PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Clementine is in!

Telltale has released a new tease for The Walking Dead: The Game’s second season. In a post on Twitter, Telltale wrote "keep that hair short" along with the following image teasing that new information on season two will be revealed this Tuesday, October 29th, at 12:00 p.m. Pacific / 3:00 p.m. Eastern.

BXoPPoQCUAA5epx_zps38b6aa29.jpg

At this year's San Diego Comic-Con, Telltale confirmed that Clementine “will be a part of” the second season, and the developer previously said it was targeting this fall for release.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Way to spoiler with the first line of the OP! Still need to finish the first one...!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeah me too.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Way to spoiler with the first line of the OP! Still need to finish the first one...!
    FranticPea wrote:
    Yeah me too.

There was a clue in the title with 'Season 2', surely I can't be held accountable if you click on the thread having not finished 'Season 1'?

I didn't click in the Walking Bad Season 5 thread until I'd watched it but I know for a fact I wouldn't have clicked it had I not finished season 4...

EDIT: Altered the title just to clarify where season 2 comes in relation to season 1.
  • Walking Bad? What's that? sounds good. ;-)
  • Can't wait for this.  Loved the first season.

Will S2 feature on Xbone/PS4?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Walking Bad? What's that? sounds good. ;-)
    It 'twas awesome!

Why the fuck does your brain do this sometimes? Also is it just me or does anybody else find that sometimes there are entire words missing from their typing?

Back to the walking Dead, I played it on the 360 but I won't have one anymore so what do I play this on? Vita or iPad is looking favourable but I do like the big screen and joypad scenario. Hopefully Telltale will announce an XB1 version.
  • iPad was the best version I tried.
  • Plan_XIII wrote:
    Can't wait for this.  Loved the first season.

Will S2 feature on Xbone/PS4?

it appered on everything bar Nintendo so I would suppose yes.

(the cap suggests Clem but maybe not?!)

I'm gonna wait till all the episodes are out. Before I jump in. (I think a lot of the hype came as a result of people playing the whole thing together?!)

• Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    JMW wrote:
    iPad was the best version I tried.
    That's good to know.

Did you have to purchase the first one as an app and then purchase the other episodes through IAP's? If it is the latter I am guessing that IAP's don't transfer between devices on the same account?

[I'm gonna wait till all the episodes are out. Before I jump in. (I think a lot of the hype came as a result of people playing the whole thing together?!)
    I'm not, a lot of the excitement for me (and others from what I recall) were playing an episode then starting the next one a month later with the 'previously on the Walking Dead' segment at the beginning.

As much as it sucks having to wait it does help build the anticipation.
  • From memory yes, free first episode and then in-app. I'm not sure why they wouldn't transfer, if I got another iPad is expect them all to still be available?
  • I waited until the whole package was released on disc myself before diving in - I'll do the same again.
  • I jumped in when the second last episode was released.  I seem to remember the last episode was delayed so having played all the way through in just a few days, I had to wait ages for the conclusion.  It meant the momentum was lost and I wasn't really in the mood for zombies.

I'm going to try and wait until the whole thing is available.  Not sure I'll manage though.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    I'm going to try and wait until the whole thing is available.

Not sure I'll manage though.
    I have thought the same.

I have thought the same.
  • I'm not even going to pretend that I'll be able to wait.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    I'm not even going to pretend that I'll be able to wait.
    All it takes to make me wait is news that the Xbox One will have it...
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    OP updated with reveal trailer.

No mention of next gen consoles. :(
  • I know this thread may die a death with Perm gone, but I just looked at one of the screenshots of the next season; just one of the reveal ones showing Clem.  Funny how much the last game affected some of us, but looking at that I thought I can't bear to play it; it was quite hard shepherding Clem through everything and I doubt my blood pressure would take putting her in harm's way again...

This month is the launch window though.  Who's still interested?
  • I'm interested in how they carry on, enjoyed the first so will definitely check it out.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    I know this thread may die a death with Perm gone, but I just looked at one of the screenshots of the next season; just one of the reveal ones showing Clem.  Funny how much the last game affected some of us, but looking at that I thought I can't bear to play it; it was quite hard shepherding Clem through everything and I doubt my blood pressure would take putting her in harm's way again... This month is the launch window though.  Who's still interested?

I'm definitely in. Season 1 was about the most emotionally affecting video gaming experience I've ever had.

Definitely waiting for it all to become available, mind.
  • I'd be very much up for a season 2. As good and entertaining as the first one was, there was lots of scope for improvement as well so hopefully this is a step up on what was already good.

Not sure if I would be up for purchasing this as day one though. I remember reading about the delays on some of the later episodes and I imagine that a large gap between episodes would be a bit draining. i purchased it as a complete package and I could play it at my own pace. A great midnight game.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Just to ruin everone else's fun.
    I really dislike the fact Clem is in this. I have done that emotional journey, I want a different one now.
    I adored Clem and truly believe TWD1 was the most heart wrenching game I have ever played, but I just cant see this season hitying that again by reusing the same emotional crutch.
  • Agreed, I loved Clem and TWD was easily my GOTY but that's done for me now, seems like a bit of a crutch for them to go back to her.
  • The walking dead is supposed to be a continuous story of survival horror, without carrying characters over I'd feel it's just another restart of a zombie story. I get what you're saying but I'd rather keep the timeline.
  • http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-17-the-walking-dead-all-that-remains-review
    Eurogamer reviews the first new episode.  I haven't checked it out, apart from the score.  They like it.
  • I'm really struggling, like Dive, with putting myself through the mill with Clem again. Season 1 made me cry!
  • Vita: "coming very soon"

Come ooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnuh.

Having blitzed through Season One this past week I'm very much looking forward to Two. I'm far more tolerant of sequels for character/narrative-driven games and, since character growth is such a large part of this franchise, exploring where things take Clementine next is easily justified, especially now we'll be playing as her.
  • Season 1 played with me so much. I was heartbroken at the end and wanted to know what happened to her. I have also never felt so bad about an in-game choice I made. Spur of the moment without enough time to think it through. No game has made be feel so involved but I suspect a part of that was not expecting to be dragged in. Would be good to see whether season 2 can do the same.

• Computers yesterday, consoles today, iThings later this week, Vita very soon, next gen someday.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!