Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Need to get back on Warlock - kinda wanna try out that floaty solar snap build I saw about a while ago. No idea if it's still powerful, but i deffo need to mix things up after playing nothing but Strand Hunter for a while.

Yeah, Winters Guile + snap, should still be good. The current version of the age old Sunbracers floaty nuke build is also great fun and has some cool build variations. Honestly, how the hell did I ever manage without loadouts? It's killing me to be without them.
  • Back faffing with this. Now my interwebs is sorted I can download stuff freely again. So will be jumping between a few more things.

Even less idea than normal, but the shoot shoot is just so nice.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Live stream in a couple of hours showing the final shape.
    New content today free to everyone after reset 'in to the light' with reprised 'whisper of the worn' exotic mission and new wave based horde mode called onslaught.
  • I sort of need them to stop making new things for this game now. I need a little life back.
  • Brooks wrote:
    I sort of need them to stop making new things for this game now. I need a little life back.

Destiny 2 and FF14 expansion this year. Back end of my year is fucked.
  • Brooks wrote:
    I sort of need them to stop making new things for this game now. I need a little life back.
    Destiny 2 and FF14 expansion this year. Back end of my year is fucked.

Looking at that stream, it looks like they're not in fact making new things lol.
  • Are they doing a Destiny 3? I'd quite like to jump in at the start.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • You're 10 years late for that.
  • Is that a no?
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Bungie is sunsetting sunsetting.
  • As someone who still has a stupid amount of sunset weapons in my vault this makes me vary happy. I still regularly dig out things like Breachlight, Perfect Paradox, Kindled Orchid, Ringing Nail, Go Figure, Smugglers Word, etc, for Gunsmith bounties, Strikes, and Crucible. And I know some of these will probably get reintroduced with updated perk pools anyway, but until they do I shall make the most of this.
  • Very much looking forward to the return of my beloved Blast Furnace next week as well. If its update is anywhere near as good as some of the other Brave weapons it'll be a solid part of my loadout for a good while. 

They really have done a job on these weapon reprisals, and Onslaught for that matter. It's the most enjoyable D2 grind I've engaged in since I don't know when.
  • As someone who still has a stupid amount of sunset weapons in my vault this makes me vary happy. I still regularly dig out things like Breachlight, Perfect Paradox, Kindled Orchid, Ringing Nail, Go Figure, Smugglers Word, etc, for Gunsmith bounties, Strikes, and Crucible. And I know some of these will probably get reintroduced with updated perk pools anyway, but until they do I shall make the most of this.

I held onto my special sunset weapons for an age and eventually gave up a few weeks back and mass deleted…
  • Yeah I finally got to use a Mountaintop. I can entirely understand why this thing was a fucking menace.
  • Pretty keen on the no-abilities-all-gunz-only PVP mode they're about to trial. I just hate getting owned by supers and grenades and etc.
  • Yeah Mountaintop's crazy good, haven't been killed by it much in PvP yet though so the PTSD's staying buried for now. I managed to get a shiny Auto Loading/Recombination roll for PvE that's made me laugh out loud a few times. 

I held onto my special sunset weapons for an age and eventually gave up a few weeks back and mass deleted…

Oh man that's brutal. You have my condolences.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    As someone who still has a stupid amount of sunset weapons in my vault this makes me vary happy. I still regularly dig out things like Breachlight, Perfect Paradox, Kindled Orchid, Ringing Nail, Go Figure, Smugglers Word, etc, for Gunsmith bounties, Strikes, and Crucible. And I know some of these will probably get reintroduced with updated perk pools anyway, but until they do I shall make the most of this.

How many of those names did you make up?
  • Lol, yeah I know. I do have a massive soft spot for Destiny weapon names though. Names like Dead Mans Tale, Patron of Lost Causes, Midnight Coup, Right Side of Wrong, Hollow Denial, Reckless Endangerment, Cold Side of the Pillow, Gnawing Hunger, and such are so evocative and it all adds to the charm of the weapons. I swear The Last Word has more personality and back story than many game's lead characters.
  • I tune in specifically for the weapon names. And the shaders.
  • I know it's been a long time since I've played as I don't recognise any of those names...apart from Last Word.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Can I be bothered to redownload this to play the Witch Queen campaign for free.
  • For free, sure why not. I know calling it the best D2 campaign is damning it with faint praise, but it's genuinely good.
  • Having been on a months long break I've been playing quite a lot since Into the Light dropped and I'm having a blast. Season of the Wish has been great and it's a delight to see the Dreaming City get some relevance again, I love everything about that place. 

I've played a shit load of Onslaught at this point and it's still not getting old, and the return of The Whisper and Zero Hour is fantastic to see. I've already run Whisper a few times solo just for fun and I'll jump into Zero Hour this weekend. I'm eager to catch up with my old mate Trevor. Oh, I also ran Operation: Seraph’s Shield for the first time thanks to the exotic mission rotator after missing it while taking another break last year, and like The Whisper I enjoyed it so much I've run it multiple times since. 

Also popped into the Warlord's Ruin dungeon solo to see what it's all about. Bloody hell, what a brilliant space that is. Managed to get to the second boss but died after a stupid mistake during my third DPS phase. Decided to bail at that point as it was getting late but I'll be back.

So yeah, the game is feeling very good right now and that's without trying the new Pantheon raid boss-rush mode or the new PvP maps. When Bungo get Destiny right there really is nothing else like it. Bring on The Final Shape.
  • Yeah, took my brother and nephew through Whisper - they're newer players and so had never seen it before. For me it was just really nice to see it again. Still need to do Zero Hour. 

This season does feel like there's A Lot to Do, which is nice. The seasonal activities have, for the most part, been pretty decent of late, but the overall experience did get a bit stale and it's nice to see them pulling out all the stops.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    See you after 114 gigs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!