Movie Record 2021 Edition
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Die Hard was an unintentional watch. Stumbled across it on normal TV. I had forgot how much fun there is here and how many iconic scenes it has - Willis in the ducting, hanging from the hosepipe etc. Great stuff.

Also was a jolt to see how broad the FBI agents were painted - portrayed as complete hostage killing yee-hah arseholes. Ludicrous but again a great old laugh. Great stuff. And Rickman is stupendously good - far , far better than I remember. He must have had a ball doing this.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Guardians of The Galaxy - rewatching some of the great Marvel films on Disney+ in the Enhanced IMAX format. Still a great entertaining film start to finish, Marvel at its best.
  • Dune
    It feels like the book, in exactly the way David Lynch’s attempt didn’t. So it’s a win in my book. Nails the appropriate vibe.
  • 43. Matrix Resurrections - 24 Dec
    I’m sorry. What was the point of this movie, why did it exist? I think there’s a line in the movie itself that probably answers that, something about just making another sequel. I didn’t enjoy any part of this movie at all and it’s full of trash cliches. Even the action wasn’t enjoyable. The movie does absolutely nothing well or new or anything. Only giving it a 4 as I still managed to sit through it all without getting too bored.
    [4]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Reads like a [7]
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • It’s a Wonderful Life
    This goes without comment, right? First time I’ve actually watched it on a TV instead of at a cinema.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Krampus watched. Enjoyed that and going on my regular Christmas list. Got a nice Gremlins feel to it.

Yeah Krampus is great
  • What made you watch Muriel's Wedding Webbins?
    You should check out Strictly Ballroom if you haven't already. I'm guessing you've also watched Wake in Fright as well?
  • 82. Muppets Christmas Carol
    This gets better every time I watch it. 9
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Into the Woods
    First half is still better than the second. It’s all downhill after ‘Agony’. Anyway, best panto ever. RIP Sondheim.
  • 44. Ponyo - 25 Dec
    Watching with the kids. I was impressed when I first saw this and still think it’s pretty average. Kids didn’t enjoy it much either.  
    [5]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Slept through half of Christmas Chronicles but what I saw was fun.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The one kid was a cringe actor as I recalled. And that music scene in the jail… oof.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Its a mixed bag all right. See what I did there?
  • That's Home Alone and Die Hard doon. The sequels to follow tomorrow.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 83. Zombieland Double Tap
    Wasn't expecting much as I'd heard it was a poor sequel to a great film, but I really really enjoyed it. It was as funny and violent as the first one and really revelled in its own ludicrousness. Great fun. 8
  • I thought exactly the same. Enjoyed it as much as the first.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Yeah I watched that earlier this year not expecting much and thoroughly enjoyed it. I should rewatch the original.
  • Cast is great and i thought Zoey Deutch was incredible - amazing timing and managed to low-key steal each scene.
  • Aye, as sequels go, it's top tier stuff.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yep. Certainly helps when your entire main cast are top draw actors too

It's like when Philip Seymour Hoffman turned up in Hunger Games and upped the quality of the film by 200%
  • 84. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
    Better than I expected it to be and visually absolutely stunning at times - but it was too long and when stuff was happening, it seemed to take ages to happen with scenes being 30-60 seconds longer than they needed to be. 6

85. Commando
    Peak 80s b-movie action nonsense. 7

86. Don't Look Up
    Well, now. I cannot understand some of the negative reviews that this has been getting - it was absolutely tremendous. A real gem from start to finish - smart, funny and terrifyingly believable. 9
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    December films watched, not in order.

Scrooged my favourite version of the Scrooge classic. Murray nails it as does the wonderful ghost of Christmas present.

Die Hard what’s to say. Action Christmas classic.

Die Hard 2: Die Harder I like it equally to the original mainly due to the snowy setting.

Guardians of the Galaxy Marvel on top form. I still recall Empire previewing this years ago and thinking how shit it was going to be. Oh how wrong was I.

Guardians of The Galaxy: Vol 2 Not as good as the original it’s still a looker on the OLED and the soundtrack is, I’d argue a smidge better than the first film.

The Holiday formulaic Christmas rom com that elevates itself above the channel 5 level thanks to the quality of the cast. I still enjoy it at Christmas.

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York a better setting than the original and it’s always worth watching Tim Curry in pretty much anything.

The Santa Clause 1,2 and 3 starting out as a mid tier film the sequels get progressively worse.

Elf everything that The Santa Clause is not, Elf is clearly a great Christmas film with Will Ferrell having fun in New York.

Frozen technically not a Christmas film but it has snow, songs and a singing snowman so it’s a winner in my eyes.

Krampus brilliant dark take of what happens to selfish people at Christmas. Not one for the little uns.

It’s A Wonderful Life the ultimate Christmas film. Timeless classic and I never well up at the end. Oh no.

Last Christmas Emilia Clarke moves from bumbling idiot to someone seriously falling apart, solid cast and well told tale of someone who’s life is shit at Christmas.

Love Actually standard issue Curtis rom com you know what you are getting.

The Muppet Christmas Carol Michael Caine getting completely out acted by some muppets. Catchy songs and a great version of Scrooge.

Nativity set just a few miles away in Cov a British attempt at a Christmas comedy with clearly not much budget but saved by the kids who range from terrible to genuinely funny. I don’t think any of them were actors.

Rush F1 battle between Hunt and Lauda. A brilliant slice of sporting action and strength of human spirit. Even if you’re not an F1 fan you should watch this.

• I rate Nativity, top tier cast and just a lot of fun.
  • Eurovision: The Story of Fire Saga
    All the ingredients are wrong but the results are so right. It’s funny, heartwarming and not actually a pisstake after all.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I rate Nativity, top tier cast and just a lot of fun.

Seconded

PSN - minkymu
  • Finally saw Spiderman No Way Home and wow.... Just wow. Was everything I wanted.
    Perfect
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • poprock wrote:
    Eurovision: The Story of Fire Saga
    All the ingredients are wrong but the results are so right. It’s funny, heartwarming and not actually a pisstake after all.

It's such a great movie.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    A few more…

Office Christmas Party crass American comedy with a few good bits and Bateman is watchable.

Don’t Look Up just go watch it it’s great.

Crimson Peak missed this and don’t know why. Great setting and style even if the story was a bit obvious. Great cast and usual bonus point for Chastain being in it. Old Del Toro loves a face smashing eh?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    A few more…

Office Christmas Party crass American comedy with a few good bits and Bateman is watchable.

Don’t Look Up just go watch it it’s great.

Crimson Peak missed this and don’t know why. Great setting and style even if the story was a bit obvious. Great cast and usual bonus point for Chastain being in it. Old Del Toro loves a face smashing eh?

Ok, I'll watch Don't Look Up

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!