Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    He’s certainly the best thing in The Green Knight, which I thought was a mess of a film tbh. And thought he was excellent in Banshees. Don’t think I’ve seen him in anything else.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I'm constantly impressed by Barry Keoghan, not only his acting ability but his choice of roles. He doesn't seem to have done anything purely for the paycheck yet, all solid films.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Killing a Sacred Deer, Dunkirk, Calm with Horses. Also pops up in Chernobyl and Top Boy. Love Hate if anyone watched that.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cheers. Have seen Dunkirk, but again didn’t rate it. Will give the other two a go.
  • Also The Eternals and his cut scene as Joker in the RBatz film.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The guy is from one one the worst areas of Dublin and had a really rough upbringing so I'm delighted to see him do we'll for himself. Where he's from the furthest people usually go is prison.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    djchump wrote:
    Also The Eternals and his cut scene as Joker in the RBatz film.

Pretty sure I blanked out all of Eternals. Such a bad film.
  • Calm with Horses is a cracker.
  • 67. The Ruins
    Four young American tourists stray off of the beaten path on holiday in Mexico and find that the extremely agitated locals who won't let them leave the ruins are the least of their problems. Good gory fun. 6
    Gamertag: gremill
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's from the book, right?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Lola Rather clever take on the found footage genre - a young woman creates a machine that captures TV and radio signals from the future in the late 1930s.  Saying any more would spoil. Splendid, tidy tale. On BFI.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Troll Hunter
    A snowy weekend felt like the perfect moment to rewatch this ‘found footage’ classic. It still stands up. Just right amount of silly versus just the right amount of actual tension. Great stuff.
  • Couldn’t find the original Norwegian version with subtitles on any of the streaming/rental services though. They all had a dubbed English soundtrack instead, which just didn’t work for me. Spoiled the immersion. Had to break out the Blu-Ray disc instead.
  • davyK wrote:
    Lola Rather clever take on the found footage genre - a young woman creates a machine that captures TV and radio signals from the future in the late 1930s.  Saying any more would spoil. Splendid, tidy tale. On BFI.

Excellent, I’ve been wanting to see that. (With music by Neil Hannon?)
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah. The music is well used and is woven into the narrative at one point. Very ambitious film actually.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Oh and by the way - Stefanie Martini is absolutely gorgeous in it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Troll Hunter A snowy weekend felt like the perfect moment to rewatch this ‘found footage’ classic. It still stands up. Just right amount of silly versus just the right amount of actual tension. Great stuff.

Loved this. The goat on the bridge scene.  :)
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    That's from the book, right?

Yeah. Not as good, obviously.
  • 52. Assault on Precinct 13 - 1 Dec
    Classic 70's B-movie from John Carpenter, his second feature film which he wrote and directed and even did the score for. Can see glimpses of his other later films in there.
    [7]

53. Infernal Affairs III - 2 Dec
    An unecessary sequel possibly playing on the success of the previous two films. Didn't feel like they developed the characters much any further or take advantage of their complexities from the previous films and go with that, but nonetheless entertaining and sentimental. Could've been better.
    [7]

54. Dune - 3 Dec
    First time seeing this since the opening weekend at the cinema, enjoyed a little more this time given I know what to expect. And what I should expect is that the book is either unfilmable or just doesn't translate very well to the screen. Sure, it is an audiovisual treat as it should be and I expected nothing less from Villeneuve, but I just found it a bit dull in places. I'll be more generous that I was last time (I think).
    [7]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 131. Thanksgiving
    Eli Roth isn't a very good director but luckily slashers don't need them to be. This is a solid thing, it's nice that it's just a straight up slasher with no self-aware stuff which is the norm these days. It's still full of Roth bro characters and their put-upon gfs but there's some fun moments and set-pieces. Some weird edits though where I think a few shots could have lingered longer for tension purposes
    [5]

132. Godzilla Minus One
    I haven't seen any of the more recent Japanese Godzillas but this one does seem to take the more US approach to the movie by making it a more personal tale than a big political thing like I understand other Japanese Godzillas are. Luckily it's a really good personal story which is soap-acted at times but I found it a satisfying story with more emotional weight than I was expecting. Cool monster effects and visual ideas throughout obviously. Pretty great.
    [8]

133. Paddington
    Continuing the tradition of a Paddington birthday watch. Number 2 is my favourite but this is still a lovely film, just one that's a bit more tuned towards a younger audience I think.
    [8]

134. Paddington 2
    We've done this dance before. It's perfect. Makes me laugh and makes me cry every time.
    [10]

135. Stop Making Sense
    One more IMAX screening meant I was able to catch this. I haven't seen it before, was good to see it on the big screen. I was expecting the stage production to have a little bit more going on as it's called The Best Concert Film Ever and the way the stage was constructed at the start made me think it would be more than just a regular concert filmed well. But it's still a lot of fun and the songs are great obviously.
    [8]
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Hearing good things about Godzilla minus one. Is a must for big screen I'm guessing.
  • 131. Thanksgiving
    Eli Roth isn't a very good director but luckily slashers don't need them to be. This is a solid thing, it's nice that it's just a straight up slasher with no self-aware stuff which is the norm these days. It's still full of Roth bro characters and their put-upon gfs but there's some fun moments and set-pieces. Some weird edits though where I think a few shots could have lingered longer for tension purposes
    [5]

132. Godzilla Minus One
    I haven't seen any of the more recent Japanese Godzillas but this one does seem to take the more US approach to the movie by making it a more personal tale than a big political thing like I understand other Japanese Godzillas are. Luckily it's a really good personal story which is soap-acted at times but I found it a satisfying story with more emotional weight than I was expecting. Cool monster effects and visual ideas throughout obviously. Pretty great.
    [8]

133. Paddington
    Continuing the tradition of a Paddington birthday watch. Number 2 is my favourite but this is still a lovely film, just one that's a bit more tuned towards a younger audience I think.
    [8]

134. Paddington 2
    We've done this dance before. It's perfect. Makes me laugh and makes me cry every time.
    [10]

135. Stop Making Sense
    One more IMAX screening meant I was able to catch this. I haven't seen it before, was good to see it on the big screen. I was expecting the stage production to have a little bit more going on as it's called The Best Concert Film Ever and the way the stage was constructed at the start made me think it would be more than just a regular concert filmed well. But it's still a lot of fun and the songs are great obviously.
    [8]

I'm still awaiting your thoughts on Beau! Love that you love Paddington 2 though - it might be the perfect film and is the only reason I'm willing to entertain the new Wonka.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yes Shabster needs to hurry up with Beau. And Red Rooms.
  • Yes Shabster needs to hurry up with Beau. And Red Rooms.

That's a good point. What did you think of Beau?

I watched a random 10 mins of it this morning and there's something about it that I love. It's parts are greater than it's sum.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's a fantastiic trippy thing with the closest depiction to a mental, physical, anxious psychotic breakdown I've ever seen portrayed on screen. Drags in a couple of places but I absolutely love it.

Its quite similar to Babylon in that regard that if you go in expecting something, anything, it will disappoint. Just enjoy the ride. Babylon is freaking amazing too.
  • Yeah, agree with that. My wife asked what I was watching and I explained it as "a 3 hour anxiety attack on film". She couldn't understand why I would want to watch that given my own history of the same, but...if you know you know.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah there are people I would not recommend it to, wouldn't be a good experience. Please watch Babylon btw if you haven't Grem. Put it on again now and loving jt.
  • I really fancy Babylon but the trailer put the Mrs right off. I suspect it might be solo pleasure one day.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Its just a glorious number of really well done scenes/sequences with a loose plot. Done brilliantly though. It is very relentless.
  • I am 100% into all style and no substance.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!