Now eating/drinking
  • I really want some Jelly Tots right now.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've just realised I haven't eaten meat since Sunday. I haven't missed it much either. Had a great pasta dish tonight where I just fried some garlic (loads of garlic actually) in olive oil, then chucked in a load of cherry tomatoes chopped in half and cooked for about 10 minutes. Then tossed in some spaghetti for a few minutes and a large handful of fresh basil. It was great.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Late dinner tonight. It's roasted courgettes, couscous and roasted pollock, for two in theory.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Sounds good. I'm hungry. Had a Byron burger late last night, chilli burger it was, and I think they used up the last of the day's chillis because it was so stuffed with chunks of fire that they were falling out. I didn't finish it even though I was hungry. Now I'm really fucking hungry.
  • Mmmmmmm just had two jacket potatoes topped with loads of lovely roast gammon, and strong cheddar cheese.

I'd made the gammon on Sunday and I'm sad it's nearly all gone. I think I can get one last meal out of it. It will probably be a stir fry unless you have a better idea.
  • Mama Livdiv is making salmon curry tonight. Oh yes.
  • Sounds good. I'm hungry. Had a Byron burger late last night, chilli burger it was, and I think they used up the last of the day's chillis because it was so stuffed with chunks of fire that they were falling out. I didn't finish it even though I was hungry. Now I'm really fucking hungry.

I accidentally ordered this after a mordor night out once, luckily I was pretty drunk and so couldn't feel the full fucking agony that I would have experienced had I tried it sober.

Made it halfway through, had to give up, Pez couldn't even finish the bastard.

It was probably the hottest thing I've ever eaten (I don't like really spicy food, can't take the heat at all).
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I have a high tolerance but that was ridiculous.

Just rectified this with a trip to the pub for highgrade scotch eggs, blue cheese/chutney pork pies, and a splendid pint of Kernel.
  • I made some kind of Chorizo, bean and sweet potato soup thing on Monday and I'm still ploughing through it. 5 bowls down, maybe 2-3 to go. Cost me roughly £7 to make all told.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I made some kind of Chorizo, bean and sweet potato soup thing on Monday and I'm still ploughing through it. 5 bowls down, maybe 2-3 to go. Cost me roughly £7 to make all told.

Sounds delicious temps. Recipe?
  • 2 Sweet Potatoes - I added a third tiny one.
    150g of Chorizo
    Three peppers - i used traffic lights because I am a certified child.
    2 onions
    Paprika and salt and pepper
    BEANS - I used one tin of cannellini beans and one can of kidney beans, you can use whatever.
    Two tins of chopped tomatoes
    Some passata - maybe a fifth of one of those tesco cartons? Not a lot really, you could probably substitute for paste or not even add it.
    1 litre ish chicken stock

Chop everything up to whatever size you fancy. I went with pretty generous chunks for that rustic "the soup is more substantial than me" feel. I also cooked the canellini beans as I don't trust tinned beans to not have that gross metallic taste that chickpeas pick up.

Oil up the biggest pan thing you have as, seriously, there's a lot of stuff going in. Then sweat the onions and add a dash of paprika.

Then pop in the sweet potato and the peppers and cook for about 5 minutes. 

Dump everything else in going from solid to liquid and liberally season. Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer for an hour.

Simple.

I have been eating mine with Waitrose Olive Ciabatta as it was reduced to 60p and is part baked so lasts for ages.
  • I am adding that to next week's shopping list, cheers temps.

They even do vegetarian chorizo now! I normally sub tofu with extra spice or something, but I might try this fauxrizo stuff. I have no idea what real chorizo tastes like anyway.
  • You can't fake pork fat, the mind boggles at what's in that.

Normal choz tastes of smoked paprika and pork fat, i.e. banging.
  • Not animal fat, which makes it sound much more delightful than the real thing!
  • Tell that to the Eccles cakes from the legendary St. John's bakery. They are cooked in pork fat then caked in sugar, which mixes with the fat and solidifies into something quite quite sexual.

IMG_9737.jpg
  • When I get that feeling I need pork fat healing
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Haven't had an eccles cake in ages, gotta craving now, will rectify tomorrow seems too late in the day for a decent baker now
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I think you should sig that n0fe

'beard, if I could pass you one of those right now I would - it's my go to gift when I want to deliver something delicious to a person.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Used to have a lovely baker round corne from school, lunch was always pastie, sausage roll, and either eccles cake or chelsea bun. Supermarket eccles are rubbish, and normally tiny. This disappointment led to a malaise which means I've not tried one in at least a decade. That looks lovely, will definitely be hunting. You are a generous man, that is a fine gift
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I honestly don't get much more pleasure in life than furnishing people's palettes with fine comestibles or beverages. The reaction is only mildly less enjoyable than consuming them myself.

I love a craft beer tasting afternoon, or a tour of a market, with a mate very dearly.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'll try not to be such a let down next time I'm up your way Nick and actually accompany you on one.

Gnocchi alla sorrentina for me tonight.  I'm on an Italian binge.
  • All good man.

About to meet some brewers, Siren Co. So good.
  • Salmon Curry was ace.
    It was a Jamie Oliver recipe with added fresh coriander, it was Sri Lankan inspired so quite fresh and light.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    2 Sweet Potatoes - I added a third tiny one. 150g of Chorizo Three peppers - i used traffic lights because I am a certified child. 2 onions Paprika and salt and pepper BEANS - I used one tin of cannellini beans and one can of kidney beans, you can use whatever. Two tins of chopped tomatoes Some passata - maybe a fifth of one of those tesco cartons? Not a lot really, you could probably substitute for paste or not even add it. 1 litre ish chicken stock Chop everything up to whatever size you fancy. I went with pretty generous chunks for that rustic "the soup is more substantial than me" feel. I also cooked the canellini beans as I don't trust tinned beans to not have that gross metallic taste that chickpeas pick up. Oil up the biggest pan thing you have as, seriously, there's a lot of stuff going in. Then sweat the onions and add a dash of paprika. Then pop in the sweet potato and the peppers and cook for about 5 minutes.  Dump everything else in going from solid to liquid and liberally season. Bring to the boil then reduce to simmer for an hour. Simple. I have been eating mine with Waitrose Olive Ciabatta as it was reduced to 60p and is part baked so lasts for ages.
    You did it!
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Just cooked a roast chicken.
    I made a hot, slightly Asian dry rub.
    Roasted in a pan with celery, red onion and baby bell peppers.
    Served with cous cous and spinach.

The rub was made from
    Turmeric
    Dried Chipotle chillies
    Coriander seeds
    cumin seeds
    cayenne
    black pepper
    salt
    Blitz that all up.

Oil up the chicken, rub the err rub all over. Place in a roasting pan on top of celery. Put a whole, pricked lemon and a whole bulb of garlic up the chicken.
    Grate the zest of a lime onto the chicken, halve lime and place next to chicken.
    Place halved red onions around chicken.
    Cover with foil.

Cook for 45 mins per kilo plus 20 mins at gas mark 6, in the last 20 minutes throw in the bell peppers with the stalk chopped off and seeds removed.

When cooked turn off the oven, carve, put chicken back in the oven to keep warm.

Take two cloves from the roasted bulb, chop and put them in a frying pan. Squeeze the juice of the lime and lemon into the pan, add the celery, juices from the roasting pan and the peppers into the frying pan. Roughly chop the onions and add them too.
    Throw in a couple of handfuls of spinach.
    Reduce the juices down.

While reducing fanny about making cous cous.

Plate up.

Eat.

Regret putting 5 chipolte chillies in.

• Going to try MeatLiquor in Leeds this evening, it better be good.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I had several goes og making a sweet potato gnocchi that I reckon would go down well with many of you.

Dunno what I want to eat, I've pangs of worthlessness so as such depression has so far prevented me to be arsed with any meals today.

That soup sounds spot on Temps.

The courgette (salted and roast with tarragon) and the pollock were legit btw, Nick.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Sweet potato is my current favourite veg.

I may give gnocchi a try - it hadn't even crossed my mind.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Gnocchi is great. Do you want my gnocchi alla sorrentina recipe?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!