Final Fantasy - General
  • Ah. Well, fingers crossed for you.
  • Nearly four hours into it now, and have just been doing everything in the slums before moving on.

Including
    Spoiler:
    as a board game is a winning move. I've spent a couple of hours becoming the champ.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Just want to say that 7 has been wild today.
    Spoiler:
  • INTERmission/INTERgrade gets a high five from our Jon!

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/review/final-fantasy-vii-remake-intergrade/
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Probably not a surprise after I gave it the same last year. But yeah, I liked the DLC as well. It does a good job with Yuffie and even makes something worthwhile out of Fort Condor.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've been enjoying the PS5 version - it's beautiful, although there are still some low-res looking poster textures that are zoomed up quite close in cutscenes and the 'sky'box beneath the underplate showing the slums in the Reactor 5 section should have been replaced by polygons IMO. Will be fun to see what they can do in Part 2 once they can fully let rip on next gen.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    After R&C and the end of TLoU2, and Rive, I'm pretty sure this is up next...
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Getting there with 7 on Switch, from what I know there's only story to do for me now, no real side things I wanna chase.
    Spoiler:

So yeah, story never really slows down, although it also feels like it never reached the heights of the first 10-15 hours again. Might be at the actual end. It's also expected tbh, as in the beginning all the story gets sets up, and after that it gets filled in, slowly revealed and a few twists
    Spoiler:
    . It's still incredibly well told, a lot of funny moments, hints to things that you only realize if you actually think about it for a second
    Spoiler:
    a good mix of in game scenes, real time scenes, rendered scenes. Going from story to gameplay feels all very natural still. And of course the music.

I find it really playable still, have never used the switch extra's to speed up battles etc, doesn't feel like it needs it. Only thing I have on is the cursor for exits on screen. I do wonder if they made the game easier, as I've never really been in trouble, apart from Cloud not having a ribbon, so when he's confused counter / cover / 2x cut will kill him every once in a while. He's a bit weak after all.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Finished. What a ride.
    Spoiler:

TLDR - The first 10-15 hours (after leaving Midgar and Kalm City) have some of the best story telling in the game. I can see people not getting into the game after that, but those first hours are worth whatever the price on Switch is. There's still a lot to love after that, and I had a lot of fun with it.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Enjoyed your journey, Nina, thanks for sharing. Might have to have a replay.

Tried the remake a few weeks ago and gave up after dying on the first boss.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yarred the 7 remake on PC. Never played an FF before.

I will hate it won't I.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Digital Foundry have been tweeting today that there are performance issues with the PC port.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    There always are. Lovely stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Actually read about it and yes download cancelled. Sounds like a beyond clusterfuck.

Console ports are the best.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I got FFXII Zodiac Age on Switch for Christmas, and it's still excellent.

Just hoping I can re-spec characters, as I've accidentally made Penelo and Ashe both White Mages.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I just did a quick Google and Montblanc at Clan Centurio lets you do that.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Ah mint. I had a vague memory that someone would let you do it, but I couldn't remember who.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    OMG you guys, you guys OMG. I had no idea that you could do this in Zodiac Age: I've just unlocked the ability to get a second license board for each character. This is fractal, nested levels of character customisation. This is going to be awesome.
  • Actually read about it and yes download cancelled. Sounds like a beyond clusterfuck. Console ports are the best.

FF7R is decent on PC. It's not the port I was hoping for, but it's still a fun game. That is - if you're happy to play in Japanese using subtitles. The English dub is objectionable. The voice actor for Tifa is totally at odds with her body language, and this game is all about Tifa. 

And some story shit, but mainly Tifa.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Am I right in thinking that the Final Fantasy 7 Remake project is now 4 separate titles, that now cover less than half of the original story?

WTAF?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Nah, three games that cover the whole story. The other projects like Crisis Core Reunion, Ever Crisis and The First Soldier are extra bits and bobs.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Ah... It was the tail end of this trailer that confused me:

Still a bit frustrating though. I'd guess at this rate, it's going to take at least two more titles, and more likely three, to complete the story.
    Devs should never listen to us fans.

Look at us... We're exploiting ourselves!
  • They've said Remake will be 3 parts already, so it won't take 2 or 3 more. It'll be this one, then one more. But yeah, if you didn't watch the full show, then the messaging is...very Square Enix.
  • Remake 1 (inc intergrade), 2 and 3 = the remake project in full
    Ever Crisis = mobile phone alternate remake wrapping all the expanded Anthology of FFVII content into a single bundle
    Crisis Core Reunion = PSP remaster
    First Soldier = Phone Battle Royale Prequel

I think that's it.
  • I’m glad they confirmed it’s a trilogy, and it seems we’ll get them all on ps5. Looking forward to what happens in the next game considering the way the story unfolds in part 1.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    By "separate", does that mean no carry over at all?  (In terms of items/EXP?  Or specific story arcs which you have/haven't progressed?  Can you double back to bits you missed in the first game?)

I'm guessing that either that's unclear/unknown, or I should just watch the video?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    By "separate", does that mean no carry over at all?  (In terms of items/EXP?  Or specific story arcs which you have/haven't progressed?  Can you double back to bits you missed in the first game?) I'm guessing that either that's unclear/unknown, or I should just watch the video?

The trailer I posted is just a teaser. I don't know if there's a 'deep dive' out there.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    By "separate", does that mean no carry over at all?  (In terms of items/EXP?  Or specific story arcs which you have/haven't progressed?  Can you double back to bits you missed in the first game?) I'm guessing that either that's unclear/unknown, or I should just watch the video?
    The trailer I posted is just a teaser. I don't know if there's a 'deep dive' out there.

Naw, that's the only stuff. And they didn't tackle Muzzy's question - no-one knows how progression across games will work, if it even is a thing at all.
  • I can’t see it happening, unless they have some way of knowing all the items and materia and levels I had on the ps4 version of the remake. Maybe if you played remake on the ps5 it could happen.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Wait, so how much of the story is the remake that came out last year?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!