Movie Record 2021 Edition
  • 3 hour drama. Sounds interesting. What makes you so keen for it?
  • Drive My Car tomorrow. Hype for it.

For page turn
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    3 hour drama. Sounds interesting. What makes you so keen for it?

Japan's entry for the Oscars, based on a Murakami short story. Reviews are insane. Three Cannes awards.

It leaked earlier. Also I thought this was the general film thread lol
  • I seen it. Liked it. Only issue was uncomfortable seats in the cinema. Also, it’s not really much of a cinema movie. Also also, as it was 3 hours long with no interval, I avoided coffee (and all drinks actually) beforehand so that I won’t need the loo halfway through. So instead I was falling asleep with an hour to go and struggled through the last 30 minutes.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Red Notice
    A plastic emptiness of a buddy/heist movie, all surface and nothing beneath. Fun enough to pass the time, but completely forgettable.
  • 40. The Amazing Spider-Man - 11 Dec
    Garfield is shit. The villain and action is shit. Nice to see Irfan Khan though, RIP. And Emma Stone is gorgeous. Extra point for that.
    [6]
  • Garfield is definitely not shit. Better than Maguire but not as good as Holland
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Garfield is the best Peter Parker. Holland is the best Spiderman
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 41. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 12 Dec
    Garfield is shit. The villain and action is mostly shit - last fight with Electro was alright, I suppose.  Harry is shit.  This is worse than the first one.
    [5]
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Garfield is definitely the worst. I mean, who thought a cartoon cat would make a good Spider-Man?

Anyway, McGuire is the best. Can't stand this Stark suit Spider-Man, with all the shitty gadgets. #notmyspiderman
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Would enjoy seeing an Elf review for a [1] or [2] based on what gets a middling score :D
  • Hmmmm now you have me thinking what my worst movies are... I think I saw some stinkers last year.
  • I gave 3s to Rush Hour 2 and The Last Witch Hunter.  A 4 for Son of Godzilla, but that should probably be a 3 too.
  • Maybe I was in a bad mood. 3 was barely any better. I love the first one.
  • 120. Venom 2
    Superhero special effects films have definitely been better written than this for a long time. Weird pacing at times too but Hardy is entertaining in the role
    [5]

121. We're All Going to World's Fair
    Very competent indie with an interesting premise and story, and very good lead that sells the whole thing. An appetite for chill indie indie stuff is required.
    [8]

122. In The Earth
    I was expecting more Field in England style dream-feel than a regular movie but I quite enjoyed this. He really does have a knack for visceral sounds and visuals.
    [8]
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    94. The Lunchbox
    What a wonderful film. Really enjoyed the small focus of the story and the interactions between the two leads. It's got real depth and heart, and the right amount of funny moments for balance. Love that one of the best supporting actors is entirely off screen. Loved all of it in fact. [9]

95. Macbeth
    First adaptation I've ever seen. I'm terrible at understanding the detail of Shakespearean dialogue so feel I'm missing out but can follow well enough to keep up with the plot. It's an absolutely stunning film to look at and Fassbender is on top form (as are a couple of key supporting players) but overall felt a bit stretched. [6]
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Hmmmm now you have me thinking what my worst movies are... I think I saw some stinkers last year.

I'm not sure what a 1 or 2 would even be like. It'd have to be appallingly bad.

Last Night is Soho is one of the worst films I've seen for a while but it might still scrape a 3? Reminiscence is probably a 3.
  • You lads need to spend more time in the depths of Prime's action offerings.
  • Heh. I think Army of the Dead was a 1 or 2 for me because every shot of that film looked like shit so I couldn't get into it at all
  • poprock wrote:
    Red Notice
    A plastic emptiness of a buddy/heist movie, all surface and nothing beneath. Fun enough to pass the time, but completely forgettable.

Yar, was incredibly, almost impressively middle of the road but can see the appeal. Wife picked it and hated it, she couldn’t even finish it. Which is saying something - I’ve never seen her turn stuff off early for being too shallow.
  • Also, Ryan Reynolds was very Ryan Reynolds in that movie and she isn’t one of those people who is like omg I love Ryan Reynolds he is so Ryan Reynolds. She liked Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds in Free Guy recently but that was enough Ryan Reynolds for her.
  • Reyan Rynolds' introduction to the timeline is overdue.
  • I laughed when Ryan Reynolds zoomed in on a bottle of Aviator gin, a brand owned by Ryan Reynolds, and made sure there was a long, lingering shot of the bottle followed by a whole scene centred around both the main characters really enjoying it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Krampus  Weird , funny, creepy and ludicrous in equal measure but never less than entertaining. Starts off looking like typical Hollywood Christmas romp - but this isn't that.

Good old Toni Collete. :)   I suspect she is just a little bit bonkers.

:)
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Also, Ryan Reynolds was very Ryan Reynolds in that movie and she isn’t one of those people who is like omg I love Ryan Reynolds he is so Ryan Reynolds. She liked Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds in Free Guy recently but that was enough Ryan Reynolds for her.

I mean, I really like Ryan Reynolds, but he's in danger of becoming too Ryan Reynolds and really needs to do something less Ryan Reynolds so that Ryan Reynolds doesn't become the only thing that Ryan Reynolds is known for.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • He has managed to rehabilitate himself after appearing in Green Lantern, one of the worst movies ever made. That alone deserves a bit of respect, I suppose.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Also, Ryan Reynolds was very Ryan Reynolds in that movie and she isn’t one of those people who is like omg I love Ryan Reynolds he is so Ryan Reynolds. She liked Ryan Reynolds being Ryan Reynolds in Free Guy recently but that was enough Ryan Reynolds for her.
    I mean, I really like Ryan Reynolds, but he's in danger of becoming too Ryan Reynolds and really needs to do something less Ryan Reynolds so that Ryan Reynolds doesn't become the only thing that Ryan Reynolds is known for.

He needs to Reyn it in?
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2

• 123. The Green Knight
    Just skirts the edge of pompous but the lush design and cinematography and the performances sold it.
    [8]

124. Spider-Man 2
    Still boggles my mind that other films at the time never figured out why this one was so good. It’s because it’s more about the people than it is the action stuff. So nice to watch a superhero film that obviously isn’t all green screen studio filmed
    [9]

125. Spiderman No Way Home
    Very scrappy at times but the best parts of it definitely hit some of those highest Marvel highs. Was helped by being in a packed cinema that was super pumped for it
    [8]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!