Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Pig - good. Cage being understated for a change. Kind of like John Wick without the violence, which is a good thing. A bit mumbly in places, which was exacerbated by sprog running around shouting while I was watching.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I like the Nolan Batman Trilogy. The ones before that were pretty shit - I found them pretty boring. I don't think I stuck with one all the way thorough while I find the Nolan ones engaging and they kept me watching. The cast is what makes the Nolan ones. Those performances - look at the lineup. They have their faults but they are entertaining. High art it ain't, thankfully.

Those older films weren't as good as the original camp series.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I didn't rate Begins as much as most seemed to at the time. A good villain is way up my checklist of necessary things in a superhero film, and Ra's al Ghul was a bit of a shrug for me tbh. I also thought Bale's Batman voice was preposterous. Maybe I should rewatch it.

TDK and TDKR scratched the villain itch and I enjoyed both far more. Plus Bale didn't seem to be doing the Batvoice as an elaborate on-set prank in those (or maybe I learned to ignore it).
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Yeah, Begins was a weak start to the triology for me. Use of questionable CGI to depict Gotham City.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    TDKR is easily the worst of the bunch. Absolutely terrible.
  • The joker one is incredibly overrated and tedious and confusing.
  • Quintin Tarantino needs an editor and his movies have been rubbish since Pulp Fiction.
  • TDK is better before you've had kids.
  • I watched Split last night.
    I'm not much of a Shwarmaham fan but I thought Split was pretty damn good. A huge part of that of course is McAvoy with another solid performance.
    I will probably give Glass a go to see more McAvoy despite not being overly fussed by Unbreakable.

If you want to do director lists of what is bad you have to go some to top M Night's The Happening.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    Quintin Tarantino needs an editor and his movies have been rubbish since Pulp Fiction.

Qft
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    If you want to do director lists of what is bad you have to go some to top M Night's The Happening.

Clint Eastwood's Hereafter comes to mind.
  • Highlander 2 tops literally everything.

A shit film made worse by the fact it destroyed the premise of the solid gold classic Highlander. A classic case of sequel money grab.

If ever there was a film that didn’t need a sequel
    PSN - minkymu
  • I agree, there should be only one.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Highlander 2 tops literally everything. A shit film made worse by the fact it destroyed the premise of the solid gold classic Highlander. A classic case of sequel money grab. If ever there was a film that didn’t need a sequel

If you want a worse sequel then I'd vote for Exorcist 2. What a fucking load of old bollocks that was.
  • davyK wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Highlander 2 tops literally everything. A shit film made worse by the fact it destroyed the premise of the solid gold classic Highlander. A classic case of sequel money grab. If ever there was a film that didn’t need a sequel

If you want a worse sequel then I'd vote for Exorcist 2. What a fucking load of old bollocks that was.

Oh lord yes that is a bad one

PSN - minkymu
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Highlander II tried to explain things which is inexcusable.  

see Midichlorians
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Burton probably didn't sober up during the making of this tripe..

• Burton Batman - Burtman was fucking brilliant. As a young fellah when it came out Vicky Vale got me distracted from the action quite a bit and I didn't know why exactly.....Even Burtman Returns is brilliant.
    I genuinely hold a soft spot for Batman and Robin too.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I watched Split last night. I'm not much of a Shwarmaham fan but I thought Split was pretty damn good. A huge part of that of course is McAvoy with another solid performance. I will probably give Glass a go to see more McAvoy despite not being overly fussed by Unbreakable. If you want to do director lists of what is bad you have to go some to top M Night's The Happening.

Don't hold hope for Glass. It's very very average even though it has some nice sequences because Shyamalan is still a master of thriller filmmaking even if his films can have shit stories. I feel like Shyamalan works better when it's something he's worked on in his own time like it seems Split was. Glass feels like a rushed project that was made because Split did so well, which is why it's weird that Glass looks so cheap. They wanted that massive return on investment ratio again. 
    Also, I thought we'd stopped using kinda racist versions of an ethnic surnames? I know you don't really mean it like that but I also think it's a tired 'joke'. /woke
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Burton Batman - Burtman was fucking brilliant. As a young fellah when it came out Vicky Vale got me distracted from the action quite a bit and I didn't know why exactly.....Even Burtman Returns is brilliant. I genuinely hold a soft spot for Batman and Robin too.

I remember being very excited about it when it was released (a proper Batman film), but very disappointed when I saw it. I didn't like Burton's style at all and I thought Jack Nicholson was terribly miscast. Before seeing it I had thought that Nicholson would be the perfect fit, but maybe it was he was too old for the role even back then.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    I agree, there should be only one.

tenor.gif?itemid=5512903
  • Kow wrote:
    Burton Batman - Burtman was fucking brilliant. As a young fellah when it came out Vicky Vale got me distracted from the action quite a bit and I didn't know why exactly.....Even Burtman Returns is brilliant. I genuinely hold a soft spot for Batman and Robin too.
    I remember being very excited about it when it was released (a proper Batman film), but very disappointed when I saw it. I didn't like Burton's style at all and I thought Jack Nicholson was terribly miscast. Before seeing it I had thought that Nicholson would be the perfect fit, but maybe it was he was too old for the role even back then.
    That was pretty much my take too. Didn't rate it at all.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I never liked the Burton Batman either....I've said before but I never bought into Keaton as batman either.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I liked it, but I watched it when I was about 10.
  • I loved it as a kid, still love it now with a healthy scoop of nostalgia.
    Adam West Batman does nothing for me but it is way before my time.

Nolan stuff was great but its been over exposed especially The Joker. The films feel quite long and are super duper serious (partly why Ledger's Joker shines so bright in them). They are a hard watch these days for me.

Im looking forward to the new one. I'm hoping they can find the point of dark without being quite so grounded.
  • Our office is closed for Batman filming next week. Or maybe the week after, because of working from home I didn’t really pay attention.

(Straight after Indiana Jones finishes filming in the streets outside.)
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I watched Split last night. I'm not much of a Shwarmaham fan but I thought Split was pretty damn good. A huge part of that of course is McAvoy with another solid performance. I will probably give Glass a go to see more McAvoy despite not being overly fussed by Unbreakable. If you want to do director lists of what is bad you have to go some to top M Night's The Happening.
    Don't hold hope for Glass. It's very very average even though it has some nice sequences because Shyamalan is still a master of thriller filmmaking even if his films can have shit stories. I feel like Shyamalan works better when it's something he's worked on in his own time like it seems Split was. Glass feels like a rushed project that was made because Split did so well, which is why it's weird that Glass looks so cheap. They wanted that massive return on investment ratio again.  Also, I thought we'd stopped using kinda racist versions of an ethnic surnames? I know you don't really mean it like that but I also think it's a tired 'joke'. /woke
    Cheers for the knod Shabs.
    Like you say wasnt intentional but I can see how it could be taken that way.

I agree with him as a director largely. He does seem best when not churning them out.
  • poprock wrote:
    Our office is closed for Batman filming next week. Or maybe the week after, because of working from home I didn’t really pay attention. (Straight after Indiana Jones finishes filming in the streets outside.)
    Is this because of the new movie or some new corporate bonding thing?
  • I guess Glasgow’s a cheaper Gotham City stand-in than NYC.
  • Well I cant help but only view Burtman now through squee filled nostalgia glasses. But one thing I love without question is the design of Gotham, particularly in the first movie. The New York/ Gothic / Art Deco combination was beautiful.

Also yes, earlier in the thread I meant Flight of the Navigator. Not seen it in years. I do have Explorers sitting there waiting, Ive never seen it. Might give it a whirl.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!