Star Trek
  • I have no idea where they end up Dante, but it's clearly very far from earth, and I have a problem with them jump-cutting him in a ship the size of a Transit van in the blink of an eye, just because he needs to be there for the story to progress.
    Christ, TNG would have devoted an entire dialogue-heavy episode to his journey on the shuttle, and his desperate attempts to control the escalating situation while stuck on the shuttle trying to get there in time.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    ??? The anomaly isn't in another galaxy - the ship that comes through the anomaly claims to be there to open diplomatic ties to the Federation. It would literally be travelling in the opposite direction if it had gone to another galaxy. It'll be on the edge of Federation space somewhere.

I don't remember the pull out sequence but it would have been intended to be figurative if it reached galaxy levels.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Remember Seven is coincidentally already there when the rift opens - she didn't even travel to the rift.
  • I wonder what Federation space even looks like post Romulan Empire. The Romulan Neutral Zone was the closest edge to Earth.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Remember Seven is coincidentally already there when the rift opens - she didn't even travel to the rift.
    Oh, don't get me started on that nonsense!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    We needed one of these:

jlyziFc.jpg
    Things can only get better.
  • Oh... the bridge on the StarGazer looks sexy. But Rios.....smoking on deck!!!! Ppptttah. Will no one think of the health and safety?????????
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I just rewatched the episode, the zoom out shows a few nebula in the vicinity of the solar system, not galaxies. If anything, it highlights the anomaly isn't that far from Earth.

Incidentally, the production materials show the shuttle is a long range shuttle craft, not a runabout. The TOS movies feature a Vulcan long range shuttle design that had very large warp nacelles - the idea was the large engines would convey to the audience that despite being a shuttle, this craft was capable of travelling at high speeds. Oddly, this one just looks like a runabout but despite a design that's a bit too opaque for the audience, it is apparently capable of high/full warp speeds.
  • Watched S2 E1 against my better judgement so I guess I'm along for this terrible ride again.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    You’re not the only one!:

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    Fancy dress Trek can fuck off into the night.

H'oh no, sir, I must say you're wrong!

FdxslB.gif
  • If there’s an RLM review then now I have to watch it.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    If Rich from RLM guess about the new octo borg lady is right, it could be the single worst retcon ever done, seriously dumb. With these writers all kinds of stupid is in play.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Well this season hasn't shat the bed yet as of Episode 2. Winging it in a dark alternate future is maybe the only thing this cast of characters are actually well suited for.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Not a bad second episode, if you ignore ‘JL’ and unnecessary ultra violence.
  • Why are they doing something that Discovery only did about a year ago?

How did a freight captain get a command position in Starfleet?

How did a junkie get a position in Starfleet?
  • Why are they doing something that Discovery only did about a year ago? How did a freight captain get a command position in Starfleet? How did a junkie get a position in Starfleet?

He was a commander in Starfleet prior to being a freight captain.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Bit of a flabby uninteresting episode this week and it doesn't seem like next week's will be better from the cliffhanger.
  • It's literally like they're spinning a wheel to see what ideas to use.

Spin 1 - Have Picard turn down the Irish Romulan

Spin 2 - Have the Borg show up with a new Borg Queen

Spin 3 - Q meddles with Picard

Spin 4 - Alternate reality

Spin 5 - Time Travel
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Spin 6 - Dwight Schultz
  • Is Star Trek back to being Trek again? I tried Discovery but it was absolutely terrible. Then I watched season 1 of Picard and they killed Icheb like he was some throw away character, I genuinely thought fuck off you bunch of cunts. 

Trek should be about using aliens and the vastness of space to work through social issues without overtly forcing them on you. But these new shows seem to just wave a willy in your face and say mmm some people love cock. So whats the deal. Has it got any better or should I just stick to the Orville?
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Fans of classic Trek seem to get on better with Lower Decks but you aren't the only one to not think the newer stuff is as good as the old.
  • Yeah Lower Decks is the biz.
  • More of a Star Trek: The Next Generation: The Animated Series man myself.
    https://twitter.com/gazelle_inc/status/1514021229614747648
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Never underestimate the power of nostalgia. Let’s be honest, Star Trek has been kinda janky from the beginning.

Picard isn’t perfect but I’m enjoying it. It almost makes up for Discovery being so pony. For every Wrath of Khan there’s a Motion Picture. For every Undiscovered Country, a Final Frontier. Roll on season 3 of Picard and Lower Decks, I say.

But mostly Lower Decks.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Can't really agree with that. I've watched atleast one episode of star trek every month for the last 30 years. If I can't find anything to watch I just watch star trek. I work my way through every show start to finish then repeat indefinitely. So it's not nostalgia. I have never tired of the show and never feel like it's aged.

How can it age, it's set in the future.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Scotswahey wrote:
    I have never tired of the show and never feel like it's aged.

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

It's always been hit and miss, let's be honest.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Scotswahey wrote:
    I have never tired of the show and never feel like it's aged.
    giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif giphy.gif It's always been hit and miss, let's be honest.

But... you've only given evidence of the hits?
    SFV - reddave360
  • I don't see how anything you posted shows it's aged. There's a logical, scientific explanation for each and every one of those examples.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!