Dark Souls 2 SPOILERS INC PRERELEASE STUFF
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    E.g Complete a couple of minor objectives and then unlock the main quest?

There are objectives in this game?
  • I say objectives loosely, I meant is the structure similar to Dark Souls 1 in terms of an initial objective (ringing the bells) followed by your true task (collect The Lord souls).
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Ta. 

How far are you into it?

• About 3 hours. I made it to the town (which is lovely, BTW) and ran down into a Church. That church had huge fucking giants. I managed to kill one of them - but cant work out the rules to the next one. So I ran back to town and went down some steps and made it to an old fort that is overrun with dead soldiers or something. I've run through it once and made it out alive. 

I have so many items that I have no idea what to do with.
  • That's always the way with these games you stumble along not knowing much of what's going on until it clicks, or you look at a wiki. 

What starting class did you choose?

I'm still thinking of starting deprived just as a personal test to myself, though I am tempted by one of the dual wielding classes.

• Got the game today and just played 11 hours straight. It's wonderful.
  • Isn't it just? It's a beautiful, refined polished experience. It's not so dauntingly difficult to begin with either...
  • Dispatch email ho! Nothing stops the HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO!
  • Has anyone with the game who's played a significant chunk joined the convenient of champions? Was wondering how much it increase the difficulty and it what way?

I don't have the game yet, was just wondering on the effects as I want the first play through to be as tough as possible!

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Got the game today and just played 11 hours straight. It's wonderful.

TWAT!
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    Has anyone with the game who's played a significant chunk joined the convenient of champions? Was wondering how much it increase the difficulty and it what way? I don't have the game yet, was just wondering on the effects as I want the first play through to be as tough as possible!

Can you tell me about covenants? I joined the blue covenent but I have no idea what that means or does to the game.
  • Oof:

You'da thunk From had the resources at this point to avoid a rushjob on such an anticipated title but oh well. Dorks 1 was only good-lookin' by accident anyway.
  • google wrote:
    Mikemsp wrote:
    Has anyone with the game who's played a significant chunk joined the convenient of champions? Was wondering how much it increase the difficulty and it what way? I don't have the game yet, was just wondering on the effects as I want the first play through to be as tough as possible!
    Can you tell me about covenants? I joined the blue covenent but I have no idea what that means or does to the game.

As far as I know members of the way of blue covenent receive protection from members of the blue sentinels covenent when invaded.

• My evening
    Spoiler:
  • Just read that apparently the company of champions convenient disables co-op, ie you cannot summon or be summoned. It also increases enemy damage.. If it was just the damage increase of enemy's I may have gone for it but I don't like the idea of not being able to help others out!

• Dogfingers : I tried lighting all those bloody torches as well (until my torch burnt itself out). I just left the place alone after that. I can imaging the giant being a bastard with the explorer class. I fought it as a knight and still had a tough time - eventually beating it with Pate and a sorcerer class player. There were loads of summon signs around today so I'd take advantage of lots of players wanting to help out.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • google wrote:
    Guys, When do I get my pre-order bonus items? Do I need to find them in a box somewhere?

I installed mine off PSN in my downloads list (a stack of about 5 files) and I got them all as soon as I built my character. Could only use the shields straight off, though.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I found the Giant exceptionally easy, to be honest.
    Spoiler:
  • I used DS tech. But am shit so took longer.

Not seen a single summon sign yet.
  • I found the Giant exceptionally easy, to be honest.
    Spoiler:

An even easier method:
    Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:
  • Ooh, I never managed to get him to do that. I did the same as DS.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Just started this. Not that it really matters but Christ, all the starting classes look like massive twats compared to the first.
  • Go deprived!

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    VISIONS OF REAR....THEN HURRAH FOR CHARMER!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Mikemsp wrote:
    Go deprived!

WARZORZ MATE
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    The bosses are exceptionally easy.
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah it almost feels like cheating. I did it on a couple yesterday and it left me unsatisfied. Though there was one guy I played with who used sorcery to back up my melee attacks which worked really well.  

While that was fun, instead of getting better you just mob the boss and hope to get lucky. I'm vowing not to summon again on this first playthrough. 

After
    Spoiler:

Still haven't been invaded yet and spent quite a lot of time as a human. Wonder if its because most people are focusing on completing the game first?

• Well that's as per DkS1 then.

Really, From's boss designs are visual triumphs first and indeed for the most part.

Fully expecting magic to be game-thumpingly OP again.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!