Now eating/drinking
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's okay- tis the season to bagsy places in the park with bits of your floor- etc.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Like anyone in this town needs the excuse of a picnic to get rattled.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Dunno, pretty sober in the autumn when they're wrapping their trunks. Suppose they're saving the muster for the spring. You'd figure.

Hey, do you hit any of the industrial clubs, I'm not going to name names of the ones I am on about but an ex is a dancer in one, you should totally bag her.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • I probably should but I haven't done any research. All the nights I end up at are ones a mate or several are jocking for or running themselves.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Just look for the oldest ones. Not far, new lodge area.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Oh yeah- katsu curry (coincidence) just come off the hob here- latest Agents, said to have cpt murica spoilers. Likely saves the minor, can see them being too cunty.
  • This is what they call an attempted teablagging. Guy has a nothing blog and tries to use it to leverage a table at a decent restaurant. Anyway he got parred. Knowing the dude who owns this place I'm confident he'd have said the same thing to Jay Rayner, this blogger is most misguided.

pcz5.jpg

The cringy little favouriting of it as well, like *twee smile* that's ok we still bros. UGH
  • I was going to cook burgers Easter weekend but think I'll go to this instead.

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=452a611566c006a2ccf9cdf9d&id=f5abe7fbb1
  • I'm sure there's an infinite complexity of loveliness to burgers I'm missing out on, but maybe it's the availability that leads to conversation and comparison, as it's a just minced beef sandwich. I suppose being the most non-local and non-seasonal of dishes, in that nearly all the ingredients are available to most of the world for most of the year, it must be reaching some zenith of competitive perfection by now and therefore you'd expect it to taste pretty bloody good. 

I wonder what a Mcdonald's hamburger tasted like in that very first store? Maybe it tasted like it does now, and it was only popular back then because the food in the States was so shit in the forties, as it is now. Who knows. I don't mind a burger every now and then, but I'd rather have a pie tbh.
  • And I'd just like to say how, after being away for a few days, this is the thread I look at first. I don't even mind the all the burger talk because although it's not my thing exactly, it's still a food thing and that I'll always find it interesting for that reason alone.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Indeed, in the way that coffee has had to be perfected to justify the outlay for the consumer, in comparison if speccy has a burger a week implies 28sovs a month ergo a year, but Nick implies more than a unit on avg per week, we'd say. So it's implicit that there's some zen coffee-like revolution going on now for it to be worth your investment in terms of retail and personal experience. The question is when do you fully subscribe to it knowing you might Elvis the building...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I mean subscribe knowing it's nothing but a carnivorous dish in whole cals per gram- per ingredient... Etc.
  • Coffee is a perfect example of, well, pretty much everything. There's not much you wouldn't learn about Western capitalism in the last 200 years if you only studied the history of tea and coffee.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I buy two premium coffees a day five days a week...when I was a kid I used to get a cab to school every day for the same price, couldn't do that now. Commodities, eh.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    That's one of the biggest problems I have with "dirty american" food. Just soooo much sugar and honey/syrup. I like my savouries savoury.

Yes man, I've spotted this worrying wankery on Masterchef.

Salt in desserts? Fuck yaself with a spike lad, sweet = sweet, savoury = MEAT.
  • Hint of salt can elevate a pud though. Caramel etc.

Again, it's about intelligent moderation.
  • Aye. Or a wee bit of pepper or chili or hey rosemary.

Actually thinking about it I don't like anything too sweet and that goes for deserts. A nice sharp lemon or apple thing mostly. Just with mountains of lovely cream, of course.
  • Cream on its tod is so great.

And yes, I fuck with the chili choc.
  • So we're all agreed that everything can be nice in moderation but also overkill en masse.
  • Enjoyed Patty and Bun. 10 minute wait, excellent service, cracking chicken wings and a decent burger. Further improved by the ridiculous amount if rum they put into our Rum n Tangs. I get the complaints about being too saucy but thought the beefy goodness shone through all the unctuous goo. Looking forward to going back.
  • I could go for that today, may have to rearrange my eatin' plans. I'm glad you enjoyed it cos after years of recommending it I'm finding out it's not for everyone.

Umami, that's what so good about the best burgers. The pickled red onions and tangy cheese in the Ari Gold stop the sweetness of the bun being too much for me. The sauces ain't that sweet, to me at least, but it's no secret I love American food done right, and there some of it does play with salty sweetness.

It's all about balance, BBQ sauce is the absolute bollocks because it hits those notes and sings more: sweet, smoky, spicy, sour and savoury. The five corners of good eating!
  • I've never cared for BBQ sauce, dunno why precisely.
  • Last night I ordered a pizza late and bought some just to see - it was awful. Synthetic and tasting of nothing much. There's a entire book on BBQ sauces of the world, I'm talking about the American stuff now and within that there are huge tiers, the top being homemade.
  • I'm having to queue, for food, in Birmingham. Better be good.
  • Not a fan of Nori but I dig Nigiri. And I've never found out why it's so good in Japan. When I asked my brother he said "experience", which while true lacks insight. With a little research I reckon you could easily surpass Yo Sushi! but it's probably best left alone.
  • I'm with you there, first time I'd been so I just asked for the recommended set menu but next time nigiri will be ordered.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I don't understand why anyone cooks tuna until necessity comes in and I end up buying tinned steak.
  • IMG_20140413_201938_zps102e6b40.jpg
    My dinner tonight, I voted B.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!