Movie Record 2022 Edition
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Triangle This started off feeling rather hackneyed but I'm glad I stayed with it as it soon turns into a rather neat tale. Glad I watched this now.   The sub-genre is very much my thing.   Well presented too.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's an absolute belter that Davy.

Guessing you've seen Timecrimes?
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Nope. Need to look that up then?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Triangle is one of my favourites.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    davyK wrote:

Also Predestination if you haven’t seen that yet, davy.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    And Primer.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    davyK wrote:

Yep, along with the two Raiz has said!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I remember Triangle getting good reviews back at release but for some reason I just didn't get around to watching it. It's a good 'un all right. And it's a step above the usual time loop fare.

I thought
    Spoiler:
    but it's much better than that.
  • Coherence is worth a watch too.
  • Time crimes is great. Primer also good but low key.

Predestination is a mind fuck.
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK wrote:
    I remember Triangle getting good reviews back at release but for some reason I just didn't get around to watching it. It's a good 'un all right. And it's a step above the usual time loop fare.

I thought
    Spoiler:
    but it's much better than that.

Yeah i enjoyed that one too. Very dark

PSN - minkymu
  • Time lapse is decent too.

Obvs 12 monkeys.

Source code
    PSN - minkymu
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    The Infinite Man is brilliant but not readily available (I still need to watch Triangle, although I did somewhat recently watch Predestination and was quite impressed).
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    37. I Origins - 7

Scientist discovery film mixed with spiritual romance, it is a film of two halves where the first half is really interesting with a great performance from the mysterious woman who the lead falls for, but, after a very well filmed scene mid way through the film, the pay off just doesn't work for me, it's not as nuanced or as brave as the lead up would have you believe. Marling, who is in the film, was clearly influenced by this to make The OA though.
  • davyK wrote:
    Triangle This started off feeling rather hackneyed but I'm glad I stayed with it as it soon turns into a rather neat tale. Glad I watched this now.   The sub-genre is very much my thing.   Well presented too.

Is that the ones on the ship? That's due a rewatch, remember it being superb.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Aye, that's the one.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s a solid little film. Brilliant ending.
  • 33. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 22/7
    It’s been on my list for such a long time and finally got round to it. Didn’t disappoint. Seems to me to be about finding something to keep you going and to get over hate and anger. Or maybe I’m reading it wrong, but whatever it is, it is a joy to watch. I do enjoy films set in quieter towns and seeing different America rather than New York or LA. The icing on the cake was the beautiful chill soundtrack.
    [9]
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Aye, that was a great movie.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Excellent film, think it was my film of the year at the time.
  • I should watch it again. Was all geared up to love it but the fact that I just liked it felt disappointing. Places third on joint McDonagh list I reckon, will give it another go to see if it moves.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    True Story is a - well - true story about a journalist who had comprised himself and lost his job at the NYT and sees a 2nd chance when asked to interview a man accused of killing his family. The two leads are great. Jonah Hill and James Franco are both brilliant in this. I watched purely because Hill was in it and I hadn't heard of the film - but this is a real treat. There's excellent support from Felicity Jones too. Short and snappy at 90-odd mins. Well worth a look.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    38. The Sea Beast - 8

Netflix CGI channeling How To Train Your Dragon and King Kong. Some great animation and a pleasant way to spend a Saturday afternoon, if a smidge too long. Might be a bit too diverse for some mind.
  • 48. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
    Great fun, brilliant action sequences, top stunts and Tom running. 8
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    48. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
    Great fun, brilliant action sequences, top stunts and Tom running. 8

I love those movies. They just get better as the series goes on

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The Grey Man

Wow this is fun. Big action, big cast, big stars, I loved it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    39. The Sea Beast - 8

Netflix CGI channeling How To Train Your Dragon and King Kong. Some great animation and a pleasant way to spend a Saturday afternoon, if a smidge too long. Might be a bit too diverse for some mind.

Edit forgot to slot The Gray Man in at 38. Great action film. Definitely worth a 9.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    40. Venom - 7

Know nothing about this character other than Spidey fights him in games. Was an ok hero origin story and Hardy was good despite his questionable accent.
  • 84. Top Gun
    Only watched this once before and I'd forgotten how watchable it is. Snappy pace, fun action, steamy and sweaty homo-erotic overtones. Was great.
    [8]

85. Men
    Wasn't wholly engaged through the entirety of it and I think I'm a bit too slow to pick up all the - not so subtle - sub and surface texts but I did like that it went there when it wanted to get there. Been recommended a podcast called The Trap to learn up on abusive relationships.
    [7]

86. Midsommar - Director's Cut
    Paired with Men this was a double feature of shit men at the cinema. Never seen the DC but I thought it was really good. The fact that I couldn't really tell what was added apart from one bit showed how much that stuff was meant to be there. The added sequence also gave more depth to a bit at the end too which was cool. I think it's still a bit too slow in the not good way for me to really love it but I do really appreciate it.
    [7]

87. Top Gun: Maverick
    What an absolute feat of filmmaking this is. It's like they took the bones of the original and made a better movie in every way. Better characterisation, better acting, better story and better action. Was a proper sight on the IMAX screen. Proper cinema blockbuster and so refreshing after all the CGI fuckfests of recent years. Has me even more excited for the next Mission Impossible.
    [9]
  • You’ve lost some credibility in my eyes, Shabs. Am disappoint.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!