Bloodborne Blind Run thread. STRICTLY NO SPOILERS!
  • Which is exactly why I want to start downloading ASAP, or I'll just have buy a copy on Friday morning. Then it's dropping the sprog off at nursery and I've the rest of the day off - oh yeah!
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I'm in North America (obv) but the game was available to download at 12.01AM on Tuesday morning.

In the PSN store it was very specific about when you could download the game.

With regards to Bonus items - I've not found them yet and I'm 3 hours in.
  • I've already downloaded it on psn. When you pre order you can download it straight away. It just activates on release day. You'll get confirmation that payment has been taken a couple of days before, then just select the game on release day.  Thought this was fairly common knowledge...
  • I've already downloaded it on psn. When you pre order you can download it straight away. It just activates on release day. You'll get confirmation that payment has been taken a couple of days before, then just select the game on release day.  Thought this was fairly common knowledge...

That's not how it is over here.

It happened once, for GTA5 - then they removed that stipulation and you had to download on the day of release.
  • I think it might depend on the game then. Pretty sure it was possible for Dark Souls 2 globally.
  • Pretty sure it was possible for Dark Souls 2 globally.

Unfortunately you're wrong. Because I pre-ordered DS2 and was only given access to download it on the day of release. Every other time it would just download the 3MB background for your PS3.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hullo Googs.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • google wrote:
    Pretty sure it was possible for Dark Souls 2 globally.
    Unfortunately you're wrong. Because I pre-ordered DS2 and was only given access to download it on the day of release. Every other time it would just download the 3MB background for your PS3.

I see. I wonder why that is? It's only 5 gig which isn't so bad I suppose...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I think DS2 was out in Oz today.  I could have gone and collected it, but I didn't.  The masochism fostered by DS is preventing me from buying the sequel.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Don't forget those death diaries folks. We need these to be spoiler-safe. I'm hoping for things along the lines of:

Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Different Enemy, Original Enemy, Fell, Forgot I'd paused so couldn't attack, Original enemy, Second enemy, Fucking stupidity, Second enemy, Boss!, Boss, Original enemy, Boss, <rage quit>
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Don't forget those death diaries folks. We need these to be spoiler-safe. I'm hoping for things along the lines of:

Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, Same Enemy, <rage quit>

FTFY

I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Hullo Googs.

HELLO.

Going surfing next week. Come with?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Iiittts hheeeeertrtreeeee omg omg kids go to sleep pls
  • So far it's "oooh pretty, ooh scary, oooh fuck, oooh dead. And again. And I rolled off that?! Oh come on... OH FUCK!! RUN AWAY!!! Oh, I died"
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Updating. Hypeeeeeeee. Screw your actual shops :p
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I'm gonna be real cautious and make sure I don't die that's right not even once
  • But you were told to prepare for it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Go Beyond Death!
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • How does one deal with the constant death in a specific area?

I kept finding myself running the same route - dying at a random point (either the first baddie or the 15th baddie) and then running the cycle again to pick up my lost souls - only to die on the way to pickup.

Should I just abandon and try a different route somewhere else or just persevere?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Run to souls, claim and then homeward it back was my DkS style.
  • Depends on why or how you are dying. Is it a different enemy to the ones just before that you are ok dealing with? You need to be trying a different approach kinda each time. There will be a solution. If you're not really geared up for the area, you will probably be dying on the first one or two enemies.
  • Case in point: archers on ledges in Anor Londo on original DkS. I died so many many times, losing tens of thousands of souls. Eventually beat it by trying different approach or at least managing to execute one of the approaches I had thought of!
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Depends on why or how you are dying. Is it a different enemy to the ones just before that you are ok dealing with? You need to be trying a different approach kinda each time. There will be a solution. If you're not really geared up for the area, you will probably be dying on the first one or two enemies.

I'm just rushing in, not taking my time or being careful I think.

I can deal with them all individually - but I rush and then get overwhelmed.
  • Case in point: archers on ledges in Anor Londo on original DkS. I died so many many times, losing tens of thousands of souls. Eventually beat it by trying different approach or at least managing to execute one of the approaches I had thought of!
  • Ah, that's the worst thing you can do, trying to rush in. 

Im replaying DkS and made a mistake of thinking I know the game better now and can rush in. Like fuck I can. Enemies will kill you the slightest moment they can get.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Stop rushing googs

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!