BFBC2 FREE WITH GOLD. LETS SHOOT MOFOS.
  • Wife going to cinema tonight. Might finally get on.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Installed, mild panic when no unlocks appeared, updated, relief as stats unveil. Seven stars with the vanilla M16 and four with the SPECACT told its tale. Just need to take the plunge.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Some of the best nights of my life involved this game and alcohol and you lot, but 360 is FUBAR so it's prob a thing of the past, someone please let me know if anyone makes a squad/team shooter as good as this in Rush again
  • LazyGunn wrote:
     someone please let me know if anyone makes a squad/team shooter as good as this in Rush again

Dont wait up.
  • Finally had a blast on this. Good fun. First few games I hadn't a clue what I was doing,just trying different buttons but eventually settled in. Not mad about Rush though,preferred conquest. Finished off the evening by spending a whole game using a UAV just spotting and calling in missile strikes. Loved it.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Rush with badgers will change your tune.

Overall, it may be the best single multiplayer gametype in any shooter ever.

This game is still number 2 overall for my all time fps mp, behind halo, but halo gets the top spot through various Gametypes and general flexibility. Desert Island disk style one gametype only & rush might take it for me.

As the noob video and Iain have pointed out the game ain't perfect, but I think it takes as long as any game I can think of to show those imperfections.

Spawning is brilliant. For one.

Being a douche sniper is definitely punished as far as getting Ws goes.

The unlock system is as unpunishing
    and balanced as anything I've played.

There's issues at the very high end, and expliots to be found, but it takes a fair chunk of bad luck to come across them.

Every thing else, from weapons to gadgets to classes is so well balanced to force playing the objective, trying different things and using multiple classes that it's just a beautiful smorgasbord.

And the maps! They're just so big and lovely to look at, with so many options!

Gotta stop gushing about it.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I'm now on, and have absolutely no idea what's happening. Lost first 2, won the third. Killed one guy.
  • 2 kills in this one. I like defending more than attacking I think.
  • Stick with it. Will aim to get on and show you the ropes.

• Kust won an attacking round too, including setting the charge. Even teams helps greatly! Am enjoying this now.

The snow map has been better for me.
  • Which one? There's 4 I can think of.

Massive Hill at the start, parachute in?

Night time one?

Small one?

Or the other one with a warehouse at the start?

Good luck with those descriptions.

So many maps in that game, when you think about it, and lots of variety.
  • Haha. I was going to mention the snow map as well but obviously these are the problems of coming late to the party! I was on a seemingly small one where the opposing team parachuted in. There was a UAV control station up high in a hill and that's where I spent the entire game.

RE:balancing,I can see that already. Tough deciding what class I want to play but quite often change during a game depending on the situation.
  • Yeah, once you have a bit unlocked, they all become vital at different stages. That one you're talking about is the small one who's name eludes me, gets hectic though.
  • Port Valdez.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The game is more rock-paper-scissors than most FPSs. 
    When things are going badly you always have the wrong kit for the situation you find yourself in. 
    Tho in general, because of the amount of armour, the engineer is the most useful.
    If it's a straight up infantry fight then assault and medic are the best, the recon is extremely useful if used in a recon role, I.e. Not as a sniper but as a recon by getting in the back and throwing motion sensors around and being a nice spawn station.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Recon is ideal for levelling buildings to. C4 the corners and let rip. If you have support resupping you you can take out an mcon station building pretty quickly.
  • It's another reason why it's a big advantage to be in a squad with friends. You can then sort out who's going to do what. The medic is much more useful on attack than defence because tickets don't matter for the latter. Conversely, you're far less likely to run out of ammo on attack and every life is precious.

The unlocks are even more of a problem now than they were at launch unfortunately and I think they make the engineer the safest class because he at least has the RPG very early on. It seemed inconsequential at the time this was popular because everyone put so much time in, but it's a big hurdle so late in a games life.
  • What's the deal with comms? Weird playing with just canned chatter.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Which one? There's 4 I can think of.

Massive Hill at the start, parachute in?

Night time one?

Small one?

Or the other one with a warehouse at the start?

Good luck with those descriptions.

So many maps in that game, when you think about it, and lots of variety.

Erm not sure? Only had one with snow. It wasn't night.

Now I've got to grips with this, really liking it. Need to play with a full team of Badgers.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    What's the deal with comms? Weird playing with just canned chatter.
    It probably defaults to squad only chat, randoms tend not to speak at all though.
  • Prob just too used to COD days of loud music and being called names.
  • Just watched that video. It's super helpful.
  • Yep. Covers just about everything.

I know talking about KD can be a bit silly, but I have to give credit to this game again.

While you don't want to protect it at all costs in other games, it is a good indication of your efficiency. And certainly playing destiny or halo, breaking even or going sub 1.0 generally means you've had a frustrating game that didn't get going.

In bfbc2 I generally sit at or below 1.0 but almost never feel like I missed out. If I've spotted or motion sensed a handful of guys and got a kill on one spawn, then that's a win. Rinse and repeat maybe with a UAV, or maybe taking a couple of deaths to knock out a tank, and you've had a good productive fun game.
  • KDR - IMO it has no place in a team objective game. It's completely irrelevant. 
    The thing that actually matters is your team support score and the result of the match.
  • I pointed this out on the offish BF forums and there were many replies in favour and a few arguing that players need to know who was to blame if they lost, they can tell by the KDR. 
    Well, that's a bit rubbish, because I might have died 20 times and got 1 kill and destroyed 5 out of 6 objectives. And the other rejoinder is, what the fuck are you going to do about someone with a bad KDR on your team? Nothing, you can't do a thing about it or them.
  • Aye, objective can be a lot like being Nicky Butt. It's not glamorous, often goes un-noticed but it's important to the team.
  • I don't want to get into a big huff about it, as demonstrated by my play and actual KD, I think it obvious where I stand, I do think, however, that it does indicate, to some extent - even in objective play - your efficiency, and effectiveness.

While you're dead and respawning you're not in the game, by definition, unable to help your team. if this is the case to the extreme, you are objectively less helpful than someone who was alive more, assuming similar assist/objective stats/points.

As you say though, there really is fuck all you can do about it, after the fact.
  • Depends. Did you die drawing fire for someone else to capture the objective? Or to get a touch on a flag to stop it despawning? You cant account for the context of the deaths
  • Still keen to jump on this soon. Got guests over the weekend, so it'll be hard.
  • Ooooh, matron!
    Come with g if you want to live...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!