Movie Record 2022 Edition
  • LivDiv wrote:
    20. Alita Battle Angel
    Absolute shite. 2 hours of audio and visual noise. Its ugly as sin with zero depth.
    [1]

1 point for the CG work?

• Yeah. Strictly for some of the technical accomplishment because artistically it was horrible.
  • The Tinder Swindler
    I’m not really into true crime stuff but this exposé of a con man was well put together. Deserves a [7].
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    30. Turning Red
    It’s not top tier Pixar but even so there’s plenty to enjoy. Lots of well observed touches throughout and well rounded characters. It was a bit overlong and the final third was a bit dry of laughs but there were plenty of brilliantly funny moments and heart in the film overall to make it a worthwhile watch. Looks fantastic too, of course. [7]
  • poprock wrote:
    The Tinder Swindler
    I’m not really into true crime stuff but this exposé of a con man was well put together. Deserves a [7].

I keep misreading this title as The Tilda Swinton
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • She's in it I think. Unless my colleague was irked by my question and lied.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    She's in it I think. Unless my colleague was irked by my question and lied.

Why isn't it called "Tilda Swintons Tinder Swindler"?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • He stood next to her at a Nick Cave concert once so reckons he's a bit of an authority on all things Swindleton.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Jojo Rabbit starts off as quite a broad satire but takes a turn off that road into something else. This is a great film - squeezed a tear or two out of me - not afraid to admit.

The cast are universally superb in this enigma of a film - impossible to categorise or forget.

Watching this at this particular time makes me war weary and pretty disconsolate about the state of the world right now - but as the poet Rilke is quoted at the end, No feeling is final.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • JoJo

The
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    heh.
  • 29. Knives Out
    A rewatch, but because I didn't really remember much of it (although as it progressed I remembered more) I really enjoyed it as over again. Superb cast, great script and very funny at times. 8

30. The Matrix
    One of the most 90s movies of the 90s. Very Green and at times a bit cringe it's still a cracking action romp even though a lot of it has been memes to death and has lost a bit of its impact. 8
    Gamertag: gremill
  • 29. Fresh
    Aw man, it started so well (love seeing the Searchlight intro again) but it was just so haphazard once it got more horror-y. It was also too long.
    [4]
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’ve heard nothing but good about Fresh (until now!).  Looking forward to giving it a try.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I found Fresh to be great personally, top fun. Agreed on the length though
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Lighthouse What is this? Psychological thriller or horror film? Maybe both.

I certainly wasn't expecting what I got that's for sure. There's a ton of stuff going on here, Insanity, sexuality, isolation, toxic masculinity, alcohol, secrets, seawater and rain, the foghorn, the light - all adding up to the adventure holiday from hell..

A remarkable film and will require a rewatch at some point. Pattinson is unrecognisable in this alongside Defoe who is comfortably at home in this but equally brilliant.
  • The Lighthouse is a comedy. A very dark comedy. Took me a little while into it to realise that I was allowed to laugh.

I found Fresh to be great personally, top fun. Agreed on the length though
    Spoiler:
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There is comedy in there. The situation itself lends to it. There were times I chuckled. But it gets very dark and screwed up in places.
  • 30. Come True
    I love that Shudder is another avenue for horror films to be made but dang I feel this should have been a bigger release. Would have been amazing on a cinema screen. Amazing CG work. The writing was a bit on the nose at times though.
    [8 with the writing, 9 for everything else]

Made my sound system worthwhile too. Although my neighbours might disagree.
    Spoiler:

Now this is where Raz explains what everything means to me.
  • davyK wrote:
    There is comedy in there. The situation itself lends to it. There were times I chuckled. But it gets very dark and screwed up in places.

"What?"

It is only just moments of comedy but I love that he had that in there. It has a bit of everything really, as you say.

Can't wait for his next one. He's been very coy about it with the story and how it was shot.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Flatulence always, and will always, extract a laugh.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Hurray! @Shabby saw Come True!

Regarding what’s going…
    Spoiler:
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Hurray! @Shabby saw Come True!

Regarding what’s going…
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    @Shabby
    Spoiler:
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    @Shabby
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • 31. Seaspiracy
    Guy who loves oceans but, apparently, never watched The Cove digs into the fishing industry. Even though it's very one-sided it really does paint a fire and sad picture. I think deep down we know how harmful fishing practices are and if this is even partially true then we're still fucked
    [7]
  • The first pictures of Nic Cage as Count Dracula are out!

4-AAA76-E1-8-A31-486-B-BF40-0-E9-ADF73-F461.jpg
    PSN - minkymu
  • Albino Hugh Hefner.
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!