• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I saw the trailer with one hand over my left eye so maybe that's why the trailer only looked half decent to me.

Which D did you see in the trailer then?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Not the one that I couldn’t see. The other one.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • For some of you
    An' if you think I don't mean what I say and I'm only bluffin'/you got another thing comin' I'm tellin' you that for nuffin'. Genuine genius.
    Love some Chas & Dave. It's on the playlist all morning. I often sing "rabbit" to my wife when she won't stop talking

Our house move has taken us to within walking distance of Margate. Wife, as you can imagine, is thrilled with what this means as a regular earworm...
  • Another banger. Aside from the fact that it's Jim Davidson country I love a bit of actual Margate too.
  • Going to be interesting to see what happens to it over the next five to ten years, that's for sure - looking forward to experiencing a summer in and around the area having moved at the end of last year. To return my conversation splinter back to topic, for anyone that hasn't quite got round to seeing Empire of Light yet (it's on Disney+ now) it's set in the cinema by Margate beach...nothing like I expected it to be as a film, but was glad I'd watched it when reflecting on what I'd seen the day after if that makes sense?

This is now our local cinema, it's incredibly close and only £4.50 a film every day for the nice seats. Looking forward to getting back into watching things on the big screen now that the release calendar's starting to churn into action again.
  • Tetris
    Cheesy, scenery-chewing, but fun. The true story of the race to get the global rights to Tetris in Soviet Russia. A better film than it should be, but not as good as I wanted it to be.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I enjoyed it for the most part and having read the fact checks, am surprised by how much in it was accurate. They didn’t need the extra “dramatical” threads and scenes in it tbh, would have worked better more in the vein of Pirates of Silicone Valley.
  • 17. You People
    Terrible culture clash romantic comedy that manages to be almost completely devoid of laughs and made me depressed about the future of humanity. 2
    Gamertag: gremill
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Reads like a [7]
  • Not been watching as much so far this year. Catch-up write-up time, though.

6. The Gray Man - 10/3
    Flu movie 1. Stupid, even more stupid, but it was fun. Switch brain off, enjoy.
    [6]

7. Star Trek Beyond - 12/3
    Flu movie 2. Thought I hadn't seen this before. Turns out I had, I had just forgotten that I had as it is mostly a forgettable movie. Still, it held my attention enough which is something I guess, and there are some really good visual sections.
    [6]

8. Spectre - 12/3
    Flu movie 3. This was a bit borig and shit. Don't think I actually like Bond movies much (anymore).
    [5]

9. Looper - 13/3
    Flu movie 4. Enjoyed this. Head hurt while watching it, not the best time to watch this sort of thing, when you have a flu. But it was all intriguing and quite clever.
    [8]

10. John Wick: Chapter 4 - 13/3
    Having only recently seen the first 3, I was looking forward to this and it didn't disappoint. Great action, great scenes, great music, just a tad too long.
    [7]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Spectre was good when Holtz was on the screen.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Asphyx Hokey old 70s horror based upon the premise of being able to summon one's own personal angel of Death (aka one's Asphyx) in order to capture it, Ghostbusters style, and gain immortality.  Good fun - especially during the scenes involving summoning the angel of death by going through staged executions. A right old lark but really only for those who love a Hammer/Amicus style tale.

*forgot to mention - spotted "Roy" from Eastenders in support. :)
  • John Wick
    Caught this on TV. Missed the first 10 minutes or so but like all good action films, it sucks you in. While later films will spoil the mythos, the first film gives just enough to keep things interesting. Keanu never looked better. Style over substance but what style. [8]

Dungeons and Dragons: Honour Amongst Thieves

Great little yarn that owes a lot to the better marvel movies of the phase 2/3 era but also has an enjoyable 80s vibe. Doesnt take itself too serious but doesnt over do the jokes either, The movie has enough twists to keep things going and the cast works well together. Also liked that there is only the barest hints of potential sequels in this. [7]
    SFV - reddave360
  • Creed

Well acted although it does feel a bit lightweight. Both Jordan and Stallone are great but I kinda felt the movie is dragged out a touch too long. The final bout is good but lacks the ott fun and drama of the rocky movies [6]
    SFV - reddave360
  • Rocky might be the most consistent long running franchise, pound for pound. It's had a major wobble, but even V isn't entirely without merit imo. Creed's not great (the bikes in the street bit is awful) but it's also enjoyable for what it is, especially whenever the theme tune kicks in.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Godzilla (2014)

In parts this was worse than I remember but in others better than I remember. The big lad is superbly created in this.
  • 32. Game Night
    After watching DnD I wanted to go back to their previous film again. It shows that they're good at crafting a gag and that they don't mind filming a comedy more interestingly than most. Jesse Plemons is a stand out in this.
    [6]

33. Only Lovers Left Alive
    Love me some Jarmusch. Not sure why it took me so long to watch it. Very good stuff with the leads really selling an eternal relationship. Quietly funny and with some bangin' music.
    [8]
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So Murder Mystery was pretty silly, but vaguely amusing in points as a holiday watch
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    So Murder Mystery was pretty silly, but vaguely amusing in points as a holiday watch
    There’s a sequel just come out as well I think.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah that's kinda why we watched the first, might watch it this arvo...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I like reading American parents' reviews of movies, in terms of age suitability for kids. AFAICT, references to genitalia seem routinely more ok than "taking the lord's name in vain".
  • Super Mario Bros - The Movie [4]
    Oh I really wanted to like this more but the fact is, its very much a kids movie. There's some food nods to Mario and Nintendo history but thats about all a parent can expect to be honest. There's no real cleverness to the plot or how the story moves forward. Kids loved it though so very much for the market its going for.  Found it very dull which is odd for a movie so faithful in design to its origins.

Curious how the Hoskins version holds up...
    SFV - reddave360
  • Watched it not long ago.

It's shit but nostalgic.
    Not just the actual movie but nostalgic for a time without CG everything and things weren't so micromanaged by brand teams.

Also entertaining enough, it's fun, just bad.
  • Creed 2 [6]
    I'm trying to put my finger on why the creed series doesnt land in the same way Rocky did. The acting is decent, the boxing scenes are good, plots are fine but I think the issue is with Creed himself. He's not actually that likable or endearing. Its not thathe doesnt have to overcome obstacles but he tends to go against everyone around him and push them away ALL the time. 

Creed 2 doesnt help by having a very muddled concept. Its playing off Rocky 4 obviously but it misses a key point. Whereas in Rocky 4, Rocky was set against a guy who had actually killed a guy, in Creed 2 everyone is warning Creed not to take the fight because... not sure? Surely if you are at pro champ level, every fight has a danger element and Young Drago is not a killer like his pop. It all felt very unearned. 

Not terrible, and i think the Drago family stuff is actually the most interesting thing but cant say I'm geared up for Creed 3.
    SFV - reddave360
  • 34. Mario Movie
    Brand recognition does all the work. It really is a shame that more care wasn't put into the scripting as was put into the animation. Years and years of work on an embarrassingly bare bones bit of writing. For me it peaked with the silly dog scene at the start.
    [4]

35. The Naked Gun
    Not much needs to be said really. Still a classic.
    [8]
  • Operation Fortune
    A typical Guy Ritchie caper with Jason Statham and Hugh Grant. Aubrey Plaza steals every scene she’s in, and raises it just a smidgeon above ‘adequate’.

3000 Years of Longing
    A fairy tale of sorts. Tilda Swinton as an academic who buys a bottle with a genie inside. Idris Elba as the djinn. She studies stories and knows that nothing good ever comes from wishing. The two strike up a friendship and the djinn tells her his incredible life story. It’s a little bit Baron Munchausen. An unusual and striking film.

Meet Cute
    Shit self-conscious rom-com with that annoying girl from The Flight Attendant as a suicide risk who time travels back 24 hours to re-run her one good date over and over again. Pretty awful.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I dislike the term 'meet cute' but look forward to a horror film playing on the idea with a 'meat chute'.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Meat Cute VR

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!