PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's been ps+. Are games ever on both??
  • Chaps. I'm trying to buy Ori through the Russian Store. I've got a 500 ruble card in my basket, but there's no pay by PayPal option? Any advice? I'm not sure my credit card will go through if I have to use my home address.
  • No you will need to use a Russian address with your credit card, Moscow university or the like.  I'm not so certain with the Paypal route if it's the most reliable.

I still had some leftover ruble credit so grabbed the Outlast bundle for Halloween that's in the sale.  £3.30 and the risk of it popping up on GwG, priceless.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I did the G2A thing in Sparky's link on the previous page to get the 500RUB credit with Paypal (ended up paying £6.90ish), then put the code in on the console after changing the zone to Russia, then bought the game on the Xbox.  Didn't fancy using a credit card.
  • Cheers chaps. I've sussed it out (with your help) and it's downloading now.
  • When you use G2A it asks you to put location in, and it has a percentage afterwards eg UK 20%  - it's not really clear how that 20% impacts. Any ideas?
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • Going to guess tax? UK is 20%vat
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yep. Thought probs that but it doesn't seem to update on final price - what do others do with that box?
  • Is it the payment protection thing?  I just disabled that.
  • No - it's the location option - defaults to outside the EU and 0%. Probably everybody leaves it on that but I wondered if everyone else recalled what they did - doesn't seem like it though.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I've bought a code from the Russian store and am struggling to redeem it all of a sudden online. I assume that I can still do it via the console?

Am I missing something obvious?
  • Don't you have to switch the console to Russian now? Think there is a post fairly recently from Vere.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Seems quite normal at the mo after looking at the Gaf thread for it, simple fix, turn on Xbox, change region to Russia, Xbox will need resetting and it'll tell you, click reset, then go to store and add code and buy game. Then switch region back if you want. Makes no difference.

Like I said the system changes a lot so take advantage of each opportunity.

• 419 rubles for Ori? I'll be having that.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Quite tempted by Skyrim, Destiny Collection, GTAV and Project Cars in the sale. Anyone know the cheapest countries to get any of these?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Quite tempted by Skyrim, Destiny Collection, GTAV and Project Cars in the sale. Anyone know the cheapest countries to get any of these?

http://xbox-store-checker.com/en/
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Cheers. Tried that yesterday but it seemed confused by the sale and prices didn't make sense.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • MS are cracking down now on the whole buying gift cards for different regions shenanigans. I get an error code if I try to buy without VPN on the Russian MS site, many are also receiving this error.

However, you can still buy gift cards from resellers, I have discovered SeaGM through a HotUK thread which sells rubles in the different denominations and at exchange rate prices, although there is a 51p charge for Paypal, this still brings it in cheaper than UK. I've successfully bought a 500 ruble card, next obstacle is, MS have stopped you from redeeming cross border codes, so banging a Russian code into the Russian MS store doesn't work. It used to be the Russian Xbox store but everything seems to redirect through the MS store now.

There is still a loophole though. If you buy the game through the Russian Xbox store as before, when the payment options come up, there is a redeem gift card option that comes up which will allow you to redeem the code and add to your funds. Whether this option will work in the future I don't know, but MS are certainly chucking a few hoops at you in a bid to deter. It has worked for me this time though, so Firewatch has still come in a couple of quid cheaper for a few minutes more effort.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Hmmm.

I was still able to buy US gift cards from the MS store and redeem them no problem a couple of days ago. If they have finally cracked down on this then that's a real bastard.
  • Some regions may still work, I don't think all are affected although you would think the US would be one of the first to get cracked down.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!