I bailed and am about to buy two $30 cards from Amazon.com and just switch regions on my Xbox.

Chicken...
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Haha! I bought 2 $30 cards and then did the location switch. I attempted to buy it but it said $59.99 plus tax and I didn't see any option apart from add credit card. I totally panicked and bought another $10 card. I added the same billing address on the dashboard [it was mentioned on Gaf] and when I tried again it showed my $60.

Haven't added the $10 yet so that'll probably go on something else later on.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So Dragon Age hasn't unlocked for me and I haven't received any money back either. Not sure what to do now.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It seems like I have to ring Microsoft and ask for my money back. I'll do it tomorrow.
  • Remember to remove the US address from your Amazon account (credit card) if you have an Amazon sellers account, as soon as you have purchased.

I sell some of my old games on Amazon and I have had my sellers account suspended until I fill in a US tax form via Amazon.

I haven't at this stage because I am not sure of the ramifications. I'm not sure if removing it straight away will even stop the process and it only seems to be a problem if you have a sellers account but it has proved a proper inconvenience for me.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!