PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Mikemsp wrote:
    SL 70 after 13 hours??  You made quite a bit of progress then I take it.

It sounds high but the average starting SL for each class (not incl. Deprived of course) is twice that of the last game at SL13. Plus i blitzed through the early parts I'd already seen/played, in half the time. And, I don't know where all the goodies/merchants are yet so I've been splashing my souls on levelling as apposed to items/ore etc.
    Mikemsp wrote:
    Is the restrict function option to allow all regions/allow just your own, or is it a case of you can pick and choose?

The option says: Cross Region Play - Allowed/Restricted. So on or off.
  • Makes sense. 

Think I'll be turning that feature to restricted which should also increase chances of co op with peeps on here.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I assume you lot know there's an upgradable stat named Vitality (just to confuse you lol) that specifically governs Equip Burden?

Anyway, for me manoeuvrability is paramount, so I've been trying to figure out what the weight % thresholds are: 

I know for sure that over 70% is the dead weight clunky/crashing animation when you try to roll. Anything less is fine and manageable. At the other end of the scale less than 30%-ish seems a little quicker on the roll and stand up, but not enough to warrant you stripping off or overloading your stat.

So yeah, there's a lot more 'wiggle room' as it were. What I'm not sure of yet is how much your weight and armour affects stamina regen.
  • I think it's time I deserted this thread. I've learnt some things that will help me in the beginning, but I don't want to potentially spoil anything from here on out.

Good luck everyone!

We all know we'll need it... ;)
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I can appreciate EDGE's helpless feeling of playing alone (and offline) with zero information or wiki to fall back on. It's quite the experience.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Started as a dual wielding dude, couldn't see the point in two swords either so re-rolled as a Sorcerer (dagger and spell combo) and have been getting on much better with it.

Looking forward to the servers coming online!
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I'm looking forward to rolling side-by-side builds on PS3/360 come Thursday, and putting everything I've learned so far to good use.

My only disappointment with the game is the fact that female builds have a 6 foot tall Amazonian-like frame and a tiny pea-head. It looks ridiculous. Once you're wearing armour and helmet, there is absolutely nothing feminine about them. It's a shame, cause I loved the variants for each outfit on Dark 1, and even better, the gender exclusive stuff in Demons.

Oh well. Looks like i'll be rolling male only from now on.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Something very important i just found out: Adaptability increases the speed of certain animations, most importantly how fast you swig an Estus Flask.

I knew i wasn't going crazy because the Estus animation is alot slower than you're used to and therefore A LOT riskier to use in battle. In fact, all the item usage animations are painfully slow. Guess i know where i'm spending my souls from now on.

*Edit* Adaptability also increases the invincibility frames on your roll. Wozwers!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aaww yeah! Do ASDA still take stock of new 360 games etc? Anyone know? If so I may not even need to leave my house Friday as someone I know is going ASDA at about 9am and offered to grab it for me.
  • will it be available as a games on demand download on xbox marketplace come launch day?
  • Jeez I need to stop reading reviews, I read one which will remain nameless even on here that had a picture of a semi-returning boss in the middle of the review. It's a biggie too that I definately did not want spoilt!!!

• Guys,

When do I get my pre-order bonus items? Do I need to find them in a box somewhere?
  • Curtis@ have you found an item that really helps ala iron flesh in ds1 that made you rock hard and was subsequently tweaked in a patch to make it less powerful cause everyone was spamming it?
  • google wrote:
    Guys,

When do I get my pre-order bonus items? Do I need to find them in a box somewhere?
    Havent seen it mentioned anywhere, check aroind the main hub area I guess.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    Curtis@ have you found an item that really helps ala iron flesh in ds1 that made you rock hard and was subsequently tweaked in a patch to make it less powerful cause everyone was spamming it?

I'd hope the designers have enough experience by now to avoid any game-breaking items or buffs etc. But time will tell i suppose. The game still has Iron Flesh by the way.

I've just been going about my usual business as if it were one of the previous games. Whenever i come across a new item, i check the description, then move on. 

This is all just research until i can get online later this week, bag all the goodies i've located, build a semi-decent character, and help out all the fresh fish. There are some seriously tough encounters, which i barely scraped by solo, so i know people will be jumping with joy to see a summon sign outside the fog door.
  • I am going to be forsaking my bonus items code as I want to just get them naturally through the course of the game. So if anyone with the standard game wants the code just ask and come release it shall be yours with the proviso you don't use said weapons to invade and kill me.

• Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I don't know what the pre-order items are, but it's highly likely you won't have the stats to wield them from the off.

Also, did you know certain armours have Strength requirements before you can wear them?
  • Apparently all pre-order items can be discovered in game as you progress.
  • The lighting gutting-job apparently makes a touted feature of torch gameplay completely and awkwardly redundant. That seems like a shame.

Might do what I did last time and turn up well after the party's underway.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Eh? The torch is absolutely necessary in certain areas. I'm talking ToG blackness.
  • That's reassuring.
  • Brooks wrote:
    That's reassuring.

The 'training' area is very dark and the torches definately help see what's going on, where the walls/doors are, etc.
  • How is the only having one estus going? Do the life gems alleviate the lack of initial flasks?

• Anyone know if you can be invaded on 360 without a gold subscription on live?

Btw standard edition 31 quid at game until midnight. Use code DIEDIEDIE
  • Just got 4 magic words texted to me from my Mordor shop keeper.

dark souls in stock
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Mikemsp wrote:
    How is the only having one estus going? Do the life gems alleviate the lack of initial flasks?

You get Estus upgrades on your travels. Both quantity and how much health they regen. The life gems help out in the early stages, yes.
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    How is the only having one estus going? Do the life gems alleviate the lack of initial flasks?

You get an upgrade to your estus fairly early on and there are gems all over the place.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    You can actually jump down the well in this one. And it's awesome!
  • That sounds cool as I didn't even know there was a well!

Is the 'structure' of the game similar to the last entry so far?

E.g Complete a couple of minor objectives and then unlock the main quest?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!