Movie Record 2021 Edition
  • I really want to watch possessor
    PSN - minkymu
  • 17. Spirited Away - 5 Apr
    Not seen in ages. So fun and beautiful. Kids loved it. The 2 hours absolutely flew by.
    [9]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Escape from Pretoria is a true story of an escape from a harsh South African political prison during apartheid.

Daniel Radcliffe effectively loses the Potter cape in this series of breath-holding close calls. An uplifting yarn as a tribute to ingenuity and stubborn fortitude against repression.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    I really want to watch possessor

Also me
  • It was Prime deal £1.99 (if you have Prime, obvs). That was on Friday, might still be but it has been so for a couple of weeks so may have rotated off.

Edit: rental that is.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    I really want to watch possessor

Also me

Also tentatively me

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Jarhead is one of the better war films I've seen, conveying the bombast, hell and madness of it all.

Gyllenhall is great in the lead - he has that wide eyed boyish quality and to see how he is affected by the experience makes it all the more compelling.

Not sure why I missed out when it first appeared. This is very good.
  • I haven't seen that in years.
    I should give it a watch as I will probably appreciate it more now.
  • Well fuck me Possesor has some proper dark bits
    PSN - minkymu
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Turn up the brightness.
  • Lol. I mean fucking grim. Lordy.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Not gonna lie some genuine hand over my mouth moments in that film. What a corker. Genuinely unsettling
    PSN - minkymu
  • I've bought possessor, just need to find time to watch it now. I'm off this week for half term, maybe make it a family film night?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Hmmm not sure, I'd exercise some caution, Sean Bean is in it and he's a bit of a cunt. Apart from that, something for all the family.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I might have to buy it too. It would definitely bear repeat viewing. Thought about it loads the next day. I was umming and arring between an 8.5 and a 9 but went with the latter as the final third pushed it up. I dare say there's another .5 after another watch as the appreciation settles in.
  • Yeah its a corker. I have thought about it for ages after, which is rare for films. I have a question about the ending scenes though.
    PSN - minkymu
  • I didn’t realise Sean Bean had such big ears
    PSN - minkymu
  • It's only a fiver on Prime to buy.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    For truly preposterous, nonsensical sci-fi on a grand scale it is hard to criticise The Wandering Earth. It's based on a novella by the author of the superb Three Body Problem trilogy - but this is no intelligent thoughtful piece of scifi.......

This is totally bonkers, out there stuff that I would love to see on the big screen. It's a Chinese production and they have thrown plenty of money at this - I quite liked the design and aesthetic of it.

What is admirable is that it's character driven too - teeny tiny people keep the film focussed against the ridiculous gi-normo-scaled scenario - keeping the whole thing from running away with itself - it remains a human (albeit hokey and ridiculous) story.

If you like things getting smashed up this is right up your street. I can't say I could keep up with everything that was going on and I zoned out a few times but that's no criticism of the film. I found I just wasn't in the mood for this type of film - but I kept watching it though I should have paying attention a bit more. There's stupid, daft attempts at humour but it's disposable hokum of the highest order - so who cares?

• 29. Sherpa
    An interesting look into the madness that is modern summiting of Everest and the Sherpas who do all the work. A bit clunky especially around the unforseen events that happen but still good
    [7]
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Godzila Vs. Kong. Monkey punch lizard, good. Interrupted by humans talking, bad.
    7/10

Johnny Got His Gun (1971). The film of that Metallica song. Well written and very striking, but not really enough going on to keep my interest for nearly 2 hours.
    8/10

You Got Mail. Meg Ryan's fine in some films but it this she kept pulling that expression that makes me want to punch her.
    5/10

Time Masters (1982). French animated sci-fi. Clunky and a bit dull, but there are some cool ideas here and there. Adapted from a comic apparently and it did feel like I was only seeing pieces of larger stories.
    4/10
  • 34. Avengers Assemble
    Haven't seen this in ages and this is the first time I'd seen it in HD. It's still a rollicking good time of a film. 8
  • Can Wookie please watch Possessor asap
    PSN - minkymu
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Palm Springs.
    Genre: Groundhog Day.
    Really enjoyed this. It's not amazing but the premise is always interesting and this has fun with it and puts a new spin on it.
    8/10
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Palm Springs.
    Genre: Groundhog Day.
    Really enjoyed this. It's not amazing but the premise is always interesting and this has fun with it and puts a new spin on it.
    8/10

Loved it. Extra point cos I’m a romantic sod. It was sharp and played with the time loop stuff in a fun way.
  • Aye, it’s a fun film that.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Where might I watch this?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Prime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    32. Thunder Force on Netflix is a superhero “comedy”. It’s odd, not very funny, but has a couple of moments during the training scenes that are ok. I personally wouldn’t waste your time.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Can Wookie please watch Possessor asap

I want to know why. It's because you know I'll find it a very disturbing watch isn't it?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!