Plants vs Zombies™ Garden Warfare
  • Webbins wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    EA have teased an announcement today with a Sly Cooper themed Pea Shooter. Fingers crossed this means Garden Warfare is coming to PS4.
    I hope it does, great game.  It's disappointing the number of people who bought it on the One don't play it together.  I have no issues with it unlike the 5 Edge gave it, massive injustice, not that we should give credence to their tallies.  Wierdly, since bunging in microtransactions, the amount of points you can earn per match has increased, meaning a single evenings session can see you opening many sticker packs, negating a grind.  The presence of the IAP stuff does mean DLC should remain free though which is great news and should ensure the community remains.

This is the thing, microtransactions have been sullied by the type of nickel and diming associated with F2P EA titles like Real Racing and Dungeon Keeper.
    As the guys behind Forza and Driveclub have stated, if it is optional, and the main core of the game isn't gimped to accommodate it then there is no problem.
    If anything it's just a paid for unlock cheat rather than trying to screw money out of the consumer.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • They're still at it
    a5dd0cd7dce2444cc547bf2d3befe7ad_zpscfd100ff.jpg
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Not long then
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Got this for the boys 9th birthday, along with an XBL sub for his own profile. It's pretty bloody good! Surprisingly fun and the pace at which he's improving and adapting to his first ever FPS is scary.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Good. Pre-ordered for tomorrow.
  • Any tips for a beginner? What are the stickers for?

Are they any tutorials stuffed away somewhere?

What's the best mode to play?

What's the best way to focus on getting early experience?

Many thanks!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Allow me.

Stickers are for unlocking characters.  As you earn credits you buy packs to unlock consumables, stickers, upgrades, etc.  Iirc you need to unlock five character sticker parts to unlock the full character.

My first tip for beginners would be to try every character class to find the best fit for you.  Be it Plant or Zombie, you have four classes that all play very differently.  Make good use of your character's abilities such as Imp Punts, Pea Gatling, etc and get used to the buttons that deploy them so you can be most effective in a pinch.  There is a noobs playlist for those early forays.

Gardens and Graveyards is probably the best mode overall (think Rush in BF), and you can earn a good amount of credits.  However I do like Gnome Bomb and the horde mode is good too, standard FFA and Team Deathmatches are available.

The way you rank up is different in this as opposed to other games.  You rank up by completing challenges relevant to each character.  These range from killing so many of x or completing so many team actions, deploying so many abilities, etc.  Pay mind to each challenge as some are more easily doable in certain game modes than others.  You will receive Skip Challenge consumables though through sticker packs, so any you don't fancy you can burn.

Credits though, as said, are more easily earned in some game modes than others (G&G), expect to gain more through objective game types rather than deathmatch.

Most of all, have fun!
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins wrote:
    Most of all, have fun!

Thanks! I guess I might miss my Xbone friends list for this one.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Don't worry, there's pretty much just me that plays this on teh Bone, and I mainly only dip at the weekend.

If it was free on PSN last weekend, surely there must be some willing participants for you to buddy up with? It really is a very underrated game.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • You'd think so! Maybe...
    The Forum Herald™
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I have it downloaded on ps4, haven't dived in yet though
  • I had my first go this morning so if you fancy learning together let me know. I think it might remote play nicely
    The Forum Herald™
  • Was playing this last night on PS4.  It's good.  Happy to join a game with fellow Badgers.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Had a quick go.  Not sure how much time i'll be able to give it, but seems fun enough!
  • The Bone/PS4 beta for PvZGW2 launches Jan 14th ahead of the Feb 25th release.  Not sure how much interest it will generate on here but I had fun with the first game.  I've not decided whether to go in day one or await the inevitable EA Access.  Trailer below.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    First was great, better than Battlefield IMO.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Still need to do the horde stuff on the first, enjoyed what I played of it.
  • I'm always here for you, Pea.
  • Kow wrote:
    First was great, better than Battlefield IMO.

Totally agreed, very underrated.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Had a bash on the GW2 beta last night. Took me a while to get my bearings having not played GW for ages but enjoyed it for the most part.

The only real downside was having guys who are level 70 already that seem to have unlocked some quite devastating perks. Hopefully something that will be less of an issue with matchmaking in the full release.

Some great new characters, particularly like Kernel Corn and Rose (turning zombies into goats got a lol) though I've yet to try the new zombie imp which has some kind of mech robot as one it's power ups. One of the maps had a bit of a choke point in a long stretch bordered by buildings which generally turned into a mass brawl but nothing that can't be balanced I'm sure.

Still not sure if I'm going to buy day one but will certainly put some more time into the beta. Anyone else tried it yet?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye, was fun but has EA Access written all over it.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    EA Access was the only reason I played the first one. I really loved it though and would be tempted to drop money on this if it were a little cheaper. Probably going to be at least 6 months before it hits Access I'm guessing?
  • I think I'll wait till the Access version.  I enjoyed what little I played of the beta, but it was kind of needlessly chaotic whereas the first one's chaos was manageable.  The new characters are good, the few maps I played looked great but didn't seem to flow however.  It feels like a sequel for sequel's sake, chuck in a hub world as a glorified menu front end, although being able to leave the hub and jump straight into the endless horde mode is a nice idea..  There was not much wrong with the first one outside of people not playing it.  This is the first one turned up to 11.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Yeah, good points there. Especially about the chaotic nature of some matches in GW2. It seems to have a bit more of the kill-die-spawn-repeat but I also found that the first few times I played Battlefront. Will see how it goes over the next few weeks.
  • Gah. I want this.

Given it's only 2700 roubles on Russian site (with EA Access discount) I'm not sure I can hold out.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • I'm holding out till EA Access version. As much as I love the first one, I have far more to wade through now than I did then when I took a punt on it. Didn't play the beta much, but it felt like the first game turned up to 11, which was good and bad. I've heard there's some serious balancing issues, particularly with the Rose character that need addressing.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Yep EA Access for me.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just had a little dabble with GW2 and it seems awesome. It's very overwhelming at first, but I really like the backyard hub. There's a bunch of single player quests to be cracking on with that earn you coins for buying packs too. Can't wait to get on the multiplayer.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Good fun this, although the vast number of abilities is a little overwhelming at first. Would like to try the objective modes as Vanquish is a mental mess. Good crack though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!