Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    B looks better.
  • Nicer bark and pull from the bone but A was more tender. Results incoming.
  • I vote A. B looks too dark.
  • Would have gone B, bring the char.

Did a lovely bone-in aged beef shin last night. 4.5 hours with amazing sauce.
  • In about 15 minutes I will have a really healthy 'breakfast' of Sainsbury cheese twist and prawn cocktail crisps. Monday.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Just had muesli with yogurt and mixed seeds. It felt healthy.
  • I ate kfc to stave off hang over, can't decide if I feel worse or not. A won.
  • Had a seriously good burger Saturday. Was timely after the sweet/savoury debate. This had bacon fried in maple syrup and was abso-fucking-lutely banging. Best of the year, from Mother Flipper.

b860b33cc23b11e399180002c950d29e_8.jpg
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Christ look at that thing, destroyer of worlds.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm off red meat now, not completely but it will be consumed only once or twice a month, and cuttingback on carbs (again).

I'm sure you have knowledge of this sort of thing @skerret as it sounds like you take a lot of care over what you eat.  In a nutshell what are the problems with ordinary milk, and is organic milk a good alternative or should I steer clear of mass produced dairy completely?
  • Those Mother Flippers are pretty good. Had one at street feast couple summers back.

Just read the new P&B in Liverpool st is going to deliver.
  • The MF guys have levelled up a great deal I feel.

Wow. I can easily see myself going to the corner of their catchment area and waiting for it.

Where did you read it dude?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I'm off red meat now, not completely but it will be consumed only once or twice a month, and cuttingback on carbs (again). I'm sure you have knowledge of this sort of thing @skerret as it sounds like you take a lot of care over what you eat.  In a nutshell what are the problems with ordinary milk, and is organic milk a good alternative or should I steer clear of mass produced dairy completely?
    In a nutshell, milk is like most other mass produced products in that it has been nutritionally diminished in the pursuit of cost and convenience.  Organic is a good alternative but there good and not so good since organic became fashionable.  If you can find organic unhomogenised milk from smallish producers, grab it.  It's likely to be produced more ethically (both in terms of animal welfare and additives to the product itself), tastes a fuckton better (dat rich creamy cap) and has a superior nutritional profile.  The pasteurisation process denatures the proteins in milk and smaller producers tend to pasteurize at lower temperatures.  Raw milk is king but as Beano can testify to it's hard to source legally over there.  I get 4 litres of raw milk a week and it's amazing stuff, so rich.  I attribute my ongoing fine health at least partially to the stuff.  When it gets close to use by, instead of going sour it becomes almost cheesy and tangy.  Great for making kefir too.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also, I feel shite if I drink supermarket milk, as do many others (anecdotally).  Something about the homogenisation process affects digestibility.  That's how they get 2% fat milk etc.  Skim milk is a crime.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I heard a woman at a cafe ask for a skinny iced chocolate the other day and it made me want to do murders.
  • The MF guys have levelled up a great deal I feel. Wow. I can easily see myself going to the corner of their catchment area and waiting for it. Where did you read it dude?

http://thelondonsinner.com/pattybun-opens-in-liverpool-street
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Cheers skezza, will see what I can find.
    Skerret wrote:
    I heard a woman at a cafe ask for a skinny iced chocolate the other day and it made me want to do murders.

That's a bit like having a diet coke with your bigmac (and no, it doesn't taste better, stop lying to yourselves).
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Goob, good luck on the raw milk. I found one farm that had it but refused to deliver it or supply it at the gate.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • The market where I got that burger had a raw milk cheese stall. Now I know what that means I'm a lot more interested.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Plenty of cheeses are raw, a true goats cheese is raw for example.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Pretty sure I've seen a raw milk stall in Borough market too.
  • Finally someone got around to the Mo Flo.

Hopefully they're still in business come August/Sept when I pop back for that Kate Bush gig.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    http://www.hookandson.co.uk/

http://gazegillorganics.co.uk

Thoses two look promising @beano

This bit
    Before pasteurisation, raw milk had associated health risks. Tuberculosis and Brucellosis were found in many herds at the time, and these diseases could be passed on through the milk. Also, the actual milking process was very basic allowing contaminants into the milk that contained bad bacteria such as E.coli. So there were problems many years ago.
    Got me a bit worried though.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Rather expensive with a  tenner delivery. Still good though.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, seems expensive to be pouring on your cornflakes regularly unfortunately.  Also not ideal that you would obviously have to be in to receive delivery.  The only option is to find one locally I guess.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Newbridge farm in Ewloe.  Is that any good for you @beano?
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Fuck milk off after the age of 26, says I.,

But those Aerola !
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    http://www.hookandson.co.uk/ http://gazegillorganics.co.uk Thoses two look promising @beano This bit
    Before pasteurisation, raw milk had associated health risks. Tuberculosis and Brucellosis were found in many herds at the time, and these diseases could be passed on through the milk. Also, the actual milking process was very basic allowing contaminants into the milk that contained bad bacteria such as E.coli. So there were problems many years ago.
    Got me a bit worried though.
    That's a bit misleading and a key phrase is 'many years ago'.  The reason milk is heat treated is because large scale milk operations draw milk from herds and farms all over and pool it.  Given one bad batch could contaminate the milk and quality control on that scale is difficult and costly, they need to heat treat it.  The beauty of small farms is that they likely have their own herd that they have precise control over and can test for such things given the much smaller volume.  Fear mongering about raw milk is just that; the stuff that could be contaminated is always pasteurised and the same concerns don't apply to small farms because they have far greater capacity for quality control.  I've been having it for years now, litres a week, and never had an issue.  It's labeled as bath milk because you still can't legally sell raw milk for consumption, but they know every pine who buys it drinks the stuff.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hmm spellcheck turned person into pine.  I'm leaving it.

The cost is higher yes, but if you want it for nutritional value, there's no comparison.  Instead of putting it on your cornflakes, just drink 500ml on its own and you'll have a superior breakfast.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Smoked mackerel with beatroot and cucumber couscous and a yogurt and horseradish dip/sauce. Was great.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!