101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    :(

It's good that you got to spend time with her.  My mum lives with us yet still so busy with work and the kids that I don't always sit down and chat with her - just small chat when I help with her food and tea and other stuff.  On the odd occasion that I do sit down with her, leaves me feeling so happy and glad that I did.

Always find time for your loved ones.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Last year my Grandad went into a home, it was all a bit traumatic. Into hospital in the middle of the night, there for months while either him or the ward had covid or norovirus. It was decided between us all that he needed to go into a home, his dementia is far enough along that it had to be decided for him unfortunately.
    The home he is in is beautiful, I'd move in in a second. Lovely staff, great food, loads of activities, cinema room. No less than he deserves.

Unfortunately it has left my Granny on her own. Most days she goes to the home but the evenings are lonely. I ring her much more often than I did before. Most of the call is spent with her remembering what day she did something as if it matters or moaning about someone not cutting their lawn yet but its time well spent.

I am extremely lucky that I had all 4 grandparents up until my late 20s. My mum's parents are now gone. It wont be many years my Granny and Grandad will be about.
  • You're a good man Liv.
  • The Photoshop Contextual Taskbar.
    It has some really useful functions including the generative AI stuff which is handy for extending images.
    However its always in the bloody way, always exactly where I want to click on something else. Its uncanny.

Its like trying to draw and some keeps sticking a playing card under the pencil every time you move to draw a line.

Just let me dock the stupid thing in the corner or ya know, on the pissing toolbar.
  • I have now been playing four dimensional chess with the AI that apparently runs Fedex for the last three hours.
    Sadly, I think it's winning.

JUST GIVE ME MY FUCKING PARCEL!
  • DxUSraK.gif
  • Considering their tracking says my parcel is being held in customs, I was somewhat dumbfounded when the same minute I posted that, a FedEx man knocked on my door and delivered it.

FUCK YOU AI! I WIN…this time…
  • Still got UPS, Evri & Royal Mail to deliver today. Let’s see who fucks me over next…
  • Maybe get something delivered by Hermes if you wanna guarantee frustration and failure.
  • Maybe get something delivered by Hermes if you wanna guarantee frustration and failure.

They're Evri now.  Same shit company, different and worse name.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Maybe get something delivered by Hermes if you wanna guarantee frustration and failure.
    They're Evri now.  Same shit company, different and worse name.

Oh, shows what I know.
  • Yeah, their reputation was so bad, they had to change the name of the company. Says it all really.
  • With some retailers, I get the option of Evri or DPD for a little extra. I always opt for DPD, they have never let me down.
  • g.man wrote:
    Yeah, their reputation was so bad, they had to change the name of the company. Says it all really.

It was always a little too close to Herpes.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Evri cloud.

Silver haired whining.
  • That's UPS crossed the finish line. Unsurprisingly Evri are now the ones fucking my schedule for the rest of the day.
  • These things seem so dependent on the driver. I’ve now got a couple of DPD drivers covering the route my flat is on, and they’re both great; they use common sense, they know all the folk in our block trust each other to share a hidden nook where they leave stuff, they don’t lie about fictitious attempts, and so on. Equally, there’s actually a great lassie working for Hermes/Evri in our town, she’ll leave her private mobile number so you can arrange a redelivery or ask her to leave it somewhere / with a neighbour without having to go through the company.

DHL, though? Can’t stand them. Their working practices are really poor and the drivers seem to go out of their way to force you into having to collect from a depot. Ditto UPS and FedEx. I recognise the drivers are probably working in response to their own working conditions, with too many deliveries to be completed for the hours they have in a day, but the whole sorry affair just makes everyone’s lives worse.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    DHL->YunExpress->Royal Mail

There's a clown chain for you.  To be fair to Royal Mail the item I ordered (twice) from limitedrun dropped into a hole between YunExpress and them. I got to speak to a human from RM.

Happened twice - at the same point in the chain.

Useless cunts.  That applies to limitedrun in the US too btw as they said "there's nothing we can do". Of course you could you prick - your contract with DHL means you can.  Two tracking portals I had to use - sent them the screen shots from the portals, refnos , the lot. Pricks.

Will never order from them again.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I've never had a problem with Royal Mail deliveries so can't comment on customer services when things go wrong.

Agree with Drew that a lot of the time it's your driver that is the problem, though.  My local Royal Mail drivers are really friendly and always stop for a brief smile and chat.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    DHL took money off my sister in law for a delivery, then decided they weren't going to deliver it (they hadn't even collected it at this point) and refused to give her a refund. Shit company.
  • DHL had their worker steal a pair of Nike vapormax I got on sale. By the time I sorted it all out and got credit back from Nike, they were sold out. DHL are cunts.
  • I was having a coffee once and DHL knocked loudly on my door and I spilt my coffee FUCKING BASTARDS
  • Evri finally delivered, leaving only Royal Mail the only no-show of the four companies today.
    FedEx absolutely the worst service tho. God help you if something has gone wrong and you have to try and contact them.
  • This is the thing that should be shocking but isn’t: For parcels, Royal Mail are now the worst option. Even Evri perform better.
  • Aye, sad but true I'm afraid. FedEx was absolute torture, but at least the parcel got here today.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!