Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I got an hour into it and gave up. Not watched any of his films since.
  • Look it's...

Reservoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction
    The Hateful Eight

for me, in that order. There wasn't a single loveable character in Jackie Brown; nobody did themselves any favours appearing in that film, from Samuel L Jackson's ridiculous pony tail through to De Niro's strangely muted performance.

I suppose Hollywood resonated with people who dig that whole Mansun cult thing and understood who that girl was who got murdered. I didn't, so it failed to enthrall me at all. Just like I thought The Irish Man was boring because I only had a casual understanding of who Jimmy Hopper was
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Kow wrote:
    Somebody needs to give Tarantino a good kicking.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • He'd probably enjoy that too much because of his well documented foot fetish.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Quick someone say he needs an editor before all the original posts have been taken.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nah The Irishman is just absolute indulgent shit all round.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m still waiting for his sci-fi film.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'd give my remaining nut for Tarantino to do a proper full on horror
  • Facewon wrote:
    Cosmic sin.

Accurate name. It's a sin it exists. Must have been a big check to get bruce Willis in.

The script is an absolute mess.

So bad. I'm staggered it actually exists.

Started this and lasted half hour. Absolutely the worse film I've ever seen.

Dude, if you lasted half an hour then you literally missed the worst bits.

It's a staggering achievement.

The first half hour is terrible, but the middle is worse, and the end is so bad. It triples down on the bad that came before.

I need to know the story of how this film made it to release.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I'd give my remaining nut for Tarantino to do a proper full on horror

An ex of mine sat next to him at the Hollywood premiere of Sean of the Dead. She was in full zombie make-up and he was very complimentary about it (to be fair, she was a pro effects/make-up artist at the time.) Apparently he really rated the film.
  • In the Earth - I don't know whether it was the boozed up audience in my local cinema, but was this supposed to be played for laughs? The constant referencing of the
    Spoiler:
    seemed to some sort of running joke? At least the audience I was part of treated it that way.

A frustrating film in many ways. Especially when the
    Spoiler:

6 Puffing Mushrooms out of 10.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Turns out there’s a trailer for that Sopranos prequel:

• Thats james actual son playing young tony
    PSN - minkymu
  • A Quiet Place 2
    Preferred it to the original. A lot less wtf are they doing that for stuff going on.

I liked the flashback to day zero stuff. I would actually like a full prequel spanning day zero up to the point they have worked out the noise thing and ending with them finding a safe if temporary haven. Following different characters though.

As much as I like Jim from The Office Murphey is a welcome cast addition and adds some chops.

There are some really nice effects in this one building on decent effects last time. In particular practical effects being used where the monsters would be later inserted.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Monster (2003)

Wow.  Just Wow. Charlize Theron is astronomically good in this. This may be the best technical acting display I have seen , certainly from a woman. Up there with the best that De Niro or Hoffman and Co.

Having watched the doc about the person this is based on , Theron pulls off a superb recreation. But what is more impressive is the size she is on screen. OK - she plays with a diminutive Christina Ricci (who hangs on by her fingernails here but is good) but even with other people in the scene, including men, she crowds it out.

A spectacular performance.

Story wise it seems close to what happened , though of course we will never really know what happened in those cars over and above the fact that she killed those men. It is perhaps sympathetic to her but after watching the Broomfield doc I don't think it's a million miles away from the tragedy. Serial killers are made not born.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Turns out there’s a trailer for that Sopranos prequel:

OOOOOOhhhhh exciting
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nice Dylan cover on there.  One for Yoss:

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    That's an inspired piece of casting in the Tony's mother role. That lead guy looks great too.
  • I'd be sceptical but it's by Chase so... hype rising.

What's it on?

Sopranos is the OG for me, used to tape it off telly for my dad to watch later, loved a good gangster programme he did.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The trailer says only in cinemas, but presumably it’ll reach Sky Movies/NowTV before too long.
  • Ah it's a film? I assumed a TV series. Much more hopeful of a standalone film.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Thats james actual son playing young tony

That explains a lot. It's uncanny.
  • Minkymu wrote:
    I still say the last boy scout is a good 90’s actioner

Its great.
    The Forum Herald™
  • davyK wrote:
    Minkymu wrote:
    Thats james actual son playing young tony
    That explains a lot. It's uncanny.

Heavy stuff, must be a peculiar headspace.  Good luck to him.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    The trailer says only in cinemas, but presumably it’ll reach Sky Movies/NowTV before too long.

It's 31 days in cinemas then to HBO Max or equivalent.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Tbh, Gandolfini's kid is a good pick for the looks but I'm not convinced of his acting ability. He's been pretty non descript in anything I've seen him in.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That Sopranos movie gave me hype I've not had since the Deadwood movie let's gooooo
  • Sops prequel seems completely meaningless to me. The whole draw of the show was that it articulated the growing dreadfulness of late capitalism through the handy analogue of mob shit. What on earth is there to say about the 1970s at this point.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I dunno. Who cares, if it's entertaining, I guess.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Sops prequel seems completely meaningless to me. The whole draw of the show was that it articulated the growing dreadfulness of late capitalism through the handy analogue of mob shit. What on earth is there to say about the 1970s at this point.

Disco, Drugs, Post Vietnam, poverty neighbourhoods, still feel richly but rarely tapped

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!