Can't Help Falling in Love
  • I went back to try Eternal Champions on an emulator a year or two back. Man, that game is rotten. I had fond memories of it but it was light years behind other fightmans of the time.

Agree regarding the roster and setting/plot stuff though. Deserved better.
  • With me, that situation may arise if I replayed Dead Dance/Tuff E Nuff on the SNES by Jaleco. I remember liking it. But I bet if I play it now I will wonder what I ever liked about it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Eternal Champions was Sega's launch game for the 6 button pad and this was when the SNES had SF2 and the MD didn't, and needed a rival. I guess that's why it was hyped so much and given the crazy reviews. It really was shite though.
  • DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball - loved it. 
    Don't care what people think. I liked the volleyball game itself and the rest of it was a departure from the ramped up Michael Bay over the top shit that was prolific at the time. 
    It's was quite a relaxing game that felt like a big of a holiday. And there were virtual tits and bikinis.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Def Jam Vendetta on the ps2 (the second def jam game). Starved of an aki wrestling game and not loving the Smackdown series, DJV was great fun. Blinging up your fighter actual made so much sense in the game and though shallow as hell, it featured some bone crunching moves.

Didn't actually post earlier on for some reason, so I'll try again. This got pretty good reviews, and I've never spoken to a person who played it that didn't like it. The second one is Fight for New York though. I preferred Vendetta, but the second wass still good. We don't talk about Icon though.

I quite liked Termninator Salvation. It maybe helps I didn't buy it on release, but whilst it was pretty short, I liked it enough to play it again with a friend. It's Gears basically.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball - loved it.  Don't care what people think. I liked the volleyball game itself and the rest of it was a departure from the ramped up Michael Bay over the top shit that was prolific at the time.  It's was quite a relaxing game that felt like a big of a holiday. And there were virtual tits and bikinis.

This. It was a very simple game but enjoyable in a nice relaxing way. DOAX2 is next up in my tackling my pile of shame list but I'm a bit wary about turning it on for some reason. It feels a bit dirty!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Twisted Metal 2.
    Was ugly, and broken as hell. But fucking hell was it fun.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Beach Spikers for volleyball yo, that game was decent.

I liked True Crime: LA. No ps so no GTA for ages 'cept for mates houses.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Twisted Metal 2. Was ugly, and broken as hell. But fucking hell was it fun.
    World Tour, right?

My bro and I had many fun games on that.
  • Eric wrote:
    I actually found the Mean Machines review (Sonic 3 front cover) a couple of weeks ago (I was so obsessed with that review I remember falling asleep with it)
    Quality.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Flappy Bird

Totally this.

Made me feel dirty. 

Oh, and this.

hqdefault.jpg
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Def Jam Vendetta on the ps2 (the second def jam game). Starved of an aki wrestling game and not loving the Smackdown series, DJV was great fun. Blinging up your fighter actual made so much sense in the game and though shallow as hell, it featured some bone crunching moves.
    Didn't actually post earlier on for some reason, so I'll try again. This got pretty good reviews, and I've never spoken to a person who played it that didn't like it. The second one is Fight for New York though. I preferred Vendetta, but the second wass still good. We don't talk about Icon though. I quite liked Termninator Salvation. It maybe helps I didn't buy it on release, but whilst it was pretty short, I liked it enough to play it again with a friend. It's Gears basically.

Ah yes, it was fight for NY I was thinking off. I only very briefly played the first one - I think it was even more of a wrestling game then the sequel. 

Another wrestling game that really is nothing special but I love is WWF Royal Rumble on the Dreamcast. It was much more arcadey than the smackdowns and no mercys but it had a real charm to it. Vince and Shane were the boss characters if I remember correctly and it had Tazz in it. Wrestling games are always better with Tazz.

Final shout is for a Yu-gi-og game on the DS called Nightmare Troubadour. I cant say if it was a good representation of the card game/ TV show or if it was even good as a game but I got really into it after picking it up very cheaply in a second hand bin. Perfect handheld fodder.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah, that's why I liked the first better. It was basically just backyard wrestling, with rappers.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Flappy Bird
    Totally this. Made me feel dirty.  Oh, and this. hqdefault.jpg
    The nadir of cover design.  The type, my god.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I spent 200 hours with RE5, and everyone hates that.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball - loved it.  Don't care what people think. I liked the volleyball game itself and the rest of it was a departure from the ramped up Michael Bay over the top shit that was prolific at the time.  It's was quite a relaxing game that felt like a big of a holiday. And there were virtual tits and bikinis.
    This. It was a very simple game but enjoyable in a nice relaxing way. DOAX2 is next up in my tackling my pile of shame list but I'm a bit wary about turning it on for some reason. It feels a bit dirty!
    Sign out of Xbox Live while playing. I used to do that sometimes. 
    The...shame...
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • All the Tenchu games occupy a special place.  The first 2 were arguably alright, but I even managed to find some way to enjoy the shocking Tenchu Z on 360.

I'll totally buy an HD remake, XBLA re-release, or a new one.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Hodge360 wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    Sign out of Xbox Live while playing. I used to do that sometimes. 
    The...shame...

It's not LIVE that's the problem,it's the wife and kids!!

[quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Altered Beast on the Mega Drive.

Big old sprites and sampled speech, on a 16Bit power house on the back of Atari, NES and SMS.

I loved it and still have a fondness for it, but yeah its pretty shit.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I like Altered beast too - I remember having plenty of craic with it in 2 player mode too - was quite a thing back then.

Quite like Toki on the Megadrive too despite the cruel and brutal difficulty and muddy palette.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Formula One by CRL on the Spectrum, a team management game with hands on pit stops during the race. It was incredibly simple and sometimes very unfair, but regularly four or five of us would crowd around my Spectrum and 14" portable tv (colour, by the way) to contest a season.

Also Pac Man on the Atari 2600 and much more recently Mafia 2. There is so much that is wrong with Mafia 2, but I absolutely love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    I like Altered beast too - I remember having plenty of craic with it in 2 player mode too - was quite a thing back then.

Quite like Toki on the Megadrive too despite the cruel and brutal difficulty and muddy palette.

Two Crude Dudes got a critical panning, me and my brother couldn't have given a flying fuck.
  • Ahhhhh, Virtua Striker on the DC. What a game.
  • Just shows what was so good and bad about it:

Terrible quality video but loving some of the keeping (esp. Robotnic)!

I think its still a looker though!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Ah how can I forget Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja! Loved that on the nes, pretty sure it was shite though.
  • Plenty of sports games could be mentioned in here, but the footie game I enjoyed the most that received a critical mauling was Victory Goal on the Saturn.  Basic football played out to classic Sega poodle rock:

Iirc they did go on to make the rather good Worldwide Soccer though (and couldn't resist putting optional RAWK tunes in that).  The odd thing is, looking at that video now it looks a hell of a lot more fun than some of the 32-bit football games I was revisiting recently.  Can anyone spot where they pinched the next round music from?

Great Basketball on the Master System is another title that didn't live up to its name, but I spent hours on it anyway (and I've always detested the sport).

• Does Too Human count? I knew it was bad all the way through but I couldn't help but enjoy it.
  • Sounds like a perfect answer to me.  I watched my mate play it once, while he explained how bad it was but failed to put his finger on why he was obsessed with it.
  • If they patched out the insanely long death sequence Too Human could have been alright.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!