Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald
  • The other Stanley Parable guy's game is out, free and only takes quarter of an hour to play. I haven't had a chance, yet, but it's the first thing I'll be doing when I get home.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/409160/
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Can't see the price there, how much is it?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Free, he says it in the post.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh, but how free?
  • I've heard nothing about it being anything other than totally free.

Also, I hear it stars Simon Amstell, so could be really annoying.
  • Amstell was not a good choice for narrator.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It isn't free enough.
  • Well, I enjoyed it.  Quite a lot actually.  I mean, it's short and sweet, but I was amused.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So I've fallen out with my best friend of longest years (since we were 3) because of his use of racistl anguage. We were supposed to be drinking tonight but it's now been canned mid pint and indeed fucking miserable. Help
  • That sounds shit Reg but are you sure you're in the right place?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    So I've fallen out with my best friend of longest years (since we were 3) because of his use of racistl anguage. We were supposed to be drinking tonight but it's now been canned mid pint and indeed fucking miserable. Help

That is shit Reg. Only thing to say is if it's drink related wait until morn and see where the lay of the land is. Sometimes drink amplifies shirt that isn't really that bad.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Is your friend the guy that made Stanley Parable?

You're better off Reg, find new and better friends.  I don't know anyone who has childhood friends still hanging about unless they themselves are developmentally stunted.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret speaks the truth, trust me, i know...i still have all my childhood friends.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Guy beside me in the bar last night's idea of small talk was pointing out fat women, men he suspected were gay and sneering at the only black guy the bar. It almost came to blows but my superior social skills won out in the end.
  • Skerret wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Is your friend the guy that made Stanley Parable?

You're better off Reg, find new and better friends.  I don't know anyone who has childhood friends still hanging about unless they themselves are developmentally stunted.

I'm still friends with my 2 oldest friends. Sometimes it just works. But not if they turn out to be racists
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    Guy beside me in the bar last night's idea of small talk was pointing out fat women, men he suspected were gay and sneering at the only black guy the bar. It almost came to blows but my superior social skills won out in the end.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I managed to steer the conversation to penis variety and he blew a fuse and fucked off.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's what happened with my pal. He stropped off And I feel like shite now
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Is your friend the guy that made Stanley Parable? You're better off Reg, find new and better friends.  I don't know anyone who has childhood friends still hanging about unless they themselves are developmentally stunted.
    I'm still friends with my 2 oldest friends. Sometimes it just works. But not if they turn out to be racists
    Well yer there are exceptions obviously.  You are developmentally retarded though, let's face it.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Your face is developmentally retarded!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    ;(/
  • I've got friends that are a bit racist. Well, not racist in itself, really, but they use fascist terms a lot. So long as they only do it in private, I tend to let it slide for an easy life. If they were to start doing it in public, I'd probably have a go at them.

Anyway, the game,. It's very obviously a demo for publishers. It's showing how they can put together a narrative experience competently, and is fairly entertaining, but doesn't have any of the clever branching that Stanley had. In fact, I only found one example where doing other than what you're asked did anything than just play some extra audio (it plays different audio).

It works, though, and I found it worthwhile to play. Would have been happy if it'd cost a couple of quid but that'd kinda defeat the point of it. Amstell works for the role, though there are odd points where his whiney, nasal voice grates a bit.

Crows Crows Crows show a lot more promise than Wreden, then, but you'd kind of expect that since it's a studio, rather than one guy. Let's hope they can build on this and find something worthwhile to add to things, rather than using their obvious production talent to create something longer but ultimately empty, which is my worry.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!