Midtown Madness
  • Are there any plans on the go for a reboot of this? Much fun was had with this back in the day (as the kids say).
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Blimey; there's a blast from the past. Sucked up a lot of my time; Motocross Madness too.

I suppose there's more than a couple of games that offer what MM did, along with other stuff.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • I'd be surprised, GTA seems to fill that gap. The cost of developing a city now probably exceeds what you can make back with purely a driving game. I'm not sure who owns it now as well, probably not any of the developers. 

One of my mates had one of the earlier PC efforts, I remember being blown away by it being possible. The Xbox effort was fun, but didn't have quite the same impact. Still quite DICE though, Sienne Crossing in BF3 has definite echoes of the Paris map.
  • I was mighty pissed that MM wasn't on the backward compatibility list for 360.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • I still have the original game on PC, it was great. Unfortunately the open world racer is pretty much the domain of NFS these days, and I don't see anyone (even Microsoft, if they still own the franchise) competing with that now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!