Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Rogue Nation send a little better perhaps, we'll see...
  • They go from a bit meh, to decent, then Fallout is just excellent.
    Superman reloads his arms!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Diego Maradonna is a doc of his rise and fall by the same guy who did the Ayerton Senna doc.

For me, Maradonna is the greatest footballer ever. He's the one I got to "see" at his peak and this doc shows him to be even better than I thought - his years at Napoli - taking a team constantly in the relegation zone to the top of Serie A while winning a World Cup and a UEFA cup are his peak.

His fall was painful - we learn his nose was wide open that whole time during Napoli's 2nd Serie A title...was snorting until Wednesday and then went to the gym to be ready for the Sunday game. No way that could last. Like Senna, though for other reasons, it's a case of what might have been.

He was a genius but he was bonkers and didn't have the help or personality to deal with level of fame he had in Italy.

And him playing for Argentina, putting Italy out of Italia '90 on his way to a 2nd final, in the Napoli stadium, killed him off as a figure in Italian football.

Worth a watch.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Finally got to sit down and watch Top Gun Maverick at home thanks to the digital release.

Fuck me that was absolutely spectacular. Literally everything I wanted in a movie. I'm so damn happy. Fuck
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • 38. Spider-Man - 20/8
    Holiday rewatch.
    [8]

39. Batman Begins - 22/8
    Holiday rewatch.
    [8]

40. Jurassic Park: The Lost World - 26/8
    Holiday (flight) rewatch.
    [8]

41. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 26/8
    Holiday (flight) rewatch.
    [7]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    For some reason I thought it was considered good but I didn't get anything out of it. At least your Wolf Creek has a good baddie

I absolutely fuckng love that film.. Eden Lake rules

Im with DS. A genius film for the sheer level of uneasiness you start to get that doesn't really stop. Great ending too.

Have to say I’m shocked at the shade Eden Lake is copping. Uncomfortably plausible horror.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yeah, I thought Eden Lake was great. I’m not sure I’d ever want to watch it again, but that’s because it’s so bloody stressful, not because it’s a bad film.
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Night Hunter has a good story and a better cast. It gets mixed reviews but I enjoyed it. There was a particular hole in the script - I had no idea where the tracker found near the end fitted in. Annoyed me a bit that and I usually have a high tolerance of that sort of thing.

But the guy playing the baddie was excellent, as was the girl playing the psychiatrist. Cavill was OK - there was a couple of good scenes he had but overall I expected better. But I like him so that's OK.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    40. Jurassic Park: The Lost World - [8]

Wot.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Rogue Nation send a little better perhaps, we'll see...

Got a bit ludicrous. I hate it when clea CGI kicks in. Meh. You lot better be right that Fallout is decent.

Then I might do the Bournes. And then back to my MCU journey? Think I was in GOTG2 in my chronological watch.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    40. Jurassic Park: The Lost World - [8]
    Wot.

Explain please.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's shit. Ergo plato morano.
  • I've got a soft spot for it but I'd never have pegged it as an Elf 8.
  • Haven’t seen it in ages, probably not since early 00s, but I rated it based on throughly enjoying almost every moment during my flight. One of those “switch brain off” and relax sessions for me and it hit the spot. I mean, it’s not that much worse than the original and still far better than subsequent trash sequels.
  • Films are better on planes because you have nothing better to do, low expectations and low oxygen.
  • Maybe I should’ve gone for Morbius instead then!
  • Minkymu wrote:
    For some reason I thought it was considered good but I didn't get anything out of it. At least your Wolf Creek has a good baddie

I absolutely fuckng love that film.. Eden Lake rules

Im with DS. A genius film for the sheer level of uneasiness you start to get that doesn't really stop. Great ending too.

Have to say I’m shocked at the shade Eden Lake is copping. Uncomfortably plausible horror.

My man

PSN - minkymu
  • Nope

Yep
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The Drop I thought this was going to be a caper action film. It's better than that. Quite bleak and downbeat - the film generates a sense of dread and doom throughout. Tom Hardy sporting an odd Mike Tyson/Sly Stallone accent is rather good as is James Gandolfini and Noomi Rapace.

Worth a watch.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    46. Coach Carter - 6

Run of the mill teacher inspires young underprivileged kids. In this case the local basket ball team. It's all very obvious stuff, with some terrible stereotyping to elevate the drama (I can't believe all the parents wanted the kids to just win basketball even at the expense of their education). Overall, it gains a couple of points for Sam's presence.

47. The Golden Child - 7

This is a straight up B movie, which at the time had an elevated status due to Murphy's star appeal being at its zenith. Murphy straight up uses lots of his performance from Trading Places, though in a slightly more reserve approach. The action is schlocky, it's incredibly sexist (though the charming Charlotte Lewis having a wet t-shirt moment in a fight scene certainly appealed to 14 year-old b0r1s) and it has one of the worst special effects scenes I've ever watched. I still have a soft spot for it though. It could have had an 8 but the music is so so 80's it hurts your ears at times.

46. Day Shift - 5

Disappointing. That's all I can say really. Despite some nice fight choreography in the second house sweep, overall I was bored by this, exactly not what I was expecting from the trailer.
  • Aye, Day Shift was surprisingly run of the mill.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • 42. Split - 28/8
    Above average Shyamalan thriller that sets up Glass. Nothing particularly stands out, but McAvoy wasn’t bad doing multiple personalities.
    [6]
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think that the connection to the other film is supposed to be the twist at the end of Split. Having not seen the other film, it fell flat for me. Great performance from McAvoy at least.
  • Ah right. It didn’t surprise me as it’s been out for a while and I’ve had friends talk about it. So I didn’t really know it was supposed to be a twist that bit at the end!

Might watch Glass tonight.
  • Was a cool moment when I saw it at the cinema on release. Was unexpected and made me smile because Unbreakable is great.

Glass is, unfortunately, garbage. Obviously a rushed production with a very limited budget. A shame really cos it could have been good.
  • 110. Mission: Impossible
    Fun little spy thriller that still holds up thanks to De Palma's filmmaking with split shots, extreme close ups, coloured lighting and a nice layer of sleaze throughout. Amazed at how well the effects hold up at the end. Well before they hit the tunnel anyway.
    [8]
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    They hold up better than the later movies!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Mission: Impossible is the best Mission: Impossible.
    Get schwifty.
  • It's cool how you can see the DNA they established in it that has carried through all the other ones. Well maybe not the second one.
    I think a large part of the reason it holds up is because it's a De Palma movie. In anyone else's hands it probably would feel a big bog standard.

Big lols at Jon Voight having the young wife and how often they have to keep mentioning that they are married because you never would think that without them telling you. Also the "because I've tasted the goods" line is possibly the grossest thing ever written and I can't believe they got Voight to say it.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    74. St. Vincent
    Bill Murray's barfly with a heart of gold becomes an unexpected mentor to his new neighbour's son. It goes pretty much how you expect but with a bit more substance to the characters, helped by strong supporting actors even in small roles. Murray seems like he's having fun and the kid is surprisingly endearing, there are some very funny and genuinely sweet moments so the predictable ending at least feels well earned. [6]

75. Incendies
    I went into this without knowing anything other than it was directed by Villeneuve and I've loved everything else of his I've seen. This is another excellent piece of work with the film split between a set of twins tracing their late mother's journey through 70s Lebanon with flashbacks of the mother during that period. It's incredibly well balanced and one of the most engrossing films I've seen this year, I was completely lost in it. There are superb performances throughout, and the whole thing is beautifully shot and scored. [9]
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!