Movie Record 2023 Edition
  • I might treat myself to Final Destination 2 at some point. Only seen the first one iirc.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I saw the original at the cinema. Most of them are quite fun.
    Get schwifty.
  • Is 5 the one that links it back to the guy from the first one? Thats probably my favourite.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    @Shabby not so much evolution as devolution. Was the second one the one that opened with the highway scene? I recall thinking that was very well done at the time.

Yeah, still holds up. Really good editing and pacing of it. It's the big thing that's missing from all the other openers which feel slow and not particularly exciting. All the effects in that one do actually. The behind the scenes of it are interesting. Shows how much practical they used and the clever way they stitched it together.
  • Is 5 the one that links it back to the guy from the first one? Thats probably my favourite.

Yeah. There's actually some nice references and connections throughout the series with the names of businesses and such carrying through.
  • 25. John Wick
    Still great fun, with a ludicrous body count and some brilliant set pieces of carnage. 8
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Fede Alverez is doing the new Alien film. That’ll be interesting.

I'm not sure it will, it's an Aliens film.

the recent series of shorts based in the aliens world proved that good storytelling is still possible in that universe. I liked the mining one and the one with the android trapped on the lifeboat with a facehugger

Ooh. How do I find these?

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLraFbwCoisJApbIN0n2WRyliwHo2nSU3o

PSN - minkymu
  • all of those film prove to me there is life in the Alien universe provided Ridley Scott is kept out the way
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Man speaks truth.
  • Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga
    Yes, we watched it after the actual Eurovision finished. First time I’ve seen it all the way through. Some of the songs were better than the real ones.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Fede Alverez is doing the new Alien film. That’ll be interesting.

I'm not sure it will, it's an Aliens film.

the recent series of shorts based in the aliens world proved that good storytelling is still possible in that universe. I liked the mining one and the one with the android trapped on the lifeboat with a facehugger

Ooh. How do I find these?

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLraFbwCoisJApbIN0n2WRyliwHo2nSU3o

Thanks for alerting me to these. They were…okay. Maybe Containment was the best one?
    Get schwifty.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Is 5 the one that links it back to the guy from the first one? Thats probably my favourite.
    Yeah. There's actually some nice references and connections throughout the series with the names of businesses and such carrying through.

Love these films!!

The bit at the end where they end up on the plane from the first one still gets me all pumped, even after 5 viewings!

Can't wait for the next one!

Love these films!!

The bit at the end where they end up on the plane from the first one still gets me all pumped, even after 5 viewings!

Can't wait for the next one!

Well that's a spoiler right there
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace

Been a while since I watched it and wondered if the bad bits were as bad as I recall. Yes and even more so. Yet two things stand out as really very well done. The dual with Darth Maul is Jedi kicking off as you expected them to and is enjoyably choreographed. The score is top Williams, parts of it equalling if not bettering some of the OG trilogy. In future think I should just listen to the music.
  • Just listen to Duel of The Fates and save yourself the heartache
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s ok it’s worse tonight I’m watching Lucas trying to direct a love story with Episode II.
  • Just set your TV on fire.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The music is still good. I bet Williams was watching it thinking can they put this on a better film.
  • I don't like Star Wars. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
    SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Final Destination 2.

Load of old bollocks. Fell asleep.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • hahahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • *cough*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • 51. We Bought a Zoo [6]
    Odd Cameron Crowe movie featuring a decent perormances from Matt Damon and Scarlett Johanson and some good moments but the film doesnt come together to make the most of it all. Even the usual solid soundtrack from a Cameron Crowe movie feels random and a little phoned in.

52. Encanto [7]
    Charming Disney fare. One of the more likable leads in a Disney movie, hummable tunes and some gorgeous visuals.

53. Guardians of the Galaxy [8]
    One of the better Marvel movies that can stand on its own as just a good sci-fi. Good cast and great set-pieces.  

54. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 [8]
    Not as consistent a movie as the first but the highs are higher. Suffers from the same sprawl as Suicide Squad but its still a wonderufl sprawl. Hoping to end the series on a high with number 3.

55. The Shawshank Redemption [10]
    This was on TV and my wife decided to watch it. Despite having seen it numerous times, once again I was drawn in to one of the finest movies ever. No idea what the greatest movie is, but Shawdhank can definitly put itself into the conversation. Frank Darabont takes a simple tale, perfectly shoots it with an excellent cast.
    SFV - reddave360
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yes with Shawshank. I can honestly say it is a perfect film. I still can’t recall when I first watched it, like a lot I’m guessing it was after its cinema release and years after I read the short story by King. But since first buying it on DVD it is a film I’ve probably watched more than anything else yet never find it anything other than compelling to watch.
  • That film made Morgan Freemans career tbh. Yet strangely did nothing for Tim Robbins. It also highlighted what an absolute beast Clancey Brown was
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Clancy is great but the really bad guy in Gunton is just exceptional.

I’d always assumed that Robbins already had a solid career. Can’t recall the dates but stuff like Jacob’s Ladder and Hudsucker Proxy had, I believe, came out.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    That film made Morgan Freemans career tbh. Yet strangely did nothing for Tim Robbins. It also highlighted what an absolute beast Clancey Brown was

The earliest I can remember Freeman is Robin Hood or maybe driving Miss Daisy (a film I've never seen but it seemed to get spoofed pretty heavily at the time) Cant remember him in younger roles.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Add Glory to that. Unforgiven maybe? I think Seven was after Shawshank
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Glory and Unforgiven are both top tier films.
  • yes tbf glory, driving miss daisy , unforgiven etc were all pre shawshank. but shawshank cemented his posityand will forever be the role he is famous for imo
    PSN - minkymu

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!