• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    To homebase.
  • I'm not excited by anything announced so far :(...

no Nintendo this year?
  • i've got two tickets for sale for saturday, anyone interested?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Which Saturday? Tomorrow? I might take ken off ya dude.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • its next weekend
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Dammit, busy next 2 weekends. Was free this weekend. Never mind.
  • yes
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Half tempted.
    Will consult wife.
    Who else be going that day??
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    i've got two tickets for sale for saturday, anyone interested?

Saturday MK? I'm interested... PM me, perhaps?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Oh, if Ricky is going.....
  • Let me consult wife.... Maybe I can meet you guys for my birthday instead of her taking me out to lunch and shopping at Selfridges...
  • Well, wife seems to think it's more important that I spend time with her. Not sure what kind of married life she is dreaming up where it's more important to be with wife rather than random internet nerds. Oh well.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I would have gone for the lunch. 

And I know you like shopping...
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Haven't they got some of those nice manbenches now?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I ain't sitting on noman.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    its next weekend
    Gonzo wrote:
    Is this w/e of 25 Sep?
    mk64 wrote:
    yes

I'm confused by this inconsistency. But assuming the latter, has synonymous got one, is one still up for grabs?? What's the price?
  • Gamermike wrote:
    I'm not excited by anything announced so far :(... no Nintendo this year?

Nintendo games announced today.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Did anyone attend today?
  • Disappointed by the lack of updates so far this year....im going tomorrow. Whats the best game on show, whats got the longest queue etc?
  • Adding to Gamermikes request I would be interested to know how Driveclub  is shaping up if anyone has any info x
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    We're all eating! Details soon...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My thoughts then...
    - bloodborne = justified hype I'M ON THE TRAIN!
    - octahedron was my indie game of show
    - FC4 looks great (but shit demo(
    - Drive club looks great, but didn't captivate me in terms of gameplay. Hard to say why not. Not arcadey enough for my taste I think.
    - Alien Isolation has potential, but how is that demo made into a full game
    - OR hard a BIG presence. Longest queue.
    - Didn't get to play batman :-(
    ' There are TWO ass creed games coming? Rogue &:Unity? When the fuck did that happen?
    - Volume was a bit underwhelming, and Mike Bithell didn't high- five me

A pleasure meeting a bunch from here as ever!

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Man... Omega Agent, and Omega Agent only for me...

Snes Pilotwings jetpac with better controls, on Oculus Rift?

Fucking blinder.

And Nidhogg...

Slept on it before, but now I'm convinced.

None of that beats meeting you guys again though. :]
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    And yeah... The Oculus Rift queue really did tell it's own story...
    Winds of change...
  • IMPRESSIONS (in order of playing)

SplatoonI queued up twice for this. 8 Wii U's set up for 4v4, really enjoyable. I found the aiming using the Wii U motion controls jarring at first but it does quite quickly become second nature. It's frantic but you can see how this could have tactical depth once you get your head round the many mechanics. The first game ended up in a stand off in a small corridor in the middle of the map. It was cool watching everyone try and take control of the map in the last minute, trying to gain a height advantage by using the squid to swim up the walls, throwing grenades to increase your area etc. I like the way the other team can't see you when you're under the ink as the squid, nice touch that is. It's feels more like Team Fortress than a standard shooter. I enjoyed this but it will sell about 5 copies

Captain ToadYou pretty much know what you getting if you've played M3DW. I did a boss level and it was exceptionally easy, whether this was just for the kids at the show I don't know. Was ok.

WWE 2K13The animation is still rubbish, the reversal system has no depth and it still feels like a poor mans fighting game. It's not No Mercy

Shovel KnightReally enjoyed this, its got that Ducktales pogo mechanic only it's extremely hard. Not in an unfair way, in a Dark Souls sort of way. People on the PC will already have this though.

Smash Bros 3DSThe problems with the demo still pertain to this updated build. The controls are awkward and it's just not as fun with everyone peering into a handheld.

Alien IsolationOnly had time for 1 game in the 18+ section and was pleased with me choice. This is scary. Not the 'make you jump' cheap sort of fear, but the incredibly tense sort. The Alien is completely unscripted. We had 10 minutes to complete one of the 'challenge' levels where you have to escape from some space vessel. For the record I didn't do it. Each time I died the Alien came from different directions and went through different rooms etc. A flame thrower was available which would paralyze him briefly (2 shots only), though I never managed to get it out on time due to constantly having my motion tracker in hand (you can't hold a weapon and the tracker at once).

The Alien is huge, really imposing. Probaby the best moment of the show for me was an instance where I was hiding wedged between a desk and some barrels in the dark. The Alien moved right in front of me with its back facing me. I stayed crouched completely still. I remember thinking that it probably wouldn't get me and it was just a false scare. It slowly turned round until we were face to face and it just fucking nailed me! Horrible but lovely.  I really hope they can fill a full game out with this stuff.

Little Big Planet 3Despite the terribly long loading times, we enjoyed this as well. Played 4 player co-op using the 4 characters with their new mechanics. It all works and looks lovely. It was basic platforming stuff in the demo, i.e. use character A's unique ability to get past obstacle B. I suppose it depends on the creativity of the levels and the level editing tools whether this will be any good.

Bayonetta 2Ridiculous set pieces, preposterous enemies, outrageous death sequences. You know the drill, the demo felt no different mechanically from the predecessor barring the Umbran Climax mode but who cares when it played like a fucking dream. Loved it, was smiling all the way through at the sheer ludicrousness of it all.

Spectated Yoshi's Wooly World and the New Kirby which seemed nice enough. Rest of the day was spent watching smash bros and MK8 tourneys and faffing about in the retro section. Had a marvelous day.
  • Anyone play evolve? At 2hr queues I thought pretty much fuck that
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Dogfingers wrote:
    Shovel Knight...

Yeah... That was surprisingly good.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Isolation sounds day 1 for me.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!