Tearaway™ & Tearaway™ Unfolded
‹ Previous123
  • TearawayLogo.png

Original OP:
    Spoiler:

TearawayUnfoldedLogo.png

PlayStation Blog: Tearaway Unfolded Coming to PS4.

Edge Hype article
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Looks good, I just need a vita
  • Me too!

It'll be the first thing I buy, after Christmas.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I'm jealous, adkm. I really want to play this. Had rode code between this and Vita and 3DS and Zelda to take on holiday. Decided on Zelda, being the fanboy that I am. Alas I wish I had time to play all the games I want, whenever I want!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • This is sat on my sofa and will likely be unplayed until by eleven days in a row finishes.

Good to know kits awesome though.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    If the rest of this holds up to the promise shown up to the jump section then it's a sodding contender for goty…beautiful stuff.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    You're all getting my juices flowing. Hope mine comes today.
  • No save slots!

If ever there was a game you could pass around the family.

Doh!
  • Have to say though, it is unique and the squirrels are wicked.  Really enjoying the the music in the second level.

So far, with the trial covering the first two levels, the rear touch pad is limited to tapping - so that's ok.  A trailer I saw had someone using multiple fingers and I can see that getting irritating as you'll be thinking more about getting any other fingers off the pad, while placing your fingers correctly - and losing any flow you had in the game.

I'm keen to hear how intrusive that will get because it's unnecessary gimmicks like that that stop me buying games.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Had rode code

You wouldn't be the first. Probably not even the first that day.
  • So far, this is wonderful.  (In all senses.)  I've been playing it this morning with both of my kids watching over my shoulder, and taking turns to craft bits and pieces.  I have already promised we'll make a real life paper squirrel later this weekend.  I haven't grinned so much playing something in ages.  No idea whether the joy will last, but so far, so good...

Anyway, here's Atoi posing by the carousel:

8db4f9646d72a6883af73d12268a20733ea2a46c.jpg
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, it's raising smiles galore here.

Enchanting.

Bonus nerd points for naming a character after a programming function.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    This is such a joy! It's not challenging, but it doesn't have to be, the simple pleasure of playing is more than enough.

Also,
    Spoiler:
    Brilliant! :)
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Enjoying just wandering about, exploring. Should be fun trying to 100% it.
  • How much is it on PSN??
    PSN - minkymu
  • My pre-order was £19.99.
  • Psn preorder? If so ohhhhh tempted
    PSN - minkymu
  • Pretty sure it's £20. Bit of a bargain all told.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Tearaway psn boughted
    PSN - minkymu
  • Just need a ps pkus now so i can geab uncharted and gravity rush. Pkus dload the free fifa game i got. Dont fancy hungry giraffe ir lemmings tbh
    PSN - minkymu
  • Finished the tearaway demo - wow.  Feels like the sort of game nintendo used to make before it got into it's current tiresome re-hash mode.
    Going to hold off buying it until Christmas, saving it for a flight to the us.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Yossarian wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Had rode code
    You wouldn't be the first. Probably not even the first that day.

Genuine lol while I am sitting on restaurant having lunch on holiday. Got wi fi going. But hotspots only in restaurants and lobbies etc, not in room. :(
    5-star my arse. No hairdryer in room either. Service is stellar though. 

You may have worked it out, but I meant "to decide", not "rode code".
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Finished the tearaway demo - wow.  Feels like the sort of game nintendo used to make before it got into it's current tiresome re-hash mode. Going to hold off buying it until Christmas, saving it for a flight to the us.

To quote a friend on release of Tearaway, "What the fuck have nintendo been upto?".
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Great fun playing this morning. Levels are getting increasingly interesting the further I go. Definitely a GOTY contender for me.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Well it made me go and get an Exacto knife, cutting mat and card from Amazon. 'Media Molecule the new Nintendo' seems about right from my impressions too. Their PS4 reveal could be fantastic?

I made my pig pretty as a peach. The lightning bolt tattoo on his delicious buttocks, bow tucked under his ear and moustache were, in my humble opinion, a perfect match.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I brought myself the Vita pack of this that came with the 16g card.  Once Zelda is done, this is next, then back to 3DS for Bravely default, then back to Vita for Persona 4 & Katamari.  2013, the year of the handhelds for this gamer.
  • beano wrote:
    Finished the tearaway demo - wow.  Feels like the sort of game nintendo used to make before it got into it's current tiresome re-hash mode. Going to hold off buying it until Christmas, saving it for a flight to the us.
    To quote a friend on release of Tearaway, "What the fuck have nintendo been upto?".

Pumping out rehashes when not releasing usual output. I think the time between good Marios hasn't really changed much do they haven't exactly become slack; amazing as usual. They just seem to be making these crap NSMB games a lot now which makes it seem like that they are sitting on their laurels.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Finished. Short but extremely sweet, almost stood up and applauded at the end. Can't wait for the follow up.

I'm not a fan of touch and tilt gaming, but when it's done this well, it's irresistible. Even the augmented reality bits didn't jar and I've formed a new, stronger bond with my Vita. Found myself waving and talking to it. Bit worrying, really.

I'll crack on an 100% it now.
  • Yep, short but sweet pretty much covers it.  To be honest, had it been longer I think it probably would have out stayed its welcome - the length is just about right.  The finale also rounds it off really elegantly.

I've seen a couple of reviews suggesting that the need to use the touchscreen whilst simultaneously using the sticks is an issue - but I'm fat fingered and barely co-ordinated, and managed just fine.
    Spoiler:
  • Stayed up to finish this. A bit silly, since my alarm goes off in four hours, but it's a truly lovely game.  Given how short people were saying it was, and given how the story progresses, I kept thinking I was at the end.  This'll be the last level, I would think.  I was always glad that it wasn't...
    Spoiler:

Just glanced at the credits.  As well as catering and cleaning, the boxercise, life drawing, yoga and massage therapy people brought in for the staff are being credited.  Now it's all the spouses, offspring, unborn children and pets of Mm.

I'll post some more of my in-game photos tomorrow evening, would love to see others.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!