Most Anticipated 2015 (op updated with awesome montage).
‹ Previous123456
  • What's that you say? Not enough forum lists? 

It's been a stonking year as far as I'm concerned, but most of the games I've loved have all loomed in the shadow of rubbish old last-gen. 2015 is when next-gen starts proper.

Thought it might be of interest to compare what we're most looking forward to against how we feel a year from now.

Give us your top 3. Ill collate and do a 'B&B's Most Anticipated' and we can look back and laugh at how right we were. 

Here's a couple of big hitters to get you thinking...

hyrule-grass.gif
    2488138-bak_sshot057.jpg
    MGSV_ChickenCap-1.jpg?eaa32f
    eurogamer-xcdenl.jpg
    AeFJbmp.png
    _1393708166.jpg
    WiiU_Splatoon_illu01_E3.jpg
    FloatingIsland.0.jpg

Mine:

1. Batman AK
    2. MGS5
    3. Bloodbourne

Pretty safe bets, I reckon.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    U4, Bloodborne, Batman, Zelda
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Bloodborne
    No Man's Sky
    Zelda
  • 1. Batman
    Rocksteady back at the wheel this should be a belter.

2. Mortal Kombat X
    I loved 9 and have high hopes for this. Fighting seems smarter than ever before and it is visually stunning.

3. Zelda
    Big ol'stonking Zelda adventure to sink my teeth into.

4. Star Wars Battlefront.
    It has been a long old wait but I have high hopes for this.

5. Starfox.
    A little apprehensive about this one. I worry the screentroller will be essential and ruin it. Still STARFOX!!!!

6. E3
    The consoles are out, install base is at a good level all round, devs have had time with the hardware. Let's see what they can do.

Honourable mentions that are PS4 so Will pass me by. No Man's Sky, Blood Bourne and HD Dark Souls if that is a confirmed thing.
  • The House of Wolves
    Bloodborne
    No Man's Sky
    Uncharted 4

That should see me through to Xmas next year.
  • Persona 5, Hatoful Boyfriend Vita and The Last Guardian - this year is definitely the year.
  • I'm looking forward Zelda obviously. But apart from that, Bloodborne will hopefully be a lot better than Souls 2.

And of course MGS5 will be great, right? Arkham Knight is also on my watch list.

Is The Division gonna be 2015?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • 1. Batman Rocksteady back at the wheel this should be a belter. 2. Mortal Kombat X I loved 9 and have high hopes for this. Fighting seems smarter than ever before and it is visually stunning. 3. Zelda Big ol'stonking Zelda adventure to sink my teeth into. 4. Star Wars Battlefront. It has been a long old wait but I have high hopes for this. 5. Starfox. A little apprehensive about this one. I worry the screentroller will be essential and ruin it. Still STARFOX!!!! 6. E3 The consoles are out, install base is at a good level all round, devs have had time with the hardware. Let's see what they can do. Honourable mentions that are PS4 so Will pass me by. No Man's Sky, Blood Bourne and HD Dark Souls if that is a confirmed thing.

Hey, forgot about that. Loved the old ones and when Ep7 hype goes through the roof, will be all over this.
  • Tony Hawk has said the will be another THPS released for next gen late next year. No other details.

I will be watching that closely. I hope they go back to the series' roots. I imagine we will see it at E3.
  • Most of the really big franchises leave me cold. Batman, Zelda and Halo will be boring retreads and/or just not very good. I'd imagine the same of Uncharted too, but I'm not very familiar with the series. Starfox would've been a top choice 10 years or so ago, but nowadays I've no confidence in Nintendo delivering its potential.

Bloodborne is the only thing I have proper high expectations for, but I hope No Man's Sky can deliver something decent, and MGS5 will probably have its moments.

So that's 3. There's probably other stuff I've forgotten though.

• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is Dishonoured 2 this year?
  • Blood borne.
    Dark souls 2 on ps4
    Zelda.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Dying Light. One month to go!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No Man's Sky seems to be the most next geny thing on the table in 2015, so that's the most anticipated. And what do you know, a couple of Wii U games! Zelda and Xenoblade X. Really not sure about The Witcher 3, but I hope it's good.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No Man's Sky

Zelda

Uncharted 4

Hilariously, I don't have a PS4 or WiiU yet. Hmm.
  • Bloodborne
    Persona 5
    The Witcher 3
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Does No Man's Sky still look weightless?

I wrote a crappy game once, with invisible circles around everything for collision detection. Naturally, non-circular objects had unfair collision zones, where the circle was making contact, but the visuals weren't. No Man's Sky has that sort of vibe about it to me. Floaty, like a Unity game. Hit a tree and just bounce off it awkwardly - unconvincingly, rather than crunching into it and exploding.

Not a fan of its pastel palette, either. Certain real-world habitats are by themselves a lure for exploration. I suspect that I'm better-suited to walk-'em-ups.
  • I strongly reckon Bloodo will be more of the same but that will probably do. It's not like the revisionist Metroid or genuinely fresh vs-fighter I'm still craving are going to happen.
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
    I have really enjoyed these games, and find enjoyment where others find fault. While I would like a reduction in gun-play, I won't be hugely disappointed if there's a similar amount to the other games.

No Man's Sky
    As I've said elsewhere, this won't have to do much more than we've already seen to keep me happy.

The Order 1886

Okay, I know people are increasingly wary of this, but I've still got my fingers crossed.

I'll be keeping an eye on Star Wars Battlefront, The Division, and Tearaway Unfolded. I don't have an Xbox One, but I'll be interested to see how Crackdown 3 turns out.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Uncharted 4: A Thief's End I have really enjoyed these games, and find enjoyment where others find fault. While I would like a reduction in gun-play, I won't be hugely disappointed if there's a similar amount to the other games. 

Actually I may swap out Bloodbourne for this.

Not played an Uncharted, but so massively impressed by LoU that I'm fully expecting this to be amazing. Thought that gameplay demo was proper impressive too, 

Wouldn't bother waisting your finger-crossing energies on The Order. It's a 6 or 7 at best. They can't even make it look good in trailers.
  • Batman Arkham Knight
    Zelda
    Metal Gear Solid 5
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Wouldn't bother waisting your finger-crossing energies on The Order. It's a 6 or 7 at best.
    If it's a 7 it'll do me just fine. I may even tolerate a 6, depending on what the faults are.
  • First up, let's get the indie stuff outta the way:
    Darkwood
    Elegy For a Dead World
    I have both of them via Indiegogo/Kickstarter campaigns (giving me beta/Early Access keys), but look forward to their full releases in 2015.

Now the big name stuff:
    Bloodborne
    Mario Maker
    Splatoon
    Arkham Knight
    Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Uncharted 4
    Halo 5
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Elegy got a full release a few weeks ago mate.
  • Pretty certain it's Early Access. Full release is due in March.

Edit: a brief scan of its Steam page seems to say nothing of Early Access. Must've been released early!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Escape wrote:

I wrote a crappy game once, with invisible circles around everything for collision detection. Naturally, non-circular objects had unfair collision zones, where the circle was making contact, but the visuals weren't. No Man's Sky has that sort of vibe about it to me. Floaty, like a Unity game. Hit a tree and just bounce off it awkwardly - unconvincingly, rather than crunching into it and exploding.

I've not seen any collisions in the videos so far, so I'm not sure what you're basing this stuff on.

If you want proper physics and brutal collisions which tear ships apart though, check out Space Engineers.
  • Kirby klay
    Splatoon
    Zelda
    Mario maker
    Deus ex 4 news
    Mass effect 4 news.
  • Escape wrote:

I've not seen any collisions in the videos so far, so I'm not sure what you're basing this stuff on.

If you want proper physics and brutal collisions which tear ships apart though, check out Space Engineers.

Proper physics in a space game!!! Ha!
  • Top three would be Halo 5, Quantum Break and then MGS5, then also rans being The Gears Collection, Uncharted 4, Tomb Raider, Star Wars Battlefront, Resi Revelations 2...to be continued when I think of more.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You know what I mean. @Crayola
‹ Previous123456

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!