Eurogamer Expo 2014 (EGX)
  • Bloodborne was insanely good. Gave me the tingles.

Elite Dangerous looked nice but the demo didn't give a huge amount away except that I must get a £120 flight stick.

Bayonetta 2 was more Bayonetta.

Sas can't play Project Diva on a big screen.

I sucked at Splatoon (gyroscope aim is silly)

I'm now about to smash a Burger King into my face at Stansted.

Was a blast guys!
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Cool, straight to OR or Nintendo stand for me then. Just waiting for the train.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Man there was lots of Ninty stuff I didn't see/play! That'll teach me to get there at 1.30 not 10.30.

Dogfingers - were you at the pub with us (didn't properly say hi to everyone), and if not why not?! :-)
  • Ha, the other half's young son was with us so it's a struggle for me to get away, otherwise I would of.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Posting this in here and the fight game thread, before I head out:

http://www.twitch.tv/unequalledmedia
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I finally realised why I felt so fatigued from this year's EGX (I went on Thursday): a lot of the games had shifted to platform holders' booths, whereas in previous years the bulk of the games were on the open plan showfloor areas, organised as lines and with chairs next to every TV.

Here I spent nearly all of my time standing.
  • Do you have some sort of disability that makes it unusually tiring for you to have to stand up?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Advancing age is a kind of disability.
  • I just got back. 

I actually thought that setup worked better, open plan floor areas meant that in previous years the seats are nearly always filled for a considerable amount of time - with nobody to manage them. 

As a result of areas being more structured, I felt like I played far more than I normally would, without someone breathing down my neck. 

Went on Oculus Alien Isolation first (thank fuck we went there first, waited 10mins, thanks for the heads up!) - Wow, its already been mentioned how imposing the Alien is, but the way it got me was fucking terrifying - the Oculus may have helped and I admit i'm the biggest pussy for scary games with tension raised to the max, but I was impressed.

I then went on Far Cry 4, Project Cars, a dark souls esque game, WWE, Battlefield, DriveClub, a few PS4 indie games (Hotel Miami and Surgeon Simulator ported well). None of which is amazing enough to make me fork out for a new console just yet.

Then went to Nintendo booth and spent the majority of time there, Mario Kart Tournament (came 4th in my heat - too much hopping occuring!!), Splatoon, Shovel Knight, some weird but fun Japanese anime zombie shooting game, Yoshi and finally Bayonetta 2 which had a surprisingly small queue of 2 people.

Went to the retro area as it never fails to disappoint. Had an awesome time, enjoyed it more than last year.
  • I'd describe it as very weighty - like it would be better suited playing with a steering wheel.

I preferred Drive Club.
  • Thanks. I can't make my mind up on it and videos just aren't showing how it handles or how the AI works. DriveClub is looking good though, at least I can try the PS+ version.
  • Hi everyone!

I was Nick's tall step-son (wearing the giant bomb shirt) was great to meet you all!

Had a great day-I hadn't been to the expo in years (last time I went I played DK on the wii!) and was amazed how big and "flashy" it was!

By far the best thing I experienced all day was Omega Agent on the Oculus, first time I had ever given one a go and I actually got a bit of vertigo as I climbed these tall buildings on my jet pack! Was crazy and I can't wait to see how it goes from here.

A lot of the games I played suffered from what I get from a lot of demos-being thrown in the deep end without much context as to what you are doing. Shadows of Mordor was one of these, I will be absolutely purchasing it but because I didn't get a tutorial on the nemesis system I was just running around getting into fights! The same with The Order, is a stunning game to look at but being thrown into a battle halfway through wasn't the best way to experience these types of games- but I guess how could you display the best parts of your game in a five minute slot?

The Nintendo stuff was great and made me really excited about my WiiU-Yoshi and Kirby where fantastic and bought a big grin to my face! 4V4 Splatoon was great as well with match commentary from a very loud hype girl got everyone into it-Nintendo seemed to have the right idea on how to display their games!

The only thing I wish I had given a shot was Elite dangerous with the Oculus and Alien:Isolation! Either way was a great day and am quite happy to take the long trip up too Birmingham next year!
    PSN: halfashandy
  • Nice write up halfashandy and a warm welcome if you are new here (?)

Splatoon looks great fun especially 4 player, looks like I'll need my own Hype Girl though. Does she come packed in with the special edition?

Any more Driveclub info? (Thanks for yours muzzy)
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    Nice write up halfashandy and a warm welcome if you are new here (?) Splatoon looks great fun especially 4 player, looks like I'll need my own Hype Girl though. Does she come packed in with the special edition? Any more Driveclub info? (Thanks for yours muzzy)

Unfortunately not, I didn't ask the question either as I don't think she would have taken kindly too it! It is great fun-I just hope Nintendo don't screw it up royally as they really do have a winner!
    I had a go of Driveclub in the Ps Plus lounge (thanks Stuart from team Playstation!) was good fun, a good mix or arcade/simulation. You can't be roaring up and down the tracks but there is enough leeway for a few mistakes. Seems to give you points on how well you drive as well (I kept getting penalized for bumping into other cars) but managed to come third so was pleased that it didn't seem to be too challenging on the controls front, easy to pick up and play!  Plus it looked incredible! This is without a 'Day 1 patch' they mentioned which will improve it further. Really excited about it.
    PSN: halfashandy
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I should have said, Evolution seem to have retained one aspect of their Motorstorm AI.  Was cruising in first till the last corner, when a car went by me at twice my speed despite me not going off the track or anything.  Sigh.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I should have said, Evolution seem to have retained one aspect of their Motorstorm AI.  Was cruising in first till the last corner, when a car went by me at twice my speed despite me not going off the track or anything.  Sigh.
    All of a sudden I really don't want Drive Club.
  • They'd better sort that out, or at least have an option to turn it off.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Motorstorm had the shittiest rubber banding ever, can't believe they haven't fucked it off yet.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Was a proper great day out, loved you all agape style. I Second Omega Agent as game of show. Splatoon was a cool surprise but the gyro controls caught me off-guard. Problem of lacking focus due to discussing the professional fightman scene attitude towards Smash Bros with Dynamite.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Did someone say there were some docos on that? Link?
  • Aye, worth a watch that. Free to play is enjoyable as well.
  • Excellent, just watched 7/9 episodes of that tonight.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!