PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    According to wikipedia it was in Australia and possibly Europe.

Nice, I only discovered it (for both GBA and Wii) years after the Wii came out, so I'm probably just slow off the mark.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I think there was a sequel on the GC too, might be worth tracking down if you have a freeloader?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Can't beat a bit of spinny stick action.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Mario 64. Such a huge leap forward in many ways. I can't think of another game that so profoundly changed so much.
  • Was Street Fighter II a launch game for EU SNES? It was definitely a bundled game at the first Christmas.
  • Was Street Fighter II a launch game for EU SNES? It was definitely a bundled game at the first Christmas.

Wasn't launch no. It was the big hitter in Oct/Nov from what I remember. SNES launched in the April.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • i can confirm this as I got mine for chrimbo.

what a box

Nintendo-Super-Nintendo-Street-Fighter-2.jpg
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • My grandfather bought me the SNES on Day 1 which as we all know was bundled with Super Mario World.  The annoying thing about that was that the game didn't come with a box!  The cartridge was just stuck in a see through plastic bag.

I also bought Street Fighter II on Day 1 from Toys R Us.  I sold my NES to fund it.  65 quid that game cost me!  Came in a gold box.

And some complain about game prices today!
  • Also, what launched with the DS? Its one of biggest selling systems of all time.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Super Mario 64 DS launched with the DS giving it the honour of best launch game on two separate platforms.
  • it was a bit shit on the ds no? although you could play using other characters which was kinda cool
  • Yeah I think it's unplayable with the d-pad. It's fine on the 3DS though.
  • hmm, i bet its actually pretty good on that. Might have to get myself a copy now. do you have a copy?
  • Plan_XIII wrote:
    My grandfather bought me the SNES on Day 1 which as we all know was bundled with Super Mario World.  The annoying thing about that was that the game didn't come with a box!  The cartridge was just stuck in a see through plastic bag.

I also bought Street Fighter II on Day 1 from Toys R Us.  I sold my NES to fund it.  65 quid that game cost me!  Came in a gold box.

And some complain about game prices today!

Yeah that was annoying, try and find a boxed version on ebay and it'll set you back a pretty penny.

I sold a few NES games to fund my SNES purchase, was lucky enough to get SFII from Santa so I never suffered the hefty price tag.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • mk64 wrote:
    hmm, i bet its actually pretty good on that. Might have to get myself a copy now. do you have a copy?

Sounds vaguely threatening.
  • monkey wrote:
    Yeah I think it's unplayable with the d-pad. It's fine on the 3DS though.

I've wondering about that. I gave up after about 25 stars on the DS because of the shite controls.

Remember this:
    thumbstrap.jpg

Even Nintendo gave up on that by the time the DSlite came out.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • mk64 wrote:
    hmm, i bet its actually pretty good on that. Might have to get myself a copy now. do you have a copy?
    No just recently flogged it on Amazon. You could have had it if we'd had this conversation a couple of weeks ago.
  • JMW wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    Sounds vaguely threatening.

lol, was going to ask if i could borrow it
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    I think there was a sequel on the GC too, might be worth tracking down if you have a freeloader?

Yeah - it's called Kururin Squash and it's excellent - supports up to 4 players in a variety of modes too. Pretty cheap and works with the freeloader fine on GC or Wii.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Mario 64
    Wii Sports
    Tetris
    Halo CE (probably)
  • Fuck! List revised. 

Gwars
    SM64
    SSX
  • Geometry Wars
    Halo
    Super Monkey Ball
  • Geometry Wars would have got an honourable mention if I'd have remembered about it but it's still not getting in my top 3.
  • PGR 3 (Xbox 360)
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    Mario 64 (N64)
  • Geometry Wars was a key reason why I got a 360 would you believe. Dont know if it was a great launch title in so far as bringing attention to the machine but it did showcase the XLA idea really well.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Mario 64 Virtua Fighter Super Monkey Ball

this
  • 1. Halo CE
    2. Mario 64
    3. SMW

Surely!?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!